“Fantastic Fried Seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Rhode Island
“Fantastic Fried Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We ate at Kream 'n Kone for lunch. This a restaurant where you order at a counter, take a number and the food is brought to you. We are sometimes leery about eating fried seafood but we decided to try this restaurant and we were very happy we did. We were told the portions were quite large so we split a 3 item combo fried seafood platter that included:whole belly clams, shrimp, haddock, fries and onion rings. Everything was exceptional (and I don't usually eat clams) and there was more than enough food for the two of us. When we finished the platter, we noticed that there was not one bit of grease on the paper plate that the meal was served on. We ate outside on the patio that overlooks a waterway which was very pleasant.
We will happily be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
“Falls a little short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Lots of awards for the fried clams here.I ordered the large for 2 and it was the first time I couldn't finish it.It was huge.I like big bellies and here they were smallish and not very light.I would rate them pretty good.I also ordered a small order of onion rings which were very good and a black and white frappe with malt which was very good.I think next time we will go to Sesuit Harbor Cafe when the weather is nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“Best Fried Clams. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

OK, so there's a lot of controversy over best fried clams, right? People like different things. So to figure out if you'd agree with my review, you need to know what I prize in fried clams. Fresh oil (can't be reused many times or it gets that stale taste), NOT soaked in grease, local and fresh clams and a light, flaky batter. The onion rings are pretty awesome, too.

Visited August 2012
Niskayuna, New York
“Excellent fried seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great place for fried scallop rolls, fried shrimp and some of the best thinly breaded onion rings you will ever eat! We stop for dinner on our way to the movies down the street in Patriot Plaza so we don't waste another $20 on soda and popcorn on top of the $20 for the movie tickets!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Golden, Colorado
“Alert 911!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is fried food heaven! Although lobster rolls are offered, and probably other items too, this restaurant specializes in fried food and lots of it. One clam plate easily feeds two adults. Ordering is done at the counter, then picked up and taken to a table or taken home. I admit a weakness for fried food. I rarely indulge it, but Kream 'n Kone draws me in with its aroma. Food is good and fresh, and service is efficient.

Visited August 2012