This is by no means an attempt to seriously downgrade the Candlewood Suites but rather an effort to help other travelers put this hotel in proper perspective. When we first went looking to reserve a room in West Springfield I believe this hotel was rated second (now it appears to be fifth) and after our first night there I couldn't understand why. I ended up concluding it must be because of the differing needs of those who had reviewed the hotel. And in that regard, the most pertinent factor may be that this hotel tends to cater to those staying longer periods of time. We were only there a total of five nights and as a result the hotel's procedure of cleaning the rooms just once a week didn't bode well with us. Nor did our having to each night carry our old towels down to the front desk to exchange them for clean one. You see, we got back to the hotel rather late each day after a hard day's work. And their not more regularly maintaining the room also led to our coming back one night only to find an obnoxious smell emanating from the bathroom, likely through the vents, and after we told them about it they did indeed take steps to alleviate the situation but again their not regularly visiting the room resulted in our finding the room in similar condition (if not as serious) on subsequent nights. And getting back each night so late led us to end up simply enduring the situation rather than trying to correct it. Similarly, none of the clocks in the room had the correct time. We could have readily changed them (instead of ignoring them) but would have felt a little odd also correcting the one in the lobby near the elevator. And while it's likely our own fault we didn't know they don't offer breakfast each morning there's probably no way we could have known how irregularly they appear to stock the food in their store. So for those staying shorter periods of time and appreciating more attentive oversight of accommodations, this hotel doesn't appear the most appropriate selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Hotel-West Springfield is conveniently located in Western Massachusetts at the crossroads I-91 and I-90 (Mass Pike). We are an all suite, extended stay hotel. Whether you are relocating or undergoing a construction project, and are looking for temporary lodging, we are the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate housing apartment. We offer a completely equipped full kitchen with microwave, stove top, dishwasher, disposal and a full size refrigerator with ice maker. Room amenities include coffee maker, iron with ironing board, hairdryer, clock radio, CD/DVD player and a 32 inch flat screen TV with 5 movie channels including HBO and Showtime, over-sized executive desk with free high-speed wire and wireless Internet access and two separate phone lines with voicemail. Borrow your favorites from our free DVD hotel library. Work off some stress in our complimentary nautilus center, then take a dip in our indoor pool or Jacuzzi. Enjoy the outdoors in our Gazebo with gas grill. To curb those late night cravings, visit the Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase food and sundry items at value prices. Take advantage of our on site complimentary laundry facility. We are a pet friendly hotel. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the West Springfield/Springfield area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Hotel West Springfield
- Candlewood Suites West Springfield
- Candlewood West Springfield
- West Springfield Candlewood Suites