“Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

But that's not all, Memo's has great service. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The servings are generous and reasonably priced. There are even gluten free items available. I have been there for lunch several times and recently hired them to cater a party on a Friday evening in their space. Speaking of their space, it is lovely and spacious.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Berkshires
“Great service and kid friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Took my 2 yr old grandson in and the waitresses were very nice and accommodating and the food matched the service. If you have a toddler this is the place to go and the portions were both large and priced very reasonably

Nice job Staff!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Not one complaint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went to this place late Saturday in the AM and they were able to sit a party of 6 in minutes. Not because they were not busy,. but because there was plenty of space and plenty of help. Excellent service: As soon as we sat down we had 3 different waitresses catering to our needs. One was pouring the coffee, one was taking orders and one was telling us about how her grandmother loves the Bruins. What friendly and helpful young women! Excellent Food: I ordered a veggie omelet which was huge and packed with fresh vegetables. Home fries were delicious (simple with no added spices), and eggs benny looked delicious as well. Prices: Very reasonable. Loved this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“best breakfast around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

recently brought a friend to Memo's for breakfast on a sunday, so delicious!
recommendations for travelers: 1) go early . if you go around 11/12 on a weekend be prepared to wait
2) do not go with a large group, you will have a wait long for a table
3) get the meatlovers omelet! delicious
4) also get the fresh squeezed orange juice!!!
worth the wait for a great breakfast

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Hit or Miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were fast on our way to becoming regulars at Memo's, but our most recent visit will likely be our last. My partner and I came in around 11:00 am on a Monday. We were immediately taken to a table in the section furthest from the door (has a view of the kitchen which I generally enjoy). No one else was seated in this section. After browsing the menu and deciding what to order, no one had come by to take drink orders, let us know they'd be with us soon, nothing. Normally it takes me a pretty decent chunk of time to decide what I want at any restaurant, and breakfast spots are no exception. This is a solid 5 minute process, minimum. So upon making our decisions, we waited a few more minutes, then flagged down the same host who had taken us to our table when it was clear no one was coming our way. We asked her if there was someone who could take our drink order. Appearing frazzled despite a moderately busy floor, she looked around and said she'd send someone over as soon as she sat another table that had just walked in.

At this point, my partner and I had probably been in the restaurant for a total of 10 minutes. When the hostess turned around to seat the next table, we decided to leave and try another breakfast restaurant we had found on a quick Google search during our wait. As we left, we passed the same hostess who was now seating the next table. She saw us leave, but no one stopped us on our way out.

Call me crazy, but I think it's usually best to make sure existing tables have been taken care of (or at least acknowledged) before adding more to the servers' sections. (It's been a few years, but I hosted tables at one point. I also grew up in a food-service family. I know what's reasonable and what isn't.)

Hopefully some new breakfast options open up in the Sprinfield area. Until our last visit to Memo's the food was somewhat reliably good, but it wasn't ever something to write home about (i.e. some days the pancakes aren't cooked through if the cook on that part of the line is rushing, but they have fresh squeezed juice which is a big plus in my book). It would just be nice to have somewhere to go where we can get a good cup of coffee, interact with a friendly server, and enjoy quality (preferably locally sourced) breakfast options without going up to Northampton or Amherst.

• Visited July 2013