“Very good sushi!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Boston
“Very good sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the other reviewers must have had a bad night, for the sushi was fantastic and unusual. Get the "Amanda Roll", awesome, and their Thai Lemon grass/basil soup, so good. Sushi Chefs very freindly and speak very well. It was a fun night at the sushi bar!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Different and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Ok the Hibachi is neat especiall for our 10yr old son, and fun to see. Best part is that you get Hot food, great. Yes portions large, lots of leftovers. We went on reviews and had the Filet-great meat-and I scallops, crisp and nice. Problem was the heavy hand with the asuces especially Soy. Way too much on meat, vegtables--fresh and good tasting- and especially the rice. NOT needed, when you go visit be sure and remember. Nice longer meal and you can find coupons online. Not very many people you really should not need reservations.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
“tokyo is fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

the food is fabulous; i have never had a bad meal when we have gone; the staff know us by name. the service is great. i have never had such wonderful sushi as the way ivan makes it for us. the restaraunt is always spotless, as are the restrooms. i cannot recommend this dining establishment more!!!!!!!!!!! i am a very picky person when it comes to food, and i have NEVER been disappointed at tokyo. i think i have eaten at every place around here, as we eat out alot; and tokyo is number one on my list.........

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States
“Try the Hibachi with cook "Che/Chen/Cheng"!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We went to the one in Springfield (closer to us), because my mother-in-law went to the one in West Springfield with her group and raved how amazing and fun it was for her and her friends.
So me, my fiancee, and her went there.
Shortly after entering the nice restaurant and being greeted, we were seated at a Hibachi table.
The waitress did not speak very good english (still was friendly, though), and the sushi I ordered (spicy tuna roll) wasn't that great. Plus it arrived late, and I had better.
BUT, the chef we got was spectacular, joking very hard with all of us, making us laugh and be very entertained (the second group after got a chef that had a good, if not better skill at tossing and twirling stuff, but wasn't a joker nor an entertainer, seemed like he was just doing his job and not showing off), but ours was definitely awesome, and next time me and my boyfriend do a double date, we would like to have him serve us again. I jmean, who throws broccoli in your face, and after you catch it like some of the other customers, instead of sake being squirted in your mouth, get a baby bottle full of water ALL OVER your face??? LOL
The salad was nice, mushroom soup was so-so (a little salty and unappetzing)
The fried rice wasn't bad, the shrimp was okay, a little on the fishy taste side, my fiancee had the swordfish, which was pretty good, and my mom-in-law had a really good steak. Didn't try her salmon, but it was a big portion. We didn't get the noodles (extra two bucks), but we heard how amazing they were.
Will try again if I feel like some friend veggies and rice and stuff. (personally I'm not much into unhealthy stuff like that, but hey, I'm in for the show!)

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Warren, Massachusetts
“FANTASTIC FOOD & HIGHLY ENTERTAINING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband & two girls went to Tokyo Asian Cuisine last night on a Groupon purchased last week. We've been to a couple Hibachi restaurants, including the Goten in Sunderland, MA, and, mostly recently, Teppan Edo's at Disney's Epcot Center this summer. I have to admit, I didn't expect much except for a mediocre dinner, based on the corner location of a strip-mall in Springfield, and the neon American beer signs in the window...but, we DID have a groupon, and it was my birthday, so I didn't have to cook!
Well, from the second we walked in, we were taken aback by how beautiful and classy the restaurant was, with modern & top-notch materials all around !! The online pictures do NOT do the restaurant justice. We were greeted and attended-to by the entire restaurant staff--maybe because it was a Tuesday and it was slow at that time...but, they worked nicely as a team!
Then the food came....holy smokes! My husband & I ordered the "Honey for 2", which was basically everything--chicken, steak, scallops, shrimp & lobster tail, along with the typical hibachi fare of rice, noodles, veggies, soup & salad. The amount of food could have feed a small country! My husband re-heated some last evening and again for lunch today, and still has some left over! The staff also brought out a piece of cheesecake & sang Happy Birthday, which was very nice of them!
Now let's talk about entertainment...our chef was William. He was highly entertaining and had us in stitches the entire time! He was super talented and very interactive, especially with the kids. He had props & did magic in-between his comedy act. He tossed food into our mouths and flung around his utensils like nunchucks. He also squirted rice wine in the adults mouths from across the grill from a ketchup-style bottle. That was a bit odd, but hysterical to watch!
The prices were very reasonable when you consider the volume of food. Our "for 2" meal was $60, but again, huge amount of food, even for the voracious appetite. You could also choose just chicken, steak, seafood, or a combination of those. They also offered a vegetarian version. The meals prices for hibachi ranged from $17-23; higher for combinations or the two-for deal we had. We also looked at the rest of the menu, and it looked phenomenal, and will definitely return to try a meal besides hibachi. You can check out their menus online.
Overall, we were all very pleased with Tokyo Sushi, and will surely go back!!!

• Visited November 2011