“Duped Me Of Money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Cod Claddagh Inn

Cape Cod Claddagh Inn
You added Cape Cod Claddagh Inn to your Saves list
Cape Cod Claddagh Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   77 Main Street (Route 28), West Harwich, Harwich, MA 02671-0667   |
Ranked #7 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Duped Me Of Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was having Confirmed Booking With Expedia at this place on 5 th July Independence day weekend. Reached there at 9.30 PM in night with my wife. After ringing the door bell for 5-6 times the land lady came and did not even open the door. Was talking from inside door I showed her my reservation she said "I Don't know any Company by name Expedia" I was stunned. I called expedia for problem they tried calling her 7-8 times she did not even received there calls. On top of that she told me before us a Pregnant women came with her child I did not even gave her any room. I called each and every Motel and Bread and Break fat place in 15 Miles Radius all were full. So I have to go back to New Jersey which was a 6 Hrs drive in night I reached home at 7 AM in morning. I had many booking rented a car all was waste and my first long week end with my wife was waste. My wife was so sad she will remember this for rest of her life. I had never seen any lady so rude. Don't even try to book this place really bad people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lakewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went here for New Years Eve. Worst food ever, Raw, bloody prime rib that I asked for Medium, wife's fish was cold and smelled terrible. We left.

Dropped in last week for a quick bite. Still awful. We left again.

There won't be a 3 rd visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

So, as I read many of the other reviews on this B&B we were not the only ones that had a sub par experience. I am not going to repeat everything that was already said (although I could) so please see the points below to get an idea.
- unproffesional
- room was dirty and smelled of hamburgers (dont get me wrong I like a burger but c'mon...)
- Bed was two twins pushed together which was very dissapointing as the notion that it was a king was the only positive thing this place had going for it
- Loud Tiki bar, which is normally no big deal but it was directly under my window. Also, looked more like a VFW than a bar that might be a good time.
- told that breakfast would be served at 930. Building was empty and kitchen was padlocked at 928.
- never saw proprietors again after check in. Almost thankful for that actually.

This place looks WAY better on line than it is in real life. Also, as a side note there was a child playing cards at the bar when we arrived. I am just saying....

Room Tip: Rooms were terrible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Again, read some "bad" reviews before arrival....a little skeptical.....but the place turned out to be just fine. The staff there were great.....although we arrived early and they were not opened for lunch yet, the cook made us a terrific meal.....and took good care of us. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed two great nights! I would recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here for two days in August 2009 and loved it so much we came back for our anniversary July 2011 for a week!
The Irish hospitality is second to none. The Inn's mid-cape location allows easy access to the entire cape and boston is an easy day trip.

I love the character of the Inn; including the antique furniture, the handmade quilts on the beds and the decor reminds me of "Grandma's House". The beds are comfortable, there is awesome music in the pub and the tiki bar is open till after 8pm. We had a blast and enjoyed the personable stay at the Claddagh Inn. We are accountants and enjoyed our relaxing stay.

;

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

For $150/night over Memorial Day weekend, we weren't expecting the lap of luxury. The inn was almost comically awful however - like something out of a bad movie. Our room was tiny, hot and dark, with ceilings so low you couldn't even sit up in bed. The worst, however, was the smell - I suppose due to proximity to the kitchen, the room reeked of hot dogs and fryer grease. The shower was a jerry-rigged contraption that you had to duck to get into, though it didn't matter because there was little to no hot water during our stay. We never saw the owners again after checking in, and our room was never made up. Please, learn from our misfortune and stay away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
West Dennis, Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

Bob from Bob's Best Dennis Port is now cooking and the pub looks great. Love the TUES. 5PM movie club-Sons of Ed Wood. Thanks for bringing back the old menu and prices. I know you will do well
Rich

• Liked — Clean & friendly
  • Disliked — no room service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cape Cod Claddagh Inn? Share your experiences!