“Classic lunch joint” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Classic lunch joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I come here occasionally when I am in the area for some event that last through lunch. Food is always good and fast. Been coming here for years a couple times a year.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Richard's Grinders- How I remember back 20 years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Yes, 20 years ago , in the 1980's, when we lived like there was no tomorrow, one place stands out in exceptional taste, Richards. Went there quite often but as time went thru the 90's and the fact ,I moved away , I lost track but only temporarily. Made a special trip recently, I went back to see if tradition still stands. Their grinders are above all others in taste and low prices, YES, I said, Low Prices. There is NO way Subway and it's turkey based frame of mind can beat them, even at 5 dollars and what a scam that was. Hands down Richard's has them all beat, the taste , just like 20 years ago, I remember well. They also have a full menu of other items but as far as a real good grinder stands, this is it. Behind counter service is quick and exact. Whether take out or dine in, a small place it be but their grinders beat the competition hands down.You walk out full and satisfied while your wallet doesn't leave empty, especially now when prices elsewhere are ridiculous The wife and I will definitely return again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Service with a Smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I get lunch here maybe 15 days a month; everyone hustles, but is still polite. Hot things are hot, cold things cold. Salads are huge!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Called in to grinders for lunch, their Westfield location. A turkey club and a cold cut. Both toasted. I get there, they told me they don't toast gringers any more because there is not enough room on the grill. What??? Ok, so why did the person on the phone ask if I would like it toasted? I guess the didn't tell her. So toast mine this time, and next time I would have ordered something I did not expect to be toasted. If I wanted a cold sandwich, I would have made one at home. I will go to subway next time. They have room in their ovens. Could have been handled a lot differently and kept me as a customer. What grinder place doesn't toast their sandwich's. Oh well...

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Top 3 place to get a sandwich in western Mass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. I work on the road and get excited when I know I can stop here to eat. It's that good. I usually get the turkey club. As soon as u walk in its bright and clean. They never have a line but are always busy. As soon as u order they have enough staff to to start on it right away. I would say the walk in to walk out time is about five minutes, always fast. Sandwich is huge and they have fresh salads Pre packed every day all of them are good usually it cost around ten dollars for the meal with a drink and i have not been dissapointed yet. I would say the worst part a out it is the location it's kind of set back from the road with a small sign. People who have not heard of it are really missing out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere