“Great Treats” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Massachusetts
“Great Treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stop in often to pick up treats to bring when gathering with my girlfriends. We are never disappointed. I've also purchased their birthday cakes and been very happy. I don't however recommend the coffee. The espresso is overpriced and the regular coffee is bitter and tastes old.

Visited January 2013

80% Recommend
Massachusetts
“Large selection of pristine pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place really has eye catching bling, but the pastries could benefit from real whipped cream vs. the "italian creme" , whatever that is. It tastes like Crisco and sugar .The cashier was evasive when I asked her if they use real cream in their cream puffs. She didn't even know. A dessert goes down a notch when real cream is not used and staff is not knowledgeable about ingredients. . I bought a large slice of the famous strawberry riccota cake and found it to be overly sweet and taste like it was from a mix. The pastries are so perfect that it is hard to tell what is fresh and what is day old. The fresh bread is delicious and was sliced into perfectly thin pieces that toasted easily. They offer free coffee and this would be a nice spot to meet a friend for a coffee and some pastry.It's a great place for a "meet and greet". I would come back again and zero in on specific pastries, like the tiramisu bars and other items that appeared fresher and more homemade.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, MA
“A little dissapointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to Gerardo's Saturday before Christmas to pick-up some of the "Italian" Christmas Cookies - everyone seems to rave about. Gerardo's had them all pre-packaged in beautifully decorated trays - in various sizes ready for purchase. However, we were dissapointed as all of the cookies, although looking slightly different (Chocolate, green, white) all tasted exactly the same! There were no anise cookies, they were rather dry and there was nothing special about any of them.

However, I will say that the bakery is very attractive and all of the pastries in the case looked delicious...so I will go back and purchase something like that in the future.

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Holy Cannoli!! Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We first visited Gerardo's (in their old location) for our wedding cake several years ago (it was excellent!)...and today, whenever we're in town, we stop in for a few treats.

As always, Gerardo's does not disappoint! Bakery items are fresh and delish! The different Italian Anise cookies are so tasty and their cannolis are soooo wonderful! Prices are excellent and the interior of this bakery is just so lovely!

If you're ever in the area...Gerardo's is a must!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Gerardo's actually did my wedding cake over four years ago. The cake was amazing! It was beautiful and delicious and very fairly priced. My most recent trip however led me to try some desserts. Everything was so good I went back two days later and got an assortment of cookies and cannolies for my husband's birthday! I am now addicted to this place. The cookies were good but the cannolies were outstanding! The new building is beautiful as well.

Visited August 2012