“Small, typical, very friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in West Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Ashburn, Virginia
“Small, typical, very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Each year we start our week getting some Cape Cod type seafood. We've tried Kream & Kone, The Original Seafood Restaurant, and this year we went here. As far as the food, it was very good, but nothing that made it any better than the rest. We find all three of these restaurants to be very similar. The place is small inside, and they have some tables outside which are nice. The service here is very good. They are all very friendly and accommodating. The cost was in line with all similar places. It is also counter service, and then they bring your meal to you.
All in all, the place is good and we'd send other people there if they are looking for a casual Cape Cod type meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Dennis, Massachusetts
“Great fried seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was an old Howard Johnsons - so it isn't huge. These people know how to make great fried seafood and onioo rings and they are not stingy with the amounts. You get a HUGE portion. We like to get it 'to go' after 5 pm (when there is no charge to get on the beach) and take it to gorgeous West Dennis beach to eat it in the car and watch the ocean.

Visited June 2013
Albany, New York, United States
“You're family here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stumbled on this place as we were riding our bike to West Dennis Beach. We tied our bikes up outside and came inside for some pre-beach lunch. You order at the counter and bring your food to a table. There was a big menu with lots of options, especially lots of fish (esp. fried fish) options. I had a tunafish sandwich and it was very yummy. The owners are these freaking adorable Greek couple that will talk your ear off if you engage them in conversation. While we were there, their whole family (kids, grandkids, etc) came in, and the next thing you know we were just another part of the family. Freaking adorable people, nice little place. We'd definitely come back here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shrewsbury, ma
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The fries were tasteless; The coleslaw was also bland; The lobster in the lobster roll was mashed beyond recognition; The fried clams had a strong fishy taste. Very disappointing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“I'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a mom and pop establishment and everyone was very friendly. I had my two children with me and my mom. My kids ordered hotdogs and chicken tenders and ate every bit of it. My mom ordered the fried scallop platter and I ordered the seafood platter. The seafood platter comes with shrimp,scallops,clams and haddock. Because I dont care for shrimp I asked if they would substitute the shrimp for more scallops or clams which they happily agreed to. The food was excellent, and there was so much on the plates we had to bring the rest home. I have been to a lot of seafood establishments comparable in price on the Cape and this place by far gives you more bang for your buck. We will go several more times before we leave the Cape this year.