“Great Persian food, great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Persian food, great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love Molana. I used to eat at the restaurant when it was called Mirage in Framingham (at the location that is now called Big Fresh).

Chicken Kubideh is my favorite. They also have the lunchtime wraps which are a great option.

I love the dugh (yoghurt based drink, similar to lassi or ayran) but they tend to make it too salty. That may be authentic but I feel my arteries harden whenever I drink it. But it is yummy ...

This is a great place for lunch or dinner; on the weekends you may get long wait times because they do a huge take-out business. In the restaurant, service is 'functional'. They'll come by, take your order, make sure you have water and everything you need but don't expect them to come by and bug you continually. Also, your order may take some time to deliver especially because if it is something like Chicken Kubideh, they grill it AFTER YOU ORDER IT. So it is well worth the wait, no pre-cooked and reheated food here.

I don't believe they take reservations but I may be wrong about that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Germantown, Maryland
“One of the best Persian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We happened to try this place through a Groupon and were pleasantly surprised!

Pros:
1. Beautiful interior decor.
2. Their kabab platters are sumptuous and very tasty!
3. Being a Persian restaurant, do not miss their chicken and beef dishes!
4. Baklawas were a disappointment, have had better elsewhere.
5. Parking lot available towards the end of Spring St.

Cons:
1. Seating can be tight on Friday and weekend nights.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Massachusetts
“A raven-haired beauty . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great ethnic atmosphere; stunning, buxom waitress. I ordered a salmon kebab - three smallish pieces of fish with a grilled tomato and a large portion of saffron rice. My friend ordered the daily khoresht, a delicious beef stew with vegetables and Persian spices. The food was nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed the meal, if only for the smiling goddess who served us.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Wonderful cultural immersion, and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ate here on a Wednesday night when there was a table-full of friends of the owner, all singing to Persian music. I felt like I had been transported to another country - fantastic! I avoid meat so stuck with basic fare: hummus (tons of garlic), stuffed grape leaves (served warm - nice) and a delicious concoction of eggplant, onions, and minced eggs that had the texture of ground meat and lovely spices - very filling. The food was plentiful and very reasonably priced, service was fine, but the ambience was the real star of the evening. I will return again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anna Maria, Florida
“A lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food is not spectacular but its good. The atmosphere is lovely and a lot of Iranians were there celebrating Noroz (persian New Year) when we were there. We especially enjoyed the Perian ice cream. The staff was very nice, and we will certainly go there again.

• Visited March 2013