“Consistently Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Chatham, New York
“Consistently Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is one of the very best secrets in the Berkshires! But, truth be known, it is a secret no longer.
One of the warmest, most welcoming and charming restaurants around. The owner/chef and his wife treat their patrons with enormous grace and hospitality. The food is superb, highest quality and beautiful execution. Not inexpensive, but worth it. Now, too, there is the bar, which offers small plates and tapas for those who don't want a big meal. The wine list is always excellent. As you can see, I am a huge fan of this restaurant. Wish other restaurateurs would take a lesson.
One caveat, they are tremendously busy on weekends, so I suggest getting there early (they open at 5pm) and/or making a reservation.

• Visited June 2014

Malden, Massachusetts
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I love Tapas restaurants where you can sample small portions of a variety of foods. So this was a great find in West Stockbridge, MA. I am from Boston and was in town for a dog show. The innkeeper at the B&B I am staying at recommended it, so I decided to give it a try tonight. I was able to check out the menu ahead of time on their website so knew there would be something there I liked.
I walked in and was immediately greeted. It was just me so I would have preferred to sit at the bar, but all seats were taken so I got a table. The waitress was very nice, answering questions I had about the menu and checking with me about my food at appropriate intervals. I ended up getting 2 Tapas dishes and a dessert and it was plenty. I got the Lamb Chop (which turns out is 2 lamb chops) and the Spinach Gratin. Both were excellent, but let me tell you. Spinach should ALWAYS taste that good. It was awesome!
There were about 7 dessert options and all looked great. I was torn between the Chocolate Pot de Caramel or the Lemon Wedding Cake. I ended up getting the cake which was absolutely amazing. The waitress told me it is a favorite, and I understand why. I am in town for a few nights and I plan to go back to try some of the other Tapas menu items.
It is so great to find such a modern and hip restaurant in such a small town. I sing Rouge's praises and highly recommend!

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect Ending”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We reserved the back dinner room at Rouge for a group of 11. I called and left a message regarding my food allergies and they called back within ten minutes to give me assurance they could accommodate my allergies. Cocktails, food and service were excellent. It was the perfect ending for our week long writer's retreat.

• Visited May 2014
Valatie, New York
“So good, So cool....,So Foodie!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

OK...,You walk in and there is already something to be said....,"This is different"?!?
Decor is eclectic retro with some odds and sods thrown in. Color pattern(s) are unusual in a good way. The staff is friendly and courteous. I would have to say this is our favorite Berkshire Restaurant.
The menu is amazing...,without being overbearing. Last time were in we had the Grilled Striped Bass (moist and delicious) with sauteed mixed vege's (cooked perfect), jasmine rice with a roasted beet salad covered in lemon vinagrette and truffle oil. Anyway, if I didn't describe that right, it doesn't matter. We have never had a meal there that wasn't 4 to 5 stars!
Yes, it is just that good. One of the best in the area without question. Rouge just gets it right when it comes to fantastic cuisine. C & C - Valatie, NY

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Excellent food, service and grownup ambiance. Both the regular and the Tapas menu, especially the pulled pork, the duck, and calamari!!

• Visited March 2014