“Peace and Quiet coupled with Character and Charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bursley Manor

You added Bursley Manor to your Saves list
Bursley Manor
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   651 Main Street, Route 6A, West Barnstable, MA 02668   |
Muncie, IN
“Peace and Quiet coupled with Character and Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I came to Cape Cod with a group of six women....all of us visiting for the first time. I want to
tell you about a wonderful and quaint B&B called Bursley Manor where we stayed for four
nights. Sheila, the B&B Owner was exceptional and had red and white wine out on the table
to greet us when we arrived...but, she continued to put it out each night for us! She is a
charming lady with a wonderful smile and such a nice manner...always keeping the guests
comfort first and foremost. The breakfasts were amazing with so many choices of either
hot foods..which included eggs any style, waffles, pancakes, and more and the choices of
yogurt and unending fruit selections, homemade breads, and also many coffee/tea selections,
and other fruit drinks. The rooms were each themed and had beautiful furniture...and I
found each one to be spacious (king beds) and the largest bathrooms ever for any B&B,
inn, hotel, or rental house I have ever stayed in! The mattresses and pillows (lots of them
to choose from) were extremely comfortable with clean fresh sheets daily. Also, nice large
towels and many of them provided. There were several outlets both in the bathrooms and
the room itself, so that my friend and I would each have our own area to use our curling
irons/blow dryers each day. The water was nice and hot in the shower and a jacuzzi was
an option in each room! We felt very safe and secure and thoroughly enjoyed our rooms,
Sheila (the owner), and the common living areas (also very spacious!). I would give this
B&B a five star rating easily and I would stay here again if ever in the area! Many great
area restaurant recommendations were given to our group by Sheila, and they turned out to
be some of our favorite places to eat during our vacation on the Cape.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hibiscus room and loved it...great view over the patio and nice sunlight in addition...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Tucked away among the quiet trees is the Bursley Aanor replete with theme rooms with firlaces, large jacuzzi tubs and all that is needed to make a perfect romantic vacation. The innkeepr, well she does all that is possible to make your say something special. The Bursley is located convenient to everythiing. This is a must experience if you are going to the Cape.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this inn for the weekend and we absolutely loved it!!
The owner, Sheila, was amazing. She greeted us when we arrived and I told her I had recently hurt my back and she immediately went to the the freezer and gave me a cold pack .. The bed was so comfortable and the linens were fantastic-very high quality. My husband is a breakfast person and again we were not disappointed.
We had bowls of fresh fruit, homemade breads, and then she cooked our breakfast to order. I just have to add one more thing- my husband and I went out for the day and when we
returned in the afternoon Sheila actually ran out to our car to give me an ice pack for my back.. If only big biz - hotels, restaurants etc could take a few lessons from Sheila-
they could really learn what real service is about.

returned

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cuba, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My friend and I were traveling from NY to Cape Cod for the Naukabout Festival August 5-7th, 2011. Searching online for accommodations, Bursley Manor offered the best proximity to the event that I could find with a 3+ star rating and remarkably reasonable rates. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the loveliest, coolest, most laid-back host, Sheila, who offered us a beverage and showed us to our lovely Rose Room (even lending a hand to help carry our bags). The room was immaculate, so charming and instantly welcoming- the entire house is gorgeous and beautifully furnished. Sheila invited us to feel at home and roam about as we desired, and it truly felt like home. We were quite late getting in on our second night's stay, and there was a plate of homemade chocolate cookies left out on the corner of the dining room table.. seems like they were still warm! I could write a sonnet about the breakfasts that Frances and Sheila offer-- a very generous, delicious feast of great abundance! Felt like Thanksgiving with dear family each morning. We are hoping to go back again next August and receive another pampering from the delightful Sheila and Frances at the Bursley Manor. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Everything was wonderful. Sheila is a wonderful hostess. Rooms are spotless and breakfast is delicious. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed a week end and U really enjoyed the stay.
It is very well located to visit Cape Cod (whales, sandy neck) and so cosy in the evening.
The breakfast is great: fruits, toats, yogurt....
I would come back.
Thanks Sheila

• Stayed July 2011
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Bursley Manor and it was fabulous! Great house, big bedroom (The Wisteria Room) and Sheila was a very good hostess. This was the cleanest and neatest B&B I've ever stayed in. Breakfast was wonderful! A large array of fruit, muffins, eggs, bacon, waffles, juice. The 2nd morning we had a quiche, coffee cake and a cranberry tart. PLUS bacon, eggs, waffles to choose from. It was GREAT. I highly recommend this B&B. It's also in a great location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bursley Manor? Share your experiences!