I traveled to the Springfield area and this was not my first or second choice, but due to the Westover air show and Michelle Obama visiting the Basketball hall of fame at the same time put a crunch on hotel rooms available in the area.
This hotel is more geared for the extended stay travelers.
My room was clean.
The have 24 hour snacks and drinks available near the lobby at reasonable prices.
Full size refrigerator, but didn't really utilize it to keep my couple of drinks cold.
Microwave and small sink.
Free laundry facility (washer and dryers)
The elevator and halls smelled like heavy cigarette smoke... terrible!
People leave their trash in the stairwell containers on each floor and the smell is disgusting.
The shower nozzle feels like needles trying to pierce your skin and cannot be adjusted.
They allow pets to stay in the room... WTF! Who wants to be in a room after a dog has been in it? I don't care how much they clean.
The room temperature wouldn't stay consistent... either it was too cold or too hot.
They only clean your room once a week. Which they fail to tell you when you check in.
Wouldn't stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Hotel West Springfield
- Candlewood Hotel
- Candlewood Suites West Springfield
- Candlewood West Springfield
- West Springfield Candlewood
- West Springfield Candlewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Hotel-West Springfield is conveniently located in Western Massachusetts at the crossroads I-91 and I-90 (Mass Pike). We are an all suite, extended stay hotel. Whether you are relocating or undergoing a construction project, and are looking for temporary lodging, we are the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate housing apartment. We offer a completely equipped full kitchen with microwave, stove top, dishwasher, disposal and a full size refrigerator with ice maker. Room amenities include coffee maker, iron with ironing board, hairdryer, clock radio, CD/DVD player and a 32 inch flat screen TV with 5 movie channels including HBO and Showtime, over-sized executive desk with free high-speed wire and wireless Internet access and two separate phone lines with voicemail. Borrow your favorites from our free DVD hotel library. Work off some stress in our complimentary nautilus center, then take a dip in our indoor pool or Jacuzzi. Enjoy the outdoors in our Gazebo with gas grill. To curb those late night cravings, visit the Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase food and sundry items at value prices. Take advantage of our on site complimentary laundry facility. We are a pet friendly hotel. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the West Springfield/Springfield area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Candlewood Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.