“Consistent favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Consistent favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best filet & baked stuff shrimp. Great squash muffins. Bartenders are excellent Cocktail creators! Millie is one of our favorite waitresses. Luncheon specials are $8-$12 during the week.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

72% Recommend
Hartford, Connecticut
“Words can't describe how wonderful the Fireplace Feast is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We attended the Fireplace Feast on November 18, 2012. The weather was just right and the venue was perfect for a birthday celebration. We celebrated three birthdays at once that day and were not disappointed. Since there was no snow, we had a wagon ride, while short, it was fun. Watching the Prime Rib cook on the open fire was amazing. The chowder cooking demonstration was a lot of fun to participate in. The fire is so hot! I am a picky eater and picky about service and there was nothing that went wrong during the dinner service. All food allergies were accomodated and the server remembered how we wanted our beef cooked. Thanks for the recommendation from the women who checked us in. The beef, spinach pie, squash and potatoes were awesome, and so were the bread baskets with rolls, sticky rolls and pumpkin muffins. Seconds were not a problem and brougth quickly to the table. The grand finale is the apple pie with fresh whipped cream. I left in a food coma........Can't wait to go back again and again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Amazing Fireplace Feast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is such a lovely event! Bring your family, because it is so fun that you will wish you had others to share it with. We experienced hot mulled cider and wine, a beautiful cheese spread, making our own Apple Pie (got a great recipe), stirring our own chowder of the sea, choosing our own cut of meat, getting heaping portions of everything, and taking a horse drawn sled ride through their vineyards. This was a truly inspired experience!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, Massachusetts
“all hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited the salem cross inn last week to celebrate an anniversary. There were 9 people in our party, I had made a reservation for 5 people initially but called back the night before to change it to a party of 9. When we arrived at the inn I gave my name and was met with indifference about the number in our party, I was asked if I had called to change the number of guests in a rude fashion by the hostess/maybe owner? Id also like to mention that this charming lady was sporting a pair of sneakers, class act. So after finally being seated at a much too small round table for that big of a party, I had to ask for a bigger table so they pulled 2 together, I really couldnt believe the way she acted, like she was being put out to accommodate us, Id also like to mention that the restaurant was virtually empty.I had viewed the list of complete sunday dinner specials on line the night before, but when we arrived they were not available, when I asked about that I was told that the website was not updated, period, hows that for an answer? Now to the food, how can I say this,not good, and the service was completely lacking in a lot of ways, it is evident that they are running on a long gone reputation, we will not be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Atmosphere is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Try to take time while you are here to just walk around the whole restaurant. This place is actually kind of like a museum that also happens to be a restaurant. The building, grounds and antique decor are all genuine from the late 1700's to early 1800's - a great place to stop for dinner after your trip to Sturbridge Village. Food is also very good, sometimes excellent, sometimes just ok but usually very good. We like to eat downstairs in the Oxhead tavern where you get the same food as upstairs but slightly smaller portions at much less cost.

Visited July 2012