“Not sure who all the extra guests were?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Dennis
Beach House Inn
You added Beach House Inn to your Saves list
61 Uncle Stephen's Road, West Dennis, MA 02540   |
Ranked #1 of 3 West Dennis B&B and Inns
frankfort,ny
“Not sure who all the extra guests were?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Let me start by saying we knew the room would be small, and we have no complaints about the size of the room. The location of the Inn could not be better and we were very happy with the location and proximity of our room to the beach. The weather was amazing and the ocean was warm - I knew the area when making the reseravtions and knew the beach was great and the ocean was perfect for our 4 night stay.

Now for the not so fabulous aspects.... who is running the inn? Patty? She greeted us and took us on our tour - did I mention within our tour we saw a beer pong table in the basement? A basement that might I mention is not a common area or for guest us so who lived in the basement and was using this beer pong table. Well we later found out and when I say later I mean much later as it was well after dark and a youngman came to the basement entrance and then came out with an empty keg only to return later with a fresh one to replace it. The cellar was a good time or at least it sounded that way as we could hear the games of beer pong, the basement guests? and a guitar in to the early hours of the morning. Who lives in the basement? certainly not paying guests so why are they so loud and ruining others stay. A mystery for sure.

Another mystery is who are all the families staying there with kids,at first we thought one family in particular were just another set of guests, however our theory changed as we later say the dad also following Patty around doing handyman work while his with and 3 screaming boys used the beach and the accomdations at their leisure. Perhaps family of the innkeeper who came to visit so dad could do some repairs... but were they paying? I should hope so because they utilized all the guest accomodations including the Cable tv in the living area - which displayed cartoons at all hours of the day especially the early ones. Granted we stayed at a B&B noise is to be expected but lets be respectful in the early hours, others are sleeping * by early I mean before 7 we were awake every day to the sound of a screaming newborn, or children who were wondering around in the common area. Cable tv was mentioned in our confirmation, and there was cable tv in the living room but what adult is really going to ask a child to change cartoons so they can have a check of the weather or recent going ons in the news. Not me! The cable in our room was being worked on- one afternoon we were laying out at the beach and decided to pack it up and go back to our room upon going back to our room we were greeted by Patty and the handyman or was he a guest or a friend I dont know but they were both in our room without permission trying to install the cable. We told them we needed to shower and such but they were more than welcome to come back to our room later to fix the cable. We left and they never came back to fix the cable - but the man was on the deck enjoying a cigar and beer when we returned. I thought this was a smoke free facility... interesting. What is even more interesting is that the cable never got fixed, and why give your guests keys to their rooms if you as a innkeeper are just going to go in unannounced whenever you please.

As if one family was not enough another family arrived within our stay who I believe was also related to or friends of Patty... are these people paying? It was hard for us to believe what was going on ... children screaming whenever they please, using all the beach chairs and chairs in the common area. The parents smoking and often talking loudly outside at late and early hours.

This vacation was not very relaxing who wants to go to the beach, a private beach to hear others kids scream all the time and whine. I understand this is what kids do but not all the time and parents should regulate this, and if not parents perhaps Patty should have set some guidelines for quiet hours.
Would we go back - NO not until we figured out who the mystery basement kids are, and why there were so many unknown people around people I believe were not paying guests, but who made paying guest uncomfortable and often unwelcome.

Room was neat and clean for the most part, clean towels brought as we needed them, but perhaps a sweep or vaccuum would have been nice midweek- afterall if your going to let yourself in our room unannounced why not tidy up a bit while your there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Owner went up to our room with out asking if we would mind,beach furniture cracked and filty ,grill a fire hazard and plain gross,furniture cheesy and dated,common kitchen is dirty toaster ancient and doesn't work,linenes are scarce. If. You wanta nice well kept beach and housenamenities,privacy,comforta place good for your money this is not the place. Right on beach is great but there is nothing you can walk to for entertainment besides sand bar. This place to be a true B&B/motel needs a lot more lustre.

• Stayed July 2010
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I recently stayed at the Beach House Inn, looking for an affordable weekend away from the chaos of Boston. It has an absolutely perfect location, right on the beach. The most comforting part of my stay was the Dillon family, as this family truly understands how to run a B&B. The prices remain quite affordable, a definite plus in today’s economy. If you’re looking for a quiet getaway, boasting one of the best views on cape I strongly recommend checking into the Beach House Inn.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

bottom line: beautiful location, wonderful family, adorable old inn full of character. i'm from pittsburgh and stayed at the beach house inn the first time i came to cape cod. the inn's cozy setting and atmosphere immediately let me know what the cape is all about. it actually sits right on a private beach- literally a stone's throw from the water! i can't stress enough how perfectly beautiful and serene the location was. mine and my friends' rooms had giant windows and their own balconies that looked out on the water. as someone who doesn't see the ocean often, i was amazed every morning when i woke up to the water right outside my window. also, the family that runs the inn was so friendly and accommodating, they made me feel at home immediately. they really seemed to enjoy getting to know all of their guests- you'll definitely be seeing them and getting to know them if you stay here. they had all kinds of great advice on things to do and places to see on the cape, so make sure you ask. great breakfast cooked to my liking, the place definitely had that perfect bed-and-breakfast feel. i've stayed at the inn twice now (once in january- though the beach was covered in snow, it was still gorgeous and i had a really relaxing getaway) and already have plans to go back again later in the summer. i highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience cape cod at its best.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My friends and I recently rented the entire house for a weekend. We each had our own room and bathroom and were able to hang out in the common living room very comfortably. The proximity to the beach is incredible; step outside and you're there and hearing the soothing sound of the gentle waves can't be beat. We were able to golf in the morning and still have time for the beach in the afternoon. For the price we paid, I can't recommend anything better.

White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

Spent a weekend at this B&B and had a wonderful time. The house is very welcoming and the owners were accommodating and very hospitable. The view is unbeatable, as the house is situated literally ON the beach! The weather when we were there was not what we were hoping for, but that didn't stop us from sitting on the porch admiring the view or from walking the few steps down onto the beach and going for a walk. Highly, highly recommended.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I stayed at the Beach House with a couple of friends of mine for a few days in the early part of the season, and it did not disappoint. It has an absolutely perfect location, right on the beach and secluded from the touristy cape people. Patty and Bill (the owners) are fantastically nice people, and they definitely know how to run a B&B. I have stayed at other B&B's where the owner treats you as an inconvenience...not so here! Next time I come to the cape I'm staying here!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Beach House Inn? Share your experiences!