“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PLACE FOR A PARTY!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in West Springfield
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PLACE FOR A PARTY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our annual family Christmas party was held at the Clarion. Most of the family stayed the night and were very happy with the accommodations. The children had a ball in the water park, and so did the adults! The banquet room which we rented was the perfect size, with plenty of room for all 45 of us, and a beautiful Christmas tree. Stefany and all the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We couldn't be more pleased, and will happily hold our family get-togethers here in the future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

I went to a paint and drink class in the bar at this hotel. It was an absolute blast and the service was great. The waitresses were very friendly and prompt. I didn't actually stay the night, but the bathrooms were very nice on the first floor. All of the workers seemed very friendly and it was a great environment.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Winchendon, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

we arrived Nov. 14th 2014. room was clean, bed's made nice, the room was a little cool , we adjusted the temp. my niece noticed the time had not yet been changed on the clock's . We got settled in , that was the beginning of a sleepless night once the heater reached the set temp. the fan CLICKED on and off every 7 seconds .My bed was like sleeping on the side of MT.Everest , then about 3 am the smoke detector start's to churp ! now we have a symphony , CLICK,CLICK,CHURP ,CLICK,CLICK CHURP!!! But the most annoying was the lack of concern about our stay from the front desk.never asked how our stay was ? and when i told her about the issue's with the room , her response was ya some one else said the same thing i'll have someone check it out. turned her back ,picked up a communicator and started to talk never said i'm sorry .or even thank-you have a nice day.. we have stayed here in the past but this will be the last time..

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

There are so many things that went wrong at this hotel that I'll just hit the highlights. At check in I was asked to sign a statement saying I authorized a 12.74% tax, I had already paid for the room on Travelocity and when I questioned this I was told (by the manager) that it was just to show I accepted responsibility for the room and that I wouldn't actually be charged. I told her it made no sense for me to sign that and just hope I didn't charged based on her word. She was pretty rude and condescending, and I didn't sign it. The first room I was assigned had bugs (dead and alive) all through it. The toilet paper on the roll was damp and the curtains were stained with something brown. I requested a different room and received an "upgraded" one since they were out of king rooms. This was one of the newly renovated rooms. One of the beds had sheets stained with something pink and the toilet was not flushed. The final straw was the a/c that dripped so loudly it woke me up repeatedly throughout the night. I finally gave up and checked out around 6 am. I spent about 10 hours total here, I would have been better off sleeping in my car. Of course neither the hotel or the headquarters will respond to my emails regarding my stay. If you find yourself anywhere near this hotel, turn around and run...don't even look back!!!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, request one of the renovated room and hit the bar for a couple hours befor...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Cresco, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was old in the area we were located, but it was still clean. The faucet didn't work that great, but it worked. The breakfast was amazing. The staff was very friendly, especially Krystal in the mornings and Rose on the overnight shifts.

I was here for work, so did not get a chance to enjoy the watermark, but it looked like fun and I saw several families playing and swimming.

I did not go to the bar area, but heard from other travelers that they had a good "bar" menu. It was not too loud or rowdy.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the first section, if you want to have easy access to the restaurant, coffee etc. W...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT THE BACK BUILDING ONLY - The front buildings had been renovated and seemed nice.

The front of this building is a hotel with a built-in water park, which was not in use during the week because it was off-season. We stayed in the back building, which was apparently was dedicated for business travelers. My husband stayed here for 19 nights while he was working the "Big E," a fair and consumer show. He and many of the other vendors were staying at this hotel, because it was convenient to the vendor parking and entrance to the venue.

I was stunned when we pulled up to the rear building of this hotel, where my husband's room was located. While the front buildings of this property were renovated and looked modern, the rear building looked as if it had no attention or maintenance since the 1980's. The windows were old, moldy and had drafts. The carpet was rough, to say the least, and the floor had more humps and lumps than a camel with the measles. The bathroom would have been all right in 1985, but that was a long time ago.

Our room, and the rooms of the other vendors I spoke with, all had musty air conditioners, and the free fridge I had in college was nicer than the one in the room. The bed was decent, but the pillows were dirty and smelly. The duvet was clean and white. The flat screen TV worked, but I had to program several basic cable channels into the remote control.

The other amenities were decent. The breakfast buffet included with the room was very well stocked, especially since considering that all the vendors came in together and left together, with many clutching coffee for the road. Kathy in the breakfast room couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful, and the third star is only because of her. The pool was closed while I was there (mid-week)

I am really surprised that this hotel treated business travelers so shabbily. This was a group of people who didn't party, didn't do anything to trash rooms (since they all worked at least 12 hours/day at the show), and only wanted to sleep, shower and have breakfast; yet the hotel decided to relegate them to the back building with the broken tarmac and lack of security lighting, instead of the newly renovated front buildings. I was surprised to see the hotel treat a group of people buying 400+ room nights treated so shabbily.

If you can get a room in the front of the hotel, this place might be worth a shot, otherwise, forget it.

Room Tip: Get a room in the first three buildings. Otherwise, stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I'll start with the good. Bed was comfortable. Linens were clean with no stains. Bath was clean with no bad odors. Flat screen worked well with 40 + channels. A/C worked well, but a bit noisy.
Now the bad. Girl at front desk was a bit rude and argumentative. My room was at rear of hotel with the entrance door not locking, making me lose any sense of security. Hallway carpets were stained. Only one of the two keys given to me worked. Getting to the hotel is a pain if not on the right side of highway, otherwise be prepared to drive a cpl blocks up and bang a u'bee. I've been to worse hotels, but not many.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!