“A superb experience at Barnaby Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barnaby Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Harwich
Barnaby Inn
You added Barnaby Inn to your Saves list
36 Main Street, West Harwich, Harwich, MA 02671   |
Ranked #5 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
UK
“A superb experience at Barnaby Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My partner & I have stayed at The Barnaby Inn on several occassions & found Laurieann (and Snickers) to be a gracious & welcoming host.
We are not generally B&B or Inn people however we loved our stays at Barnaby Inn.

ROOM:
The rooms are comfortable & cosy - we have stayed in both the Rose Room & Captain Kelley Room - both offer a fireplace and jacuzzi bath, and are traditionally furnished with modern touches. Rooms have flatscreen TV, DVD, fridge, sofas etc - so are really well appointed. I would also add that both rooms were extreamely clean.
Laurieann is happy to help - be it restaurant recomendations, ice, borrowing beach chairs she is wonderfully accomodating.
There are free DVD's available as well as a wide variety of Books & Magazines available.

FOOD:
Breakfast was delivered to our room on a tray each morning at an agreed time & everyday offered great variety.
In the afternoon trays of cookies are left out so you can help yourself.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Cambridge, Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I took a spontaneous trip to Cape Cod one weekend in August. We rode 22 miles on the bike trail, went to dinner, and we went searching for the perfect romantic inn. I am the type of person who gets a picture of exactly what I want in my mind, and I won't stop until I find it. Well, it didn't take long for us to find the Barnaby Inn. As soon as we crossed over the threshhold and were greeted by Laurieann, we knew we had arrived. She is the most gracious innkeeper and hostess. She showed us to our room which was clean, quiet and exactly what we were looking for. I told her I had a gluten allergy, and the next morning she arrived with a delicious gluten-free breakfast! We will return, and we plan to get my boyfriend's parents a gift certificate so they can experience the lovliness of the Barnaby Inn and the graciousness of Laurieann and Snickers! Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Westerly, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I just got back from staying 3 nights at there with my fiance and we had the best experience! The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was AMAZING. Laurieann is very accommodating and provided us with great recommendations of stuff to do and dinner plans. The grounds are well kept and the inn is very cozy, clean and inviting. We will definitely be going back and would absolutely recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
long island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

OMG, where do i start? incredible hospitality...beautiful, clean rooms...breakfasts to die for...central location to all cape towns...there is nothing but WONDERFUL stamped on this place!!! we stayed there for a wedding in "upscale" Chatham and, having spoken to relatives staying in Chatham's "frou-frou" inns and hotels, all were green with envy at our accomodations. they all wanted to switch!!! laurieann (the proprietor) is an angel and very accomodating...and the place smells SOOO good! in sum, STAY HERE!!!! You won't regret it!

Stayed September 2008
cape-pei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

My husband, I, and our Shar-pei companion stayed in Barnaby Inn the few times and would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a charming, quiet, clean place to stay on a Cape for a night or a full week at. And if you like to travel with your pet, this place is a true jam on a map of pet friendly travel.

Laurieann and Snickers are very warm, gracious and accommodating Inn-keepers. They do make us feel like part of the family. The old-house is lovely and comfortable. The rooms are well appointed and immaculate. The grounds are neat and well cared for. The breakfast is wonderful. The freshly baked goods are delicious, and the coffee is good enough to drink black. And on top of everything else, the place is very reasonably priced for the area.

If you can, try to treat yourself to a massage with Laurieann. It is out of this world special.

To finish, I completely disagree with a person who wrote a negative review below. The owner, and other people working there, are the nicest, most professional and accommodating people one will ever meet. However, there are people out there who are unreasonable and impossible to please. What goes around comes around.

We have been very happy with our Barnaby Inn stays, and are planning to come back in a future.

Kate, Anatoli, and Jasmine Vishnyakov

• Liked — Comfort, cleanliness, friendliness, seclusion, Cookies! Lemonade!
  • Disliked — That we have to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

My fiance suprised me with a trip to Cape Cod for Valentine's day. The innkeeper was so nice and she gave us plenty of maps and directions to all the local sites. The breakfasts in the morning were always fresh and yummy! The room was clean and the bed was always made when we came home for the night. The Barnaby Inn goes the extra mile to make you feel like the only thing you need to do is RELAX!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Friendliness, breakfasts
  • Disliked — nothing! It was a great experience!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

I stayed at the Barnaby Inn in August 2006 while doing a continuing education class. I LOVED it, the owner was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable, a great value. I especially loved the massage I got... I have had dozens of massages in my life, but I will always remember this one as the best. It was like she knew which muscles hurt better than I did. I would recomment this hotel to anyone, and hope to come back and stay here again in the future!

• Liked — nice location
  • Disliked — nothing, all was good
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Barnaby Inn? Share your experiences!