“All positives - will stay again without hesitation” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 West Springfield / Route 5
1500 Riverdale Street, West Springfield, MA 01089-4640   |
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in West Springfield
Waimea, Hawaii
“All positives - will stay again without hesitation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Unfortunately a few badly managed or poorly located Super 8's can effect this Hotel chain's reputation - it is nice to see that this one surpassed all of my expectaions. Safe, well located, well managed and visitor friendly, I will stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
East Winthrop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

After reading some previous reviews I was dubious and prepared to bail out of a three-night reservation if the place turned out to be a dump. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the Hilton or the Marriot but, hey, it's a decent place to stay at a decent price. The desk clerks (several different ones during the course of my stay) were courteous and helpful. The breakfast offerings weren't outstanding, but the price (free) was right, and their coffee dispenser which brews one cup at a time does an unusually good job...and appears to be available 24/7 for those who want a cup at odd hours. I'd definitely stay there again if heading for that area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
NHGrand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed at this Super 8 on business during the Big E. I requested a non-smoking room, however, when I arrived, the room reeked of cigarettes. There was a cigarette burn in the bed spread and a burn mark on the side of the tub in the bathroom. When I put my things down on the chair, I realized that there was a substance (looked like sugar) that had not been vacuumed up from the previous guest. I got on my phone to find another hotel room, but because it was Big E, there wasn't one to be found and I was forced to stay. The hallways smelled atrocious -- I would never recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Schenectady, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I have never reviewed any hotel in my life even though I have to use them regularly for 25 years now. I was compelled to review this one. I am used to staying in average hotels, but this hotel was filthy and it smelled of smoke, pets and just plain unleanliness. I traveled with family and colleagues and we had more than 5 rooms. None were clean and only one didn't smell disgusting. The worst one smelled of urine and pets (I assume). In my room the sheets were dirty, the rug was stained and there were dead insects (I'm glad they were dead) of the bathroom floor. The air conditioning worked, but it smelled so bad, that I emptied a can of lysol into it and it did not help. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the staff was pleasant. DO NOT STAY HERE unless it gets a major overhaul and cleaning....gross.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Do yourself a favor avoid this Motel. It was unclean & breakfast was unpleasant to say the least. We have traveled in The USA for 7 weeks & advise that you should drive past this motel, There are same rate motels 1 mile further up the road just past Hooters. The beds had not been changed and consisted of oily head pillows with hair along with the previous persons mucus on the bed cover. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly & the towels were to be desired. For A$80- you get bed bugs included at no extra charge..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We went for 1 night, all we needed was the basics. A clean room to sleep in, going to a concert, etc. Okay, 2 dbl beds, smoking room. The entire first floor hallway and room smelled so bad of old steal cigarette smoke and bar room smell, I was horrified. The hotel was full for the Big E (surprised, really), so no chance to move. Our blankets had burn holes in them, the floors and room overall was filthy. I was freaked out and very disappointed. I sprayed lysol and room freshener. Nothing can fix it. yuck.
I was so embarrassed to have made the reservations there. We wanted cheap but clean. Not a lot to ask. Very Frightening. Spend a few more dollars for a clean and comfortable nights sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The hotel is very reasonably priced and quiet. Do not ask for an extra pillow because they have none. Breakfast in am is sufficient. The rooms are small and they have the strangest layout to get to the second floor. I don't think if the locaton wasn't convenient and we were tired that we would have stayed there. Did appreciate the fact they had non-smoking rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 West Springfield / Route 5? Share your experiences!