“My special place when visiting the Cape to shop !” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Hyannis/W. Yarmouth/Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   41 Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
Albany, NY
“My special place when visiting the Cape to shop !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Every September, I take a solo trip to Cape Cod for the wonderfull festivales, and low price shopping deals to get ready for the upcoming holidays . And my best bargin is always
the wonderfull Super 8 Motel in West Yarmouth ! Having used it for many years , it remains outstanding in its staff , operation , cleanlieness, and room appointments .
I always reserve a first floor , non-smoking , king room . Full cable TV , frige , coffee maker , sofa , table / 2 chairs , deck and chair, very large bath equiped with fan and hair dryer , over - sized hoop styled shower curtain , bath needs , and an abundance of towels . It could almost be called a mini suite.
I was there on the weekend of Sept 17 & 18 , and the outside pool was still open . There is also a good continental breakfast included , consisting of cffee's , juice , cereals , and danish. [ certainly more then enough to satisfy anyones morning appitite ]
And as I mentioned before , the staff is wonderfull , hekpfull , and able and willing to help with any questions .

Room Tip: The king room non smoking is only on first floor of this two floot motel . All free ample parking...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were very impressed by the rooms at the motel - large, air conditioned, with TV and coffee maker. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was helpful. The area is relatively quiet, so sleep wasn't a problem. The motel also had a pool (which we didn't use, but a nice touch nevertheless).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Nice location. Just outside Hyannis on 28. Convenient to all of the mid-cape. Rooms were clean and in good repair for the most part. I was a little unnerved when I got into my room and saw the damage to the jamb from someone breaking in at some point. However, the door seemed to stay latched ok. My elderly parents room was ok or we would have left. During the first night there, I awoke to the sound of men's voices outside my window (was on second floor thankfully). With my heart pounding in my chest I waited and listened until their buddy below me finally woke up and let them in, as they'd lost their key. My guess is that some people live at the motel. I probably wouldn't return unless I didn't have a choice, based on the noise at bar closing time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Even for a group of non-discriminating guys in our 20's, this place is nasty. The bathroom isn't clean enough to make showering feel especially productive. Entire rooms smells like mildew. There's just no reason to stay here- I would rather drive back and forth to the Cape from the mainland.

Given those facts, nothing else should really matter. For what it's worth, the staff is also curt at best. Rude would probably be a better word.

Unless you are entirely unconcerned with the the sanitary conditions of your room, don't bother.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Shoreview, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We chose this hotel becuase of it's low price, but it was old, run down and not very comfortable. Bed was hard, the wi-fi didn't work 80% of the time and the breakfast selection had two kinds of cereal and a pile of prepackaged muffins. Pool was okay and location was convenient. But if I could have kept my Internet connection up long enough to find a different hotel, we would have moved.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clinton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

The first thing to hit us when we opened the door to the room was the smell. My friend claimed the odor smelled like urine. After a relatively sleepless night trying to figure out what to do, we were on the road by 9:00 the next morning to try to find a place to move to. The people at the chamber of commerce were very helpful. When I went back to check-out an hour later, I was not asked why we only stayed one night. Instead I was simply told that I would owe that night's charge. All I can figure is that they are used to one night stays. I could not wait to get out of there.

• Stayed July 2011
Woodstock, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

If you are looking for a basic hotel room that is tidy and ordinary I guess this is for you. The front desk people were nice and helpful. The "free" breakfast was a huge let down. My husband didn't even bother taking a thing, the choice was so poor.
It was noisy and their internet connection was just plain frustrating. I guess because of the location the price was SUPER high for a Super 8 motel
Very basic small closed in pool - filled with their own kids.
I would not stay there again, but mostly because I am used to a higher standard of hotel/motel when I am paying that much money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel - Hyannis/W. Yarmouth/Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!