“Like Home and Delightful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wellesley Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellesley
Wellesley Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Wellesley Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
28 Eaton Court, Wellesley, MA 02481   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Wellesley B&B and Inns
harvard ma
“Like Home and Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Amazingly lovely experience at Margo's Wellesley Bed and Breakfast! So many thanks yous go to Margo for all she did for me by welcoming me to Wellesley Massachusetts and metro west Boston! I just took a new teaching position and needed a lovely place to live for a short time while looking for a home to buy or rent. Additionally, my children wanted me to live close to their new home in Newton, Ma. which is just a few minutes from the most amazing Washington Street. The convenience of have a state of the art Whole Foods Market, and other lovely shops and the Wellesley library all within walking distace of my home away from home was a joy.
Margo's hospitality and the lovely room I had allowed me to transition to my job and family in a most extradinory way: with comfort and ease. Thank you Margo for my lovely room, wonderful hospitality and genuine caring about the individual needs of each of your guests.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming and bright and amazingly wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Caution is warranted. Owner of B & B requested I call when I arrived at airport at 2:30 pm so we could arrange a time to meet. She informed me room was not ready and it would be best if I would arrive after dinner.
1. My daughter and I arrived approx 8:30 to 9:00 pm. The house was dark with no outside lights which made it difficult to locate. When walking up steps, motion light to front door activated. The walkway was uneven and had no lights on steps. (I am 70 years old). I rang doorbell and no one answered. I called both her cell phone and home number and only got the answering machine. My daughter and I were about to leave when the door opened. Rather than a warm welcome my daughter and I were instructed how to unlock and lock doors. We were told to remove our shoes, various slippers and flip-flops were available on each step. Her stairway was dark with only a very small motion light. At the top of the steps there was what appeared to be an activated bluelight insect killer. My daughter and I were shown the room and she left.
My daughter went home and I realized how cold the room was with outside temperature in the low 50s. I went to bed with nightgown, flannel bathrobe +4 layers of covers. The sheets remained ice cold and only the area I laid in was warm. I turned on TV to watch some baseball and/or sports and there was not one subscribed sports channel available, not even ESPN. I also had to hunt for a password for Wi-Fi. Some type of "welcoming note" is sorely needed in each room so one knows what is available.
For breakfast the first morning I ventured down the steps to find the dining area (please see pictures on website). Both doors were closed and locked. Because there was a key in one door, I opened it only to find a room piled high and deep. The owner heard me and stated all breakfasts were room service so I returned to my room. At that time, I complained to the owner about the cold room and she assured me that room would be "toasty" that night. I also stated how dark the outside was on returning. She stated my daughter should pull up into the driveway and motion lights would come on from the garage. This did not happen either of the two remaining nights. My daughter had to get out of the car and walk to the front door so I would have lights to see.
The room was toasty that night when I arrived and she had even placed a heater in the bathroom.
On the third night I had again returned to a cold room. I packed my bag and decided I would not stay the fourth night. At 2:52 AM I was awakened by two text messages from the owner saying she had taken a nap and just awakened and hoped my room was now warm.
As for my departure she presented my bill for four nights which I agreed. There was a place to write in a gratuity which I declined to do. The owner then actually asked me if I wanted to add a gratuity to the bill - I declined.
Other antedotes are available but I have already written too much!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to get away for our 3rd anniversary last weekend, and we were left hurrying to find a B&B at the last minute. After discovering Margot's little jewel, we now know who to call when we stay in the Boston area! From the shady, peaceful environs as we drove up to the comfy king-sized bed, all aspects of our stay were well appointed. Her B&B is set off the main drag, Washington St., comfortably so that no road noise was noticeable. Margot is a wealth of local info and knows this area very well, so you would do well to ask her if you are unsure where to visit whilst in the area.

Our room had an in-window air conditioner, warm hardwood floors covered partially by an area rug, and a private bath. Little amenities were appropriately sprinkled throughout our suite: a pair of cotton robes, ice bucket and glasses, chocolates, even some beer! We spent quite a while talking with Margot in the morning and discovered this B&B's warmth and heart comes from her love for hospitality. Not only will we be back, we now feel like we have a friend in the Boston area that we can call! Another thing to note is Margot speaks German. My wife speaks German and English, and it was nice that Margot and her could speak German together. She really enjoyed being able to speak it with her.

One last word: the negative reviews this place received seemed entirely unwarranted based on our experiences. We did not put too much weight on them, and we're glad we took the time to see this place for ourselves.

Room Tip: In the summer time, shut the door leading to the private bath, if you're staying in the Romantic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed one night at this lovely B&B. We were in town, sadly, for a funeral and needed accommodations for one night only. Had we been visiting for happier reasons we would have loved to stay longer. Margot Hampe, the owner, was solicitous and helpful in providing directions and good cheer. She served us coffee at 7 am as requested and later served us a beautiful breakfast in our room. Breakfast was a delicious combination of fresh mango, yogurt, orange juice and an egg souffle. The room was well appointed and spotlessly clean and our room had a comfortable king size bed. There were plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom. I would love to return and I recommend this B& B to anyone traveling in the Boston area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bethel, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed one night at this lovely Inn. It is away from the city hassle but near many stores and restaurants, and within minutes of downtown. Comfortable room and bed, many amenities and an extremely helpful assistant innkeeper named Don. We enjoyed it very much, and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I chose to stay here because of the great reviews it had gotten, the good price, and the location. The room had everything you could want, including a fluffy robe, something that few high-end hotels provide. The bed linens and towers were sumptuous. The bathroom had extra toiletries and towels, there was more then plenty of everything you might need. Although there were two other rooms with guests during my stay, I didn't hear a sound from anywhere. The bathroom was immaculately clean with wonderfully bright lighting. It's clear that the owners do all they can to make this place inviting and restful for their guests. I was sorry not to have met Margot, but Donnie could not have been more helpful and nice. The location was perfect, on a quiet street but only a few minutes' walk to the little "downtown" of Wellesley Hills, which has a wonderful bakery for breakfast as well as other little shops. I would recommend this B&B without qualification. Thank you to Margo and Donnie for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Margot Hampe the owner was very pleasant company and like many in the US now was quite happy to entertain two Canucks for a short stay. We stayed in the Honeymoon Romance room for 3 nights. Quite comfortable with no outdoor noise at all. The shower had high end bath products and there were lots of towels. Furniture of mirrors kept us feeling like we were in a larger space. The Indian restaurant around the corner was quite reasonable and filling The breakfasts were well thought out with personal touches you can only get in B&Bs. Margot ensured little treats were handy for us upon our return at night. We were very close to the T which at 21$ a couple round trip was a steal considering the speed and convenience to get to downtown Boston with all it's neighbourhoods within close proximity. I recommend the upper deck tours for two days. Hop on Hop off as much as you want with a large territory. The drivers are real characters. All in all our hats off to Margot for her hospitality and cheer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wellesley Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!