“Lovely affordable stay - extremely clean!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GuestLodge

GuestLodge
You added GuestLodge to your Saves list
GuestLodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   221 Main Street (Rt. 28), West Dennis, MA 02670 (Formerly Barnacle Motel)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Dennis
Nashville, TN
“Lovely affordable stay - extremely clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Most lodging on the Cape seem to be little motels like this one. I have nothing but good things to say about this motel. Owner was super nice, accomodating a very late check in. Very helpful. The room was outdated but that was expected ahead of time and not a problem at all. Extremely clean, which is the most impt thing to me. Great price and value! Thanks, Barnacle!! OH, and I think this place is now going by the name of Guest Lodge now, fyi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mansfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is our second year coming back to this hotel and we really enjoy staying here. The staff is extremely nice, especially the owner/manager and housekeeping. I stay here with my husband and 2 daughters and the rooms are perfect for us. We stay in a suite with the kitchenette and we have everything we need. The location is great and it is less than a 5 minute drive to West Dennis beach and South Village Beach. It is a very good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
sainte-Thérèse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We arrived by chance in this town. We decided to take a room there. We were well received by the owner. After visiting the room, we decided to book for one night. The place is very clean, good smell emanates from the room. After the first night, we decided to take another 2 nights at this motel because the place we really like.

Very good service, the maids are smiling and hardworking. Every day, my room was clean.

The only drawback, no continental breakfast in the morning and coffee is not served before 8:00. But Dunkin Donuts is not far to get up early like us.
I am surprised to read the various comments because we loved the place.
I would like to return next year if I persuaded my boyfriend ...

The motel is well located to beaches, shops, restaurants.

The perception of each is different and so are our criteria. Me, I liked the place and I know that I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My girl friend and I decided to stay here while her family reunion was going on in town. Seemed pretty good. Five minute ride to her aunts house, plenty of restaurants and shops around. This motel was ridiculous. The walls in our room were stone, which they "cleverly" painted on to create the illusion that we weren't staying in a prison.

So here's a story. My girlfriend discovered our sheets had a stain on them. When the manager was confronted, he simply cut off every sentence she said, replying with "I inspect them myself!!" and refusing to change them. We slept without sheets for the rest of the weekend.

This motel is not the worst I've stayed in, but it certainly has the worst customer service I have ever seen and would not recommend it to anyone staying in cape cod.

• Stayed July 2011
Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

during the independence day weekend, we stayed at the barnacle motel, and we had a great stay, the staff was friendly, and their was no smell in the room, or bedbugs. the pool was great, being nice and cool on a hot summer's day. Before we left, the owner even offered us some free coffee for my dad. overall, we had an excellent stay, and will probably be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

The price and the location of Barnacle Motel made me think it's a good bargain. I was totally wrong!!! The room we got on the second floor (facing the pool) was really smelly and dirty. After I went to bed at night, I felt very ichy. After I turned on the light, I saw over 20 big red bumps all over my body. Then my husband saw two big bed bugs right on our sheet crawling. Later he found 4 more bugs underneath the mattress. Our 4 months-old baby was on the other bed, there're two bed bugs in the pillow that's very close to him. Fortunately, the bugs did not bite him yet. It's already after the midnight, but we dare not and could not go back to the bed. We ran the bell in the manager's office on the first floor. The Indian guy initially pretended never heard of this bedbug problem and said it could be masquitos. After my husband caught two bugs as live evidence, he admitted that they had one incident in that room half a year ago and thought the bugs were all killed. The ridiculous part was that he offered us a bottle of bug killer spray (neural toxins) and suggested we spray on the sheet to kill the bugs, wait for a while before we get back to that bed. We asked if we can switch to another room and the answer is no. We were furious and we decided we will leave immediately and asked for refund. He reluctantly gave us the refund and we ended up finding a much pricier bug-free hotel later that night. I had been to many motels, hotels and never stayed in a horrible place like Barnacle Motel. If they keep running like this without spending money on housing-keeping and pest-control, they will run out of buisiness soon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Seymour, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

the place was very clean and neat. quit place to stay. the room was very clean and trhe service was very polite and kind in the front desk. people put thier was bed bugs but everyone i talked to thier even agreed they never had one problem thier at all. rooms were very nice price and would recomend this place for everyone.its amazing how people try to write things about a place to put the out but dont listen to them try it your self its well worth it i promise.they showed me around the place and all the rooms had been remodeled and painted. you will really love this place.im going back again in the summer. really great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to GuestLodge? Share your experiences!