We had to stay this far out from Amherst although we booked months before. There was a graduation and alumnae reunion at the local colleges. All the local motels were booked up or way over priced for the same type of hotel but at least better area. As a result there are were not a lot of options. As we were out that way for my son's camp at UMASS we just needed something to spend 2 nights. I should have only booked one an got up with the whole family at the crack of dawn to drive out to Western MASS. There was some very late night check in the room next door and there was an awful man swearing & yelling. This person sounded like a Ghansta from Pulp Fiction.
They literally sounded like they were working a drug deal and my husband and I were awaiting some gun fire next. I was considering calling the cops but I've probably seen too many movies and envisioned ourselves in the cross fire. We called the front desk and it did get quiet after, although I heard they moved their room and that is why I did hear him later at a lower level.
We asked to get moved and they moved us downstairs near the exit. I spent as much time away from this place as possible the 2nd day. Compensating for the lack of sleep we all had the prior night would have been good business. The breakfast could defnitely use to be spruced up but we didn't expect much for this type of place. We just want to feel safe when travelling with our family. They should seriously consider implenting security and be on speed dial with the SWAT team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn is located on the Connecticut River just two miles from downtown Springfield. The location makes it easy to get to local destinations since we're located near the intersection of I-91 and I-90, less than 30 minutes from Bradley International Airport. The hotel's setting in West Springfield, MA is perfect for business travelers. Guests staying at the hotel have access to multiple large businesses like MassMutual Life Insurance Company, Smith & Wesson(R) and Baystate Health. If leisure is the reason for your stay, the hotel's location near Six Flags(R) New England, one of the largest theme parks in the region, is just five miles away. The Basketball Hall of Fame also calls Springfield, MA home. The hotel's property is three miles radius to the MassMutual Center, which hosts many concerts and events. Eastern States Exposition is nearby which features horse shows, trade shows like EASTEC(R), and "The Big E." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn West Springfield Hotel West Springfield
- Days Inn West Springfield Ma