“Very good restaurant..food was well prepared...good value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Papa Razzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 65 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Street
Description: Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!
williamsburg virginia
“Very good restaurant..food was well prepared...good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Came here for a group dinner on May 30th. Our group of six was accommodated with a round table as I requested. My dinner of veal scallopini was very well prepared. Good beer and wine selection. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Parking can be a bit tight on Friday nite as the restaurant was full. We parked across Washington Street in a lot for office buildings. Would gladly dine here again. Menu was also very well priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Papa Razzi in Wellesley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good restaurant with consistent quality and service. A "staple". Not going to "wow" you but you won't go wrong.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Great bar, great martini's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The atmosphere is great, especially for a couple to relax and have a few drinks along with a good meal. The calimari is excellent as is most of the Italian food. it's a little expensive, but worith it. If you like to sit at the bar and schmooze, this is a great place for you. Not the best place to bring kids.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malden
“Very Disappointed over special for the evening”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Saturday May17,2014. I and my son ordered the special this evening, Osso Buco. We tried some and could not eat it. It was so over salted to the point of being uneatable. One would think that the kitchen would ensure that this would not happen. We were not charged for the dish, but it was a great disappointment on a very special occasion.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Is it slipping?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have dined here several times in the last three or four years. It seems like there might be a slow slide downward. The service we had a couple of months ago was genuinely abysmal, but there was no response from the restaurant after an Open Table review. That was disappointing.

Last evening, we dined there with friends, who were seated before we got there. We had a server we've had before. I went to the table, and he came over before I'd even taken my coat off, told me his name two or three times and wanted to take a drink order. I said I'd sit down and wait for my husband, who was parking the car.

He took our meal order and repeated it, which was fine. He had it correct, but it all seemed a bit like a cabaret act. The restaurant was extremely busy, so I'm sure all the waitstaff were feeling pushed. We got our bread - fabulous focaccia (we do miss the days when a server brought the bread oun a tray and served it with tongs) - and the apps in due course.

When our entrees came, I still had not received my salad. He brought it and told me several times that it was a gift from him. I thanked him more effusively than I should have had to since he was basically comping an error. And was it from him, personally?

Most of the dishes were delicious: chicken piccata, linguini and clams, a pizza. But two were much saltier than in the past and treading very close to the edge of too salty. My veal parm was far cooler than I'd have liked, and far cooler than the accompanying penne with the rather dry sauce. I ate some and brought the rest home rather than create the awkwardness of all of us not dining together.

I don't like being so negative, but this is a restaurant that I think can and should be held to the highest standards. That it has failed to meet them on the last two visits is discouraging. We will go again, for certain, in the hope that these transgressions are not indicative of anything but poor luck in our part. I just don't like luck to be in the mix, I guess.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere