“BEST OF W. SPRINGFIELD!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in West Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“BEST OF W. SPRINGFIELD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Let's start with the staff, the heart of a hotel....they were all GREAT! Friendly, professional, and they understand Customer Service! Kudos to them.

Quiet and well appointed suite. If you travel with someone who snores you certainly appreciate your own room! This hotel is a smaller, quieter spot, but unbeatable proximity to The Eastern States Expo Center.

We have already booked for next year... Thank you one and all at The Canlewood Suites!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cumberland Center, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here on Saturday (11/5) after driving 2 ½ hours in an unexpected fall snow storm. The staff was warm & welcoming upon my arrival and shared that should the power go out, they had a generator. The power did indeed go out and the generator wasn’t functioning by the time I awoke at 5am. I checked out (verbally) and after 45 minutes of digging my car out of the heavy wet snow, I was on my way with no driving difficulties. The room was equipped with a mini kitchen and would have been a nice addition for a longer stay. The staff upon checking in and in checking out was sincerely friendly and helpful, despite the weather conditions – which certainly was out of their control. This wasn’t my favorite experience, but the staff made all the difference in their positive outlook.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I went to this candlewood suite early october 2011 with my husband and two children and had a wonderful timethe always smiling staff were friendly and very cooperative and i must commend them for dealing with my children because they are a handful they had so much fun in the pool while my husband was able to continue his daily workout in the Gym provided there, the front desk personel was very warm and inviting and very helpful she had information forthcoming the instant we ran to her as we were in Mass for the first time, the hotel was clean and had a fresh welcoming smell the rooms were well kept very neat place i would recommend anyone to visit the this hotel GREAT RELAXING GETAWAY!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel due to a family emergency in October 2011. The front desk staff was excellent. They were very helpful in getting us into a room during a very stressful family emergency situation. The quality of the rooms is excellent. Very modern with great connectivity, appliances, layout and very clean. The beds are comfortable, clean with great pillows for a good night sleep. This is an all suites property so the rooms have great kitchenettes if you want to stay in your room to eat. The hotel staff was all very helpful. This is an excellent location and if you forget something there is a convenient store inside the lobby to help with most essential needs. The front desk team was very helpful, friendly and welcoming. I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I made a reservation a month in advance for a smoking room for 2 nights. 3 days before my coming, I recieved a confirmation e-mail. It was a business trip and I was very pressed on time as I had a very important phone appointment. I arrived about 15 minutes before that and a desk attendant informed me that they have no available smoking rooms He could not tell me why I was not notified and he could only offer me what was available at that time. When I asked for a manager, he refused to call her, saying that she is not going to tell me anything different. But as I insisted, he did call her and because she was in the room right next to the front desk, she already has heard our conversation. She could not either give me any answers to my questions, but she suggested, I could walk outside.to smoke. Considering, I'm 65, disabled and use a walker, I found that suggestion outrageous. She did give me the room on the 1st floor (non-smoking floor) with an understanding that I can smoke.
Needless to say, I was late for my phone appointment, was very upset and uncomfortable through the whole stay (lucky enough I arrived at 4:11 pm on 8/31/2011 and left at 4:45 am on 9/2/11 for my flight) because I really do respect the people's choice of choosing a non-smoking section. I wish I had the time to change the hotel. On 9/1/11, I actually, left the room around 8:30am and came back at 9pm. I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone else. Do not know the name, but the night desk attendant at my leaving was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Room 124 had a pungent smell that was hard to get by. Moved to room 141. smelled like cherries until the deodorizer wore off. Then it just smelled. The carpet felt grimy on my feet. The worst part was the pool. My boys jumped in and within minutes they came out crying because their eyes were burning. We had to flush them for 15 minutes. The front desk staff was the only bright spot.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I had stayed there before and now going there with my wife and teenage stepson to visit my parents, this hotel was the logical choice. It is very conveniently located with plentiful off street parking. The suite was as described and very clean with plentiful towels and supplies.
The staff at the front desk was super friendly and nice. The only problem with the entire stay was that there was a problem with the pool which didn't get fixed until the end of our visit. They did give me a bit of a discount for the lack of the pool. Considering that we were using this as a base of operations instead of the destination, that was a minor inconvenience. The next time I come to the area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Call and describe your requirements to ensure you choose the right room.