“Horrible, Run Quick, Scam Artists!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Ottawa, Canada
“Horrible, Run Quick, Scam Artists!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was the worst hotel experience EVER! The room was musty, the temperature of the water fluctuated from freezing cold to boiling hot in the shower & when we approached the front desk staff about this we were told that we didn't know how to work the shower knobs & he continued to argue with us in front of other hotel guests. They advertised free internet service; however, the connection would go in & out frequently so we tried to call the front desk but our phone didn't work!!! We walked down to the lobby & were told that the phones don't work. When we got back from our trip we were double charged, we paid through price line & then noticed we were also charged by the hotel. When we called the hotel about being double charged and the front desk attendant told us he didn't have time to look into it & to fax him our statements & he would look through the paper work at some point (not very reassuring). This was the worst hotel experience we ever had. We will never step foot here again! This hotel was rated a two star in price line, and we were charged $90/night. This hotel should be taken off of price line, it's not even a one star in my ratings, it's a headache that you don't need to deal with when you're on summer vacation & it's not even remotely worth $90/night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Peachtree City, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The day before I was to check-in, I had to return home for medical reasons. I sent a cancelation notice to the motel, only to find out they had a 3 day prior cancelation policy.
So I was charged for a nights lodging. Seems a bit unfair, so I will not make reservations again to stay there.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Have used this very clean Hotel before ,and found it to be my best bargain
yet on the Cape . I enjoy coming over to enjoy the Cape, and to take advantage of the uniqe shopping available that you can find nowhere else !
Each time I call , the Gentleman is so very pleasant to talk with , works with you to fit you with the room you are looking for , and makes the process very easy .
When you arrive , you're meeted by the friendly staff who will help you with any questions you might have , and present you with the card keys to your room .
Here you'll find a perfectly laid out King / or two Queens / non-smoking or smoking , very very clean , very bright bath with many extra , cable tv, even a safe ! All this , and a lovely continental brekfast at the front end in the morning , plus coffee in your room !
This will be "my " hotel for as long as these nice people own t !

Alfred Davis
ADAVIS37@nycap.rr.com

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Gladstone, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Our room was clean and well presented. The bathroom was clean also. We had 2 queens beds but only used one - it was very comfortable. There was a small fridge and table with two chairs. Wi-Fi internet which I had a problem connecting to initially but worked out I was not selecting the correct network, so my fault. The breakfast was basic but OK to get you started, perhaps some toast or bagels would have added a choice that was not sweet. The owner was manning reception and he kindly arranged to fill my thermos with hot water for our trip that day. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Searched the site looking for a place I hadn't tried before, as this trip I was by myself, doing some shopping and hanging out at the Ocean.
Came upon the Motel 8 in W Yarmouth , the upper part of the Cape. Called two days in advance, and was very lucky to get the last King / mini suite left. Using my AARP discount I recieved a " very low " price for the Thurs/ Fri [ Oct 7 - 8 ] that I required., the beginning of Columbus Day Weekend. Every place was getting full !
To my delight, my room was large - Non Smoking - King sized bed - sofa and table - Frig - Coffee Machine - Safe - Color / Cable TV - Internet hookup - Round table and two chairs - Hair dryer - Tub/ shower - Very clean - very comfortable - and very fresh !
A light breakfast was served in the morning ..... cereal , pastries , juicies , and coffee.
A good way to start the day , and the entire staff were all very helpfull .
I will certainly use this Motel again..........being a busy Holiday weekend, getting to Rout 6 to avoid the traffis was very very easy !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

It's ok, very cheap (50 usdollar for a family room), with a nice swimming pool, near many restaurant, far from the beach adn from beautiful city.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Queens, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Positives - A/C worked well, counter sized fridge......
Negatives - Filthy bathroom, dirty bed and linens, less than adequate lighting, a pool right on the main road, a pathetic continental breakfast, incompetent staff, inconsistently working ice machine, moldy smelling room, not a centralized location, the list goes on..... just look for another place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod? Share your experiences!