“great experience on a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield

You added Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1254 Riverdale Street, I-91 at Riverdale Street, Exit #13-A, West Springfield, MA 01089   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in West Springfield
New York
“great experience on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The motel was exceptionally clean with a very friendly and accommodating staff. We had a dog with us and the facilities and location were perfect. There was a very nice restaurant across the parking lot so we didn't have to leave the dog in the car while we ate. There was no problem with an early check-in, and all-in-all we had a very pleasant experience for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
new York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during Equine Affaire at the Big E. The room was small, but esentially clean and neat. We were able to park close to the room (they all have outside entrances) to get in and out easily. We were surprised to find an older hotel looking clean and re-furbished. We will stay here again in the future. The only down side was they were out of rooms for the "discount price" offered with the equine affaire discount code and $99 a night is a lot for a 2 star hotel. If you are just looking for a clean place to sleep- this is it.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — price could have been better
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madbury New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I have stayed here...this is my 3rd time in a year. Each time I stay for 5 days during Brimfield. I booked my reservation last year....and was quoted 63++ a night, but I got here and they let me have it for less after I asked since the sign said 59 a night out front. They have a new "business king" room which includes a microwave, a mini-fridge, and wireless internet....I think thats a pretty good deal these days. My room was clean, that staff unbelieveably friendly, and just plain a good value overall. I read a few other problems about cleanliness and there could be a "stale" smell....so I asked the front desk and even though this was remodeled not too long ago...they are re-doing it again. Also they are putting in all flat-panels due to analog t.v. going bye bye...which is good because my Grandma had one of these t.v.'s in the mid-90's....she was in her mid-90s too....LOL. There are lots of options food-wise....the Bsharas did away with their discount and I think I lucked out because I just eat one thing there that for sure is worth eating....their fried fish....it is A1...other than that I cannot say. The Mexican place is good next door too. You can also bring a small pet....which is how I started staying at RedRoof's. I can only say good things about RedRoof....it isnt the Ritz-Carlton, but I will keep the bucks and for the money....its tough to beat.

• Liked — All around value.....free internet now...
  • Disliked — Road to it needs re-paving...somewhat stale air in room at first.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

The hotel was renovated with the newly decorated Red Roof Inn decor. It looked nice, a little small but it was fine. The bedding had hairs in it like it hadn't been changed and the shower curtain had a huge snotball the size of a quarter. The room obviously wasn't cleaned. I complained to the front desk and the man at the desk just said "oh sorry", never offered any refund or anything. I called the Red Roof Inn corporate headquarters and a nice lady was very apologetic and offered a refund but in the end sent a voucher for a free stay. I know it may have been a fluke but I won't stay at Red Roof anymore- not even with a FREE voucher.

• Liked — Newly designed interior
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

The clerk at the counter was VERY pleasant, even at 1am.
The room was VERY clean, the bed was comfortable, didnt feel like I needed to shower after sleeping in the bed, ect ect ect.
only problem i had was with the tv! (couldnt get the remote to go to actual channel #s, had to use up/down buttons)

My only real disapointment was that i didnt get a chance to check out the mexican restaurant next door.

All in all, was a very nice place to stop over at!

• Liked — The pleasant attitude of the clerk at the front desk.
  • Disliked — the TV
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cape cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. the hotel is very clean and the bed was great. the check in and out was quick and easy.
Lots of places to eat with in a couple of quick minutes in the car. would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

My friends and I stayed here 2 nights during the Big E. Overall, for the price ($80 per night) it was OK. The main reason we picked Red Rood was that its 1 of 5 hotels the Big E shuttle stops at--and our first 2 choices were booked full.

CLEANLINESS: The rooms appeared to be clean. There were a few gnats and a fly or 2 buzzing around our room. All 3 rooms we had booked had a bit of a stink to them--mostly stale cigarettes (all non-smoking rooms). And at least one person in every room complained about allergy-type problems the next morning (symptoms cleared after leaving the room),. We're convinved its due to the dirty a/c units each room had--which also contributed to the stink.

STAFF: No problems. No rude staff, even a few friendly hellos. I did try calling the front desk at 9am--no answer after 10-15 rings. Thats the only negative experience.

AREA: A sign in the lobby mentioned a problem with recent car break-ins. This isn't exactly a wam, welcoming area. But, what $80, right off the highway hotel is?

There are a ton of hotels and food options within 2 miles of the Red Roof. There are 3 restaurants adjacent to the hotel. We had drinks at "On The Border" a chain Mexican-themed place. I would NOT recommend Bickfords or B'Sharas (we had breakfast at both). Both places were extremely unorganized and the food was barely acceptable.

BIG E: The front desk will tell you to wait it front of Bickfords for the shuttle. Bickfords has a big half/circle driveway--you'd think the shuttle would pull right in there. THEY DON'T. You need to be waiting on the sidewalk next to the sign for the city buss. Otherwise, the shuttle will drive right past you.

So, for $80 on a weekend during the Big E--it was ok. I wouldn't mind staying there again if I had to. But, I'd definatly plan early next time and try to avoid Red Roof,

• Liked — The Big E shuttle stops here.
  • Disliked — Located on a freary section of Riverdale St.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!