This place is the most beautiful inn on the island. This is based on traveling here every summer for 15 years. My husband and I eloped this week and wanted something romantic. LCI is ranked #1 for weddings and #1 for romance on the island for good reason. If we were not eloping and planning a wedding, this is THE perfect place.
- This place IS the definition of attention to detail. We stayed in the Mystic and moved to the Charlotte due to room availability. There was plenty of places to store all the crap you bring and crap you buy on the island in both rooms. They have mini toiletries in bathrooms and full size available for sale for longer stays.
- The staff is the friendliest, non-pretentious group who will bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant (except the chef who cooks great but is a total unbending foodie). The owners should give the rest of the innkeepers on the island a lesson on grace, manner and style. The general manager, Andy, is a hero; he can solve any dillema or at least is willing to try. No one here is some foreign exchange student working the summer or some local teenager whose only there to collect a paycheck like in the bigger hotels. Now I worked as an attorney at two large law firms in NYC so I have a high threshold... let's just say LCI met and beat my expectations on service.
- The grounds are manicured to perfection. My husband works on golf courses and he was actually impressed (which is not an easy feat).
- There is a public computer and printer with access to the internet if you need to do work.
- There is plenty of parking.
- You do not need to lock your doors here, except if you see other guests you don't think you can trust.
- All rooms have a TV/DVD combo (though small) and they allow you to borrow DVD's at the front desk.
- This place is in the middle of no where. The driveway itself is a mile long. Then there's another 200 yds from the end of the driveway to the semi-private beach. The closest food source (restaurant or market) is a good 2 miles away, so bring some snacks back if you tend to get the munchies.
- The pool and jacuzzi close at 5:30pm, so if you have a sore back from a long day of biking, parasailing or jetskiing, make sure you have a tub in your room (note, the tubs are low and small).
- Rent/arrive with a car or moped or you will starve or go broke. Closest food spot is 2 miles away and the restaurant books fast. One steak dinner and one scallop dinner (no appetizers), two diet cokes and two iced teas (no dessert) with tip cost about $105.
- The chef does not accomodate changes to his menu, so if you don't like what you see don't bother eating here. My husband is diabetic and the chef would not take butterscotch sauce off the poundcake dessert we wanted for our wedding cake. To me, that's a real *sshole move. Apparently if you don't have the sauce, the poundcake tastes dry and stale. He's diabetic for goodness sake! and why are they serving stale poundcake in the first place?
- Invest in a foam cooler if you can find one - the front desk provides unlimited ice but closes around 10 or 11pm (depending on the night). A cooler is better than storing drinks with ice in your sink. Also buy six packs of soda at the store since the inn charges $1 each which can add-up....
- The best room, in my opinion, is the Winchester. It has a full bath tub as well as a private deck. It's also huge.
- Go to Cronig's market down the street rather than going to the Stop & Shop in Edgartown for groceries. Prices are better and their shelves are not wiped out by tourists with kids on an hourly basis. Also, the S&S is miles away and there's always 10 minutes of traffic at the enterance.
- It gets dark at 8pm, so plan ahead and try to have dinner before then so you don't have to drive the dark and winding roads.
- Nearby quick eats that are edible include the minigolf's grill (FANTASTIC hot dogs) and Black Dog bakery/cafe. Louie's Italian is overpriced ketchup on noodles.
- Get to know the bus lines. Saves money and there's a stop right at the Lambert's beach enterance.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lambert's Cove Inn, Farm & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on seven acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. As you follow the winding road, shaded by towering trees, that leads to the inn, you'll know when you arrive, that you have indeed found a very special place. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lambert`s Cove Inn & Restaurant Hotel West Tisbury
- Lambert`s Cove Inn And Restaurant
- Lambert's Cove Inn West Tisbury, MA - Martha's Vineyard