“Good hotel, but limited option for breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Greater Noida, India
“Good hotel, but limited option for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As such the hotel is good, I have stayed here several times. Rooms are good with fully functional kitchen. Wifi is also good, and probably free. But breakfast has very limited options, and there is no breakfast on weekends, which is very inconvenient for business travelers staying for multiple weeks. Location is OK, you can get a bus to Moody street (or even Boston) from nearby gas station. Costco is at a 5 minutes walk, so is Bartucci's Pizza. They service/clean the room only once a week, which is again a minus. More frequent service is paid.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Going through some bad reviews, I am amazed to find that I haven't found a single issue mentioned in those reviews. I am currently staying in this hotel and the facility and service is superb. Giving 4 stars as there should always be scope of improvement (and I met with some inconvenience at check in but that was more of a booking issue from my end)

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

I've only been here for one night but have hit a couple of problems
1. The service here is very hostile
2. Loud trucks early morning (not good when you're jetlagged!)

The loud trucks are here to remove snow early in the morning (understandable). I asked for a quieter room, however my request was met with a glare as if I'd just asked to rob the cash register.

I was told, repeatedly, in a very condescending/patronizing tone, that the reason that trucks make noise (beeping) when they are backing up is to prevent vehicle accidents.

Yes, I know why trucks make noise when they back up. I am not an utter moron. I would like to be treated with respect rather than contempt. The best I could get was a "we MAY be able to find you a quiet room tomorrow" coupled with a glare.

If you aren't dealing with jet lag and are a sound sleeper and don't mind dismissive service, this place may be ok. Otherwise, definitely avoid.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

I am currently staying in this hotel for the last 3 weeks and I would say the room and the hotel is certainly worth the money paid... Staff behavior is of top notch..Room is of quite good size with comfortable bed,TV,Fridge and Kitchen facilities.Morning complimentary breakfast consists of couple of fruits,oatmeal pack,coffee and a snack bar .Overall a nice property and would recommend this to friends/family anyone visiting Boston.

Suggestion to Management- I can agree to the fact that once in a week housekeeping is fine for people who stay for longer periods but the management needs to find a way out to empty the trash kept in room atleast on a daily basis.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your stay. I am so pleased to read that you received top-notch service from our staff, and that you found us to be such a good value. Please know that in addition to the one complimentary housekeeping service each week, that additional services can be purchased for minimal additional costs if desired. If not, we also have trash rooms conveniently located by the elevator on each floor. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

I had to spend a good week in Boston (or rather in Newton) and took this place. I was not expecting very much, and have been positively surprised.

Staff
People were very nice and helpful.

Room
Not very large, but it had everything one would need. A fridge with freezer, a fully equipped kitchen, desk, sofa and TV, and a nice and comfortable queen size bed. Evereything was clean and tidy.

Location
OK, without a car one would have been lost, but it was safe and quiet. The Prospect Hill Park nearby was a good place to catch some fresh air.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. All feedback is truly appreciated and only helps us to improve the service that we offer. I am thrilled to read that our staff was friendly and helpful, and that your room met your needs. It truly makes me pleased to see a happy, satisfied guest. It will be my great pleasure to share your comments with my entire team to show them how a guest can appreciate their hard work. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

Beware that this hotel has a practice of charging your credit card on top of prepaid reservations such as priceline.com, hotels.com, Orbitz.com, etc. In addition to being charged twice in hopes that I would not catch it, hotel was below expectations and crowd seemed supper sketchy creating an unsafe feeling.

Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, December 1, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the billing issues you encountered during your visit. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
North Highlands, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We went to Waltham because I lived there for several years. Very accommodating place. Enjoyed our 2 week stay, which included breakfast, Nice room with kitchen. Will visit again. Enjoyed easy access to many placed, Concord, Lexington, fall foliage was good.

Room Tip: Reasonable, excellent parking for handicap. Easy access to freeways.