“Quick overnight stay to break up a long drive” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in West Springfield
San Jose, California
“Quick overnight stay to break up a long drive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I chose this hotel based on price and on reviews from tripadvisor. However, I would not stay here again. It was clean, but so so old and tired and the breakfast was substandard (although the coffee was good). It was very cheap, but for me personally, I think I would spend the extra 15 bucks a night to get something one step up from this place. Also, the lobby smelled like Indian food (which I love, but I would prefer a neutral smell as my first impression, unless I am in a restaurant).

Room Tip: They are all right off the parking lot
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Other reviewers pretty much nailed it.... this is a fine alternative to the $200-400 a night place to stay in the area, especially during the busy graduation period in late May. Its around a 20-minute drive to the 5-college campuses from the place, which is at the first I91 exit near the very north end of the Springfield area. At around $65/night: Clean, nice bed, small wimpy shower with plenty of hot water, free HBO on the antique TV and a not very good continental breakfast all fit within my scaled down expectations. Not a place you really want to hang out much at but perfectly adequate to sleep and shower for a few nights when you consider the cost.

Room Tip: If you like a hearty breakfast, plan on heading somewhere else and skipping the included continental...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bhavna B, Owner at Travelodge West Springfield, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our Travelodge in West Srpingfield, MA. We do our best to provide the best value and service to all of our customers. We use our customers comments to gage our value and service to our customers. Please consider us for any future travels in our area.
Pincourt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was travelling in the area on business and as always, my most important criteria was that the room was clean, and it really was. Absolutely no complaints, even stayed an extra day. Would recommend, can't go wrong for that price!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Greeted at front desk by woman who was very sweet and friendly. Room seemed clean and the location was right off of the highway. As a solo female traveler I felt very safe. Could park right in front of the room. Breakfast was simple but there was fresh fruit and cute mini honey buns. Free HBO. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because the bathroom/shower was extremely small and the tub had a difficult time draining. By the time I was done with my shower, water had accumulated around my ankles. But overall, great value and I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've never had a bad stay at Travelodge. This business trip I needed a quiet, clean and organized place to stay for two nights. The manager was efficient and sweet, offering comments about area facilities for fun and food. The cost was ideally low and the continental breakfast (one never expects much) was above average. I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Location is good. At first glance -seems ok. But then found used bar of soap still in the shower and pub. hairs on the towel! Could also tell the floor had not been vacuumed (atleast not well) They also had not set the clocks back -from a week ago.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mundelein, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from the east coast. Overall the experience was good. The hotel appears just a little run down and the rooms outdated but to us, that did not matter too much. I have to admot we had a good chuckle at the tiny bathtub/shower but it worked just fine! The bed was probably the MOST comfortable that we had on our trip and we were gone for about 7-8 days. The breakfast was OK, nothing too special. For the area, this hotel was a good deal. The rooms were comfy and the staff was very nice. The price was right, as other hotels in this area were very expensive. I would stay here again if traveling this way in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge West Springfield? Share your experiences!