“Stay here; you will not be disappointed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maple Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Barnstable
The Maple Street Inn
208 Maple Street, West Barnstable, MA 02668   |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Stay here; you will not be disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a beautifully restored, classic Cape Cod house. We stayed in the Hydrangea room for two nights and wish we could have stayed longer. The bedroom has a large entrance vestibule with plenty of storage, leading to a cosy ante room, with a television and small fridge. The main bedroom has a very comfortable king sized four poster bed, with a large wardrobe and dressing table. Here there is another wall mounted flat screen television. The bedroom has fantastic views over the rear garden and the lake beyond. The en-suite bathroom includes a large jacuzzi bath and separate shower unit. There is a his and hers vanity unit, again with plenty of storage. Two bath robes are also provided.

Downstairs, the sitting room is decorated in rich colours and contains many nice pieces of antique furniture and paintings. It also has a wood burning fireplace. A healthy, hearty breakfast is served in the adjacent dining room, and there is also a small veranda where you can sit and have morning tea or coffee.

The hosts, Len and Pat, made us feel very welcome, and I would describe staying there as akin to visiting a favourite aunt and uncle. Len is full of great information and tips about the local area, and can also recommend some great eating places. Pat bakes wonderful cakes or muffins at night for the next day's breakfast.

In summary, this is a high end bed and breakfast, in an excellent situation, run by dedicated and welcoming hosts. Book a holiday here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tracy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Our stay at the Maple Street Inn was most lovely. My friend and I were traveling to celebrate our 50th birthdays, and the innkeepers helped us to celebrate, making us feel special. Lenny and Pat, the innkeepers, offered us the use of their beach pass, beach chairs and towels so that we could enjoy any of the beaches on Cape Cod. They also printed out information on a visit to Martha's Vineyard and taking the Hyannis Harbor Cruise. Upon our return from sight-seeing on the first day, homemade chocolate chip cookies and freshly squeezed lemonade were set out in the breakfast room for us. In our room refrigerator was a big bottle of Peligrino accompanied by some snacks. Cuddly robes and fluffy towels were available in our suite as well as high quality toiletry items. The suite and the entire house were decorated according to colors and furnishings consistent with the period and style of the 1853 home. The innkeepers' attention to detail was evident througout the dwelling. It looked as if we had stepped back in time to when the house was first built and decorated, however, the central air conditioning and most modern plumbing fixtures made our stay quite comfortable at all times. My friend and I stayed in the Hydrangea suite, and both agreed that the bathroom was the nicest either of us had ever seen! The decor was vintage in style, but the 2 televisions, the double sinks with granite counter tops, the large jetted tub, and the black-tiled, over-sized shower were most modern. I had to enjoy a soak in the tub, especially since there was a decorative book holder set across the tub so that I could read! The views of the pond and the countryside out of the windows were so relaxing. I only wished that the weather was cool enough to warrant the use of the attractive fireplace in our room. I hope to travel across the country again, next time accompanied by my husband, in order to show him the beauty of this inn and of Cape Cod.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We had a great stay at the lovely Maple Street Inn. The property is beautiful, with a gorgeous back lawn leading down to a pond and guestrooms that are elegant but still comfortable. We particularly enjoyed talking to owner Len, who is incredibly friendly. The beach is a short drive away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I chose this place for our Valentine's Day Weekend, and it was the right choice. Pat and Lenny were very attentive and great hosts. The inn, which was more like a home was decorated beautifully, and it was obviously created with love. Our room had a fireplace and a seperate entrance, and it was very clean and cozy. The bed was like heaven. The innkeepers' attention to details, great hospitality and recommendations for sightseeing made our weekend even better. We would definitely recommend The Maple Street Inn to everyone, and we are definitely planning on staying again in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Brockton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

This b&b is a gem. It is right off Route 6A close to the highway but nestled off the beaten path. The hosts were warm and friendly and aimed to please. The Inn is a totally restored elegant home. The colors were "historical" Benjamin Moore paints. Each room had a theme. We stayed in the Hydrangea room complete with a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi. The view of the pond in the winter was perfect. It was warm, cozy and beautiful. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The breakfast food was great and plentiful. We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

The Inn was absolutely perfect. Very warm and inviting. The Currans were wonderful hosts and talented individuals which is evident once you stay at the Inn. It was a very rainy weekend, so we spent a lot of time relaxing. The breakfasts were yummy in the morning and the cookies were superb at night. Between my friend and I, we finished off a whole plate of cookies. (after all, we were on vacation.) I stayed in the Hydrangea room which is basically half of the upstairs. A huge closet area with sitting room, gorgeous bedroom with a super soft bed and linens, and a rich bathroom that invites you to stay all day. All of the rooms in the Hydrangea suite have lots of windows that overlook the lawn and there is even a limited view of the water through the trees. With the windows open, you can hear the peaceful sounds of the water going by. It was probably the best sleep I ever had while traveling. All the amenities were top notch. Flat screen TV and a beautiful gas log fireplace. Awesome fluffy white towels and bath robe too. I've stayed at 8 or 9 different B&B's throughout the years and the Maple Inn took a secure first place. It was definitely a home away from home. Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to visit again someday.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Absolutely perfect!! Thank you so much. The absolute best choice. We have been fortunate that every inn we have stayed in during our road trip has been great. But the absolute best was the Maple street inn!! What can I say! Perfect hosts. Enjoyed a wonderful chat with Lennie over breakfast. very friendly and helpfull. Was a pleasure chatting with him. The breakfast was delicious!! I enjoy eating healthily and my wonderful hosts were more than happy to meet my needs. We stayed in the Hydrangea room. It was absolutely beautiful!! You can enjoy the spa bath and even warm up your towels on your heated towel rail!! You have your own small sitting area. The bedroom was beautifully decorated. Attention to detail was perfect, every possible thing thought of. Even beautiful books to read on your bedside! I won't tell you any more. Go and stay! you will be so pleased you did!I wanted to stay forever! I will definately be back. I will tell every one I know about Maple street!
Hope to see you very soon!!
Thanks Alison and Sam Pryce. Gold Coast Australia.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Maple Street Inn? Share your experiences!