We just returned from a five day stay and couldn't have been more pleased that we chose to stay at the Lambert's Cove Inn. We'd never been to Martha's Vineyard before so we took the advice of many of the posters on this site and called the inn to book a room. From the first time that I called the Inn, both Scott and Kell made me feel as if I was an old friend calling to visit. They helped me pick a great room and made reservations for my wife and I at the Inn's restaurant for a night of our stay (don't miss the restaurant - see below).
Once we arrived at the Inn, we were immediately at home. Scott and Kell were both at the front desk when we arrived and they welcomed us warmly, showed us the property and our room and then recommended places for us to get dinner that night. Every day, they were more than happy to lend their knowledge of the island to two neophytes who didn't want to miss anything in their first trip. If you stay at the Inn, you'll see Scott and Kell quite often and they will always say hello and smile -- it is a small gesture, but it really makes the inn feel like a home away from home. Unsurprisingly, Scott and Kell's hospitality is mirrored by every other member of the Inn's staff, from the wonderful people who serve you breakfast each morning (the french toast with strawberrys is amazing) to the people that clean your room and maintain the grounds.
Besides the wonderful accomdations and hosts, there are two other things the Inn has that make it stand out. First is the restaurant, which was our favorite on the island. Wonderful food in a very quiet and intimate setting, plus you can walk home after dinner instead of driving! Second, staying at the inn gives you access to Lambert's Cove, a beach that limits access to residents of the immediate area (translation: few tourists and no huge crowds). We went to a couple of the other public beaches on the island during our stay, and always ended up back at the cove, it is a great beach and much quieter than the others.
Sorry for the long post, but I couldn't think of a way to briefly say all of the great things about Lambert's Cove Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lambert's Cove Inn, Farm & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on seven acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. As you follow the winding road, shaded by towering trees, that leads to the inn, you'll know when you arrive, that you have indeed found a very special place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lambert's Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lambert`s Cove Inn And Restaurant
- Lambert`s Cove Inn & Restaurant Hotel West Tisbury
- Lambert's Cove Inn West Tisbury, MA - Martha's Vineyard