“Nice place to stay in Cape Cod” 3 of 5 stars

You added Inn at Swan River to your Saves list
Inn at Swan River
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   829 Main St, West Dennis, MA 02670   |
nj
“Nice place to stay in Cape Cod”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Inn is not one in the true sense, but rather a converted motel with charm. The exterior reminds one of a 1960 establishment, but the rooms are very clean and the Queen bed comfortable, although we had an upgraded unit on the second floor with more space and a full refrigerator, which is lacking in some other units. Rooms may also feel a bit crowded for a family-a couple is ok. The real surprise was in the back of the Inn, where there is a lovely garden with barbecue area, gated pool area, and even a single shuffleboard court. I met a lady there who was planning a wedding reception in the garden, The Inn is pretty centrally located for the area explorer, next door to Yarmouth and Hyannis, but we also enjoyed an easy day's trip to Provincetown. Staff was very friendly and receptive to our needs. This non-smoking facility is well recommended, but not for those interested in a higher end hotel experience with luxury amenities. The Inn seems to be quite popular, as there were a lot of cars in the parking lot each night, and this was off-season.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Wareham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a excellent place ,me and my wife go to the cape all the time and this is the first time staying here and won't be our last.This place is great and i highly recommend this place.It was super clean and im a neat freak. WE stayed in room 28 and wow what a room . If you plan to stay pay the little extra for this room . You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: the best room 28
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Storrs, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is simple enough, but has a lot of little things that will make you smile. It's a decent location, near a great casual seafood place, an awesome breakfast restaurant, a liquor store, and a few craft shops. The rooms are very comfortable!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this very comfortable inn , rooms were spacious and had all amenities . Bathroom had philosophy products which is a nice touch . Good pool area with BBQ s and fire pit , no problem to park . Rooms were cleaned daily and were immaculate . Only gripe was that I asked about ferries to nantucket etc and young guy on duty did not have a clue or offered any assistance in finding information .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

It’s hard to know where to start when writing about the awesomeness of the Inn at Swan River, so I guess I’ll start with checking in. I’d received a confirmation email from Jamie, the innkeeper, who told me she wouldn’t be there when I checked in but that Shana would be. Shana knew exactly who I was when I walked in the door, and it felt like arriving at the home of a friend or at least a friend of a friend. It didn’t feel like arriving at a hotel, this I know.

Shana knew I was only going to be in the area for one day, so she supplied me with maps and information then sent me in the right directions to do and see what I wanted to. There was a nice welcome letter from Jamie in the room (a form letter, but still nice) that said she loves to chat over coffee in the lobby so to please pay her a visit. It’s nice to feel at home immediately upon checking in to a hotel, especially in a very busy summer area where many hosts are exhausted by the end of August, which is when I was there.

I travel a lot, and stay at a wide variety of resorts, motels, lodges, inns, etc, but rarely feel compelled to write about my experiences. The Inn at Swan River is a standout, though, and deserves some kudos. The place is comfortable. The bed was wonderful with great linens. The bathroom was well stocked with high-quality Philosophy bath products, and soft, fluffy towels. I was only there one night, so didn’t have the need to unpack, but this hotel would be a great place for an extended stay. There’s ample storage space in the bathroom (like what you’d have at home) as well as a big dresser and full-size closet. If I had to use one word to describe the presentation of the Inn at Swan River I’d have to say “spotless.”

I stayed in a King Suite that had a fridge and microwave, but they also have bigger rooms and rooms with full kitchens. The location in West Dennis is convenient to a lot of the mid-cape and close to the West Dennis beach, which has warm, Nantucket sound water for swimming and a long beach for walking. Restaurants are abundant in the area, and the hotel is close to downtown Dennisport, which is a cute town that doesn’t feel overly “touristy.” I’d been traveling for a while when I stayed here, and was happy to find a laundromat in Dennisport that is clean and filled with friendly locals. One of my favorite parts about traveling is to get away from the other visitors and get a sense for the community and local culture of a place, and I was able to find that here.

The lobby is a cozy place, and when I came back after a long afternoon and evening out Judy was there to help me with what I needed, and again: it felt like visiting friends or family. The grounds of the Inn at Swan River are exemplary. They have a big pool well outfitted with every type of seat a person could want: tables and chairs with umbrellas, lounge chairs, Adirondack chairs, and hammocks. They have BBQs and picnic tables and even a fire pit. This is all behind the hotel (much better than some that have it in front off the parking lot and on the road) where there’s also a soft, grassy area. If you have kids or dogs that want more playing area there is also a school and playground across the street. Honestly, I don’t know what more a person could want in a Cape Cod hotel.

My checkout process was as warm as the check-in, and even though I was there for less than 24 hours, I felt a connection to the place and the people and look forward to returning. In case I wasn’t clear: I recommend the Inn at Swan River without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This has been our 3rd year vacationing at the Inn. We absolutely love it. The double king with efficiency has fit our needs over the years. Now that our 2 children are getting bigger, we will book adjoining rooms for 2014 on. The Inn is super friendly. Jamie, the Innkeeper, has a wonderful staff. Early in the morning, my 7 year will go down to the lobby and then I find myself sitting with Jamie or Shannon or Leslie or Marly chit chatting away...it feels like we are visiting family when we vacation at the Inn at Swan River. At the end of the evening, my daughter can be found in the lobby entertaining Judy! This year we all brought our bikes...which we locked up on the rear grounds of the Inn. There are sidewalks down Swan River Road and Trotting Park Road then along Lower County Road to the beach...it is about a mile or so ride to the beach from the Inn. Everything from the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms to the picture perfect grounds makes for a fabulous, relaxing vacation on the Cape! Oh, one more thing, the location is super....you are in the middle of the cape....Hyannis is 20 minutes in one direction, Chatham 20 minutes in the other, Brewster is 20 minutes north and Provincetown is less than an hour away....perfect location!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Jamie, the Innkeeper at the Inn at Swan River literally saved our vacation. The accommodations are super clean and very comfortable!!! First off we are traveling with our dog. We had made reservation at ANOTHER MOTEL on the Cape and arrived late at night. This motel (which I will not name here, but did review) was completely unacceptable, we stayed the night because we did not think we could find something else so late at night. We were up early the next morning and on the Internet in search of another accommodation that was pet friendly. The Inn at Swan River came up...we were at their door step at 8:30am, even though the office was not open Jamie was there and spoke to my husband about arrangements for the next 4 nights...they had room, she put us in the book and had our room ready before noon, seriously she saved our trip. There was no way we would have stayed at the other motel.

OK, so the Inn at Swan River is a motel type lodging with entry to your room from outside. We had a king room with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker - this was perfect for our needs. I will say they do have some adjoining rooms, if that fits your needs better. The bed is SUPER comfortable!!! The grounds behind the Inn are well kept and include a in-ground pool, fire pit, shuffleboard, tables and 2 brand new grills - so bring the burgers and have a picnic at the pool. I would recommend the Inn at Swan River to families or couples traveling with or without a pet. This is is top notch motel that is pet friendly. You will not feel as if you are giving up any comforts to stay here (as sometime you have to do when traveling with a pet). We will be back to the Inn at Swan River hopefully sooner than later!!! The photos on the website represent the Inn perfectly!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Inn at Swan River? Share your experiences!