“Short, very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Shaker Mill Inn to your Saves list
Shaker Mill Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   7 Albany Road, Oak Street, West Stockbridge, MA 01266   |
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Short, very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a couple nights here and enjoyed every moment. The Greylock suite was like having an apartment. They literally have everything you would need to be comfortable. Yes, the pillows were a little hard, but that is a small quibble. Very fair price for a really wonderful spot. Be sure to go to Rouge, walking distance from the inn.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mouth of Wilson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a great get together here last week with sisters from around the country. The location was very easy to get to from 90 yet quiet and walking distance from restaurants and store. Bob was very friendly and set us up with some enjoyable hikes to go on.We had campfires at night in the yard with the full moon. Everything in the rooms were clean and comfortable,felt like home.If you stay, walk in to the Vietnamese restaurant in town for an enjoyable time. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed in the Tanglewood room and it was even better than I expected. Plenty of room, plenty of amenities, great price. I was traveling with my dogs for a dog agility show. Upon arriving, no one was in the office, but the owners left me a note detailing my reservation and information to know about the Inn and the room. In the confirmation email, it had stated there may not be anyone in the office when I arrived, and if that was the case, my room would be left open with the key inside. And that is exactly what happened, and was totally convenient. As I was unpacking my car, Bob (the owner) came down and pointed out a few things in the room and let me know to call him if I have any questions. Later on, I met Bob's wife Mary, and she recommended a few restaurants to go to and we chatted about our dogs. Bob and Mary are very pleasant people and want to make sure you have everything you need so that your stay in comfortable.
The room had everything I needed and more. I loved the little bone basket they left with the doggie goodies. The kitchenette was convenient for my dogs' food. The TV had all the channels you need. The bed was very comfortable. There were bathrobes, an iron and board, coffee, tea and hot cocoa, a microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware, shampoo and body wash in the shower, hair spray, hair dryer. They really did think of everything.
I absolutely will be back to this place if I am in the area again for a dog show, or any other reason. It was just lovely. A real highlight of the weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had an amazing time in the Berkshires at The Shaker Mill Inn. The rooms were homey and extremely clean. They stock the fridge and room the day before with breakfast for the next day, which were delish! The property was beautiful and the owners were lovely! Will be back!

Stayed May 2014
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wonderful spot. Quaint and peaceful - great hospitality. We weren't bothered at all and breakfast was delightful. It was a half way point for a quick girls weekend and easy to get to and accessible from 90. Great food choices within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our one-night stay in the "honeymoon suite" was all too brief! The bed and linens were very comfortable, the room is roomy, the jacuzzi and gas fireplace were delightful, and the access to the back patio is great. We appreciated the ample supply of towels, and the kitchenette was well stocked, with coffees, teas, cocoa, honey, milk, orange juice and just about anything else you could think of (scissors! corkscrew! tin foil!). The pastries and quiche that were left for us were pretty good--not quite the same as a cooked breakfast, but very decent. Our only concern was with several places in the unit where the floor is uneven: there are a few steps here and there, and places where the hardwood meets tile. We just had to be careful in the unfamiliar setting.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were greeted by the owner who put us at ease and made us feel comfortable right away. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay . Shaker Mill Inn is near the top of the list .We were going to take our dog , but at last minute left him home . They were all prepared for him . One thing we did enjoy was breakfast was waiting in the room . You just got up heated it up. Quiche was very good . Also oatmeal , scones , croissants , among the choices . The town of West Stockbridge is within walking distant .Quaint and enjoyable walk around town . As I said very relaxing . Thank you Bob & Mary .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shaker Mill Inn? Share your experiences!