“Its beach food ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Wareham
shawnt90
“Its beach food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is great beach food at a fair price the woman who took our order was very nice and the food was great

Onset, Massachusetts
“Usually very good food but total confusion at times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've been to Stash's several times and have mixed feelings. Most of the time the food has been very good. We were disappointed in the lobster rolls, oops, roll (get to that in a minute) a couple weeks ago. Very little lobster meat for the money. Flavor mediocre. Complete contrast to nearby Eastman's last week.

We ordered two lobster rolls and fried clams. I asked the size of the clam box and the cashier (believe one of the owners) gave me a bit of a hard time. I simply wanted to know if I'd get a pint, quart, two clams. This woman is like that every time. We waited at a table outside and heard our number. I went inside and, long story short, I heard the same woman deriding me to a coworker because "I've called the number twice." Well, we didn't hear it the first time. I'm expecting our food but instead I'm told their out of lobster rolls and only had enough for one left. Doesn't the cook staff notify the front that they're getting low??? As I'm standing there people are coming in asking, "where do I order" and "where do I pick up"? How about separating the order area from the pick up area. It's silly how it is now.

The previous time, with the same woman at the counter, I specifically ordered onion rings. My witnesses heard me. When my order was called there were fries. We got our rings but had to wait an additional fifteen minutes.

There is too much confusion at the order desk. This should not be difficult. Pay attention. Move the pickup area to the side. Be polite to your customers. We're glad to have you in Onset but a few small changes will turn Stash's into a much better experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed Visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently had lunch here and were very disappointed. My wife had a scallop roll that had very few scallops and the bread had been grilled in lots of margarine which ruined the taste. I had the fish and chips and the fish was good (although greasy) and the fries were extremely salty. The men's bathroom was broken and there was a sign on the women's bathroom saying that the door doesn't lock, so we couldn't use it. This was one of the worst seafood restaurants we have ever visited.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wareham, Massachusetts
“Really nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just tried out the new Staches in Onset. Wanted to get there before the tourists do. We thought it was very good. My husband thought the hot pastrami was perfect! Same with me and the clam strip roll. Both sandwiches were overflowing. Strips were light & crunchy and melted in your mouth good! I ordered the small onion rings because I was told they were good. Well, if you order them make sure you really want them. The "small" was huge! After the strip roll I could only eat a couple rings. The rest are for supper tonight. I thought the prices were very reasonable. Strip roll $7.99, pastrami ws $7.49. Rings were $2.99 (large was $4.99) I can only begin to imagine the 'large' rings! Staches opened last year where Kenny's Taffy used to be. Right on the water. Good view. Lots of outside seating and lots of booths inside~seats 4 adults easy. Planned to go alone, but friends just going in as we got there. Had a nice time there. Place is very clean, waiters/waitresses very neat, clean, pleasant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wareham, Massachusetts
“Unbelievable food! Best in onset!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I ordered the captain stashs combo here it was out of this world! They give really good portions for your money and all the fish is fresh which is a plus. my fiancé ordered he Fenway pizza it was so delicious! The staff was extremely nice which adds on to its beautiful location! Thanks stashs! I will definitely return!!

• Visited December 2013