“Villa Roma Never Disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Villa Roma Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've been celebrating my daughter's birthday at VR for the past four years during our summer on the Cape. That statement alone demonstrates how we feel about the restaurant! We were there last night for another fantastic meal and celebration. We started with the mussels, which were excellent, followed by an order of the delicious meatballs. They always have breadsticks, olives, cheese, olive oil and warm bread on the table. It's such a nice touch!
Let me interject here that our server, Tom, was top notch. What a personable, professional young man! He was a big part in making this another perfect dining experience.
Let's move on to the next course. My husband and daughter had the house salad, which is a nice mix of field greens and baby spinach. Even in this hot weather, I had to order the Italian Wedding Soup...it's so good! As our entrees, they both had the striped bass special, which the said was excellent. I had the Chicken Marsala, one of the best I've had. We usually save room for the tiramasu, which is enough to split amongst the three of us. But, we had already had more than enough to satisfy our appetites. A definite must if you're in the Harwich/Chatham/Dennis area!

• Visited July 2013

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Italiano!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant is small - and that should tell you something. Something good! The menu is simple and to the point with a few nightly specials. Last visit we started with a baked artichoke appitizer that was out of this world. I would have been happy with another order and a salad!
Shrimp scampi always wonderful, with just enough garlic. The pasta dishes are perfectly cooked, warm fresh bread, a small dish of mushrooms and olives and a cheese spread with bread sticks are always on the table. Seafood is local, wine list is good, the marsala and parmesean choices, sausage and meatballs - something for everyone. Except kids...and I am fine with that! When you live in a tourist destination, it is nice to be able to go out for a quiet meal and not have to deal with other peoples overtired and cranky kids. This restaurant is too small for children - tables are closely spaced - there is no room for musical chairs ie. child wanting to sit near Mom, no near Dad, switch with your sister etc.. I wouldnt take my own there.
They do offer a to-go menu which I believe is the same as the restaurant menu. Service has always been good, and prices are fair for the quality and quantity of food.

• Visited May 2013
Dunstable, Massachusetts
“Nearly Hidden Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend and I ate here on a Thursday night. We arrived shortly after 5 pm and instantly wished that we had called and made a reservation as the place was already packed. We could have sat in the bar for our meal but that area is not separate from where guests wait for tables and that small area seemed noisy and crowded. We waited less than half an hour for a table and once seated we were very pleased with the dining experience. The wine selection is adequate if not extensive and the menu included a page with that day's specials. The servers were attentive and prompt in the midst of a rush and our food arrived hot and delicious. I missed being offered fresh grated parmesan over my pasta dish, having to settle instead on a flavorless shaker of bulk parmesan already on the table. The marinara sauce tasted fresh and flavorful and the meatballs were tender and perfectly spiced. Servings were generous and the price was right. I would happily eat here again when I visit Harwich.

• Visited May 2013
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent food, great service at a reasonable price. This is one of our favorite restaurants on the Cape. Obviously they specialize in Italian dishes, but everything is great. The only down side and that depends on who you are, children are frowned upon. There are no children dishes and the sign by the door reminds everyone of that fact. The other side of the coin is, if you want a nice quiet dinner with friends, this is the place to go.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good and good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My coworkers and I ate here on a business trip. Service was excellent and the food very tasty. Prices are reasonable and you get a salad or soup with entrees. Nice ambiance.

• Visited April 2013