“Food and Service is Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in West Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
“Food and Service is Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We arrived at this newly re-opened restaurant shortly after Bill bought and updated it. The lobster alfredo pizza was excellent !! We returned a month later, and found the same great food, service, and now they offer beer and wine! Definitely a must-have on the Cape!

Visited July 2014

“Wonderful surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were driving by and saw the sign that all of their fried food was gluten free and I thought I was seeing things! We turned around and confirmed that it was true! We had a wonderful lunch of fried clams, onion rings and cole slaw. I don't understand how anyone can complain about the portion size! My husband is a good eater and he couldn't finish all of his food! As far as the prices, someone mentioned getting a lobster roll for $10.95 else where.... What??!! I've never seen that price anywhere! The fried food was delicious and people who don't need gluten free can't even tell the difference. For those of us who need to eat gluten free, this is a blessing! I'm tired of people who know nothing about the need to be gluten free or about gluten free products talking bad about it! Just like food with gluten, there are good and bad products and this food is really good! The clams I had were big and the onion rings were thin and crispy. I saw a lobster roll go by being served to someone else and it was overflowing. We will definitely go back! Oh, and they told me their clam chowder is gluten free too! Can't wait to try it!

Boston
“good food, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

we have been marathon customers for years and always were happy with the quality and the prices. We decided to give the "new" marathon a try recently and did a take out. The food was exceptionally good but the portion for the price was really disappointing. We did a "bucket" of the fried oysters and some orings. I was told that a bucket contained 8 onces, which wasn't much for the price. When we finished we were still hungry. Very informal and clean place. I would recommend to eat in, and be prepared to pay like you were in waterfront gourmet restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Cod
“Don't be fooled by bad reviews!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

It all started innocently enough in the car heading out to lunch. As usual my husband who has recently had to go gluten free was probably deciding in his head between the usual salad or burger with no bun. Then I saw the sign at the Marathon that said "all of our fried food is gluten free." That was when we turned the car around. We're locals and in the past had eaten at the marathon a number of times and enjoyed it. The couple that ran the place were friendly and accommodating. We all miss them but new owners should not be a reason to dislike a restaurant. We had the fried fish plates and were pleasantly surprised that we were not stuck having French fries on the sides. I know for a fact that the french fry nazi's at the Kreme n kone won't even let you have curly fries with your fish even if you offer to pay more!!! My husband did go the traditional route and had fries but since he despises coleslaw (he hates mayo and most vegetables) he was able to chose corn on the cob as his second side.I love coleslaw but I'm very judgmental about it's preparation so when I tasted theirs I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Not at all overdressed and actually quite refreshing. Like all other seafood places you get a small plastic cup of it and that was fine because my plate was overflowing with fried fish and onion rings. Oh those heavenly onion rings! I love those things but usually after eating just a couple I feel nauseated. Not these babies! These onion rings were so light and crispy and obviously made with sweet onions (vidalias?). And greasy? Not at all! I don't know what's in the gluten free fry batter but the fried food we had wasn't greasy at all!!! Sure $18 for fish and chips may seem like a lot but most good places charge the same. If you really want to save that $4 then by all means go elsewhere and eat your nasty greasy thin fish and cold bland chips but don't complain about your aching belly! And to address that complaint of bland food...were we eating at the same restaurant? And to those who walked out complaining about gluten free food on the menu are you serious? Poof! Guess what? The mean old food fairy says that you cannot eat anything containing wheat, barley or rye. Go have fun with that, it's not easy! I'm thankful that the new owners are smart enough to understand that a rather large number of people have issues with gluten and are willing to accommodate them. It made my husband very happy to be able to eat fish and chips again and that made me happy! Other restaurants should take notice of what has become a billion $ industry and do the same! Speaking of the new owners, I believe it was one of them who came to our table to see how our dining experience was. He was quite friendly and I wish him success! I'm also excited by the new menu! It's nice to see other choices besides fried seafood and to have a choice of sides and sauces. I think I'm going for the lobster gyro next!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brewster
“Amazing food with clean family friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We just had lunch and thought it was amazing! We live on the Cape year round and have tried all sorts of different seafood places. I love that there are many gluten free options on the menu including the homemade clam chowder! You don't see that in many places. I think the prices are pretty comparable to the other places we visit and you get decent portions for what you pay. We will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere