“Not too bad! I would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Istanbul, Turkey
“Not too bad! I would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel about three weeks. General areas, lobby, corridors, stairs, elevator, not clean. Rooms are better. Staff is friendly, except one; Rachelle. She is clealry not happy to work in this hotel, so that try to avoid her, but usually there is one person at a time at reception desk, you might have to ask her a question! Room has a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine, toaster etc. heating/cooling system is kinda old type and a bit noisy, but works well. Internet is fast and works good at all times. Free car park, grab and go breakfast. Breakfast means apple, orange, cake, coffee, tea. This a weekly (extended stay) hotel, so that cleaning is once a week. There is laundry room and exercise room. When you check-in, there is a small shampoo in bathroom, a small soap, a small pack of coffee and a small pack of detergant for dishwasher for one use only. Generally calm and safe hotel. I would stay again but wish to see it cleaner next time.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We use feedback such as yours to better our brand. I am happy to hear that overall your experience was good with us. I do understand the lobby has been a little messier than normal, due to a lot of work being done. Most people such as yourself do enjoy our full kitchens. Also I want to apologize if any staff member was less then hospitable. This is not the norm here at all.

I do hope you choose Extended Stay for your future travel needs. We have over 600 locations all over the Us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is my first and last experience with Extended Stay America...we were in Waltham for a conference and this hotel was half the cost of the conference hotel across the street. Overall there was nothing wrong with the hotel but the refrigerator in our room was louder than the air conditioning and I wanted to unplug it to sleep at night. But the real problem was the thermostat which either provided blasting air conditioning or blasting heat so we finally turned off the thermostat and slept with the window open. This was not the "home away from home" experience I was expecting my recommendation is only for work and not for pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Kurt - Thank you providing feedback about your recent stay with us. While I am glad that you found our hotel accommodating, and at a reasonable price, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some inconveniences. While our fully equipped kitchen is an added convenience, I'm sorry that it disturbed you during your stay. The same rule applies with the heat/air unit. While some units auto adjust the fan speeds, others need to be handled manually.

We will certainly use your feedback to better serve our guests in the future. Thank you again, and best of luck in your travels.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was in Boston for a couple of days on personal matter. I planned to stay in nearby Hyatt, but the price was a bit steep. So when I discovered this one was on hotwire for half the price, it decided even though I had no previous experience with Extended Stay, I could take the risk.

I was not wrong. The stay generally was pleasant, the room and the hotel in general was good. The breakfast was kind of light (yogurts, muffins, oatmeal and tea/coffee), but it was OK for me as I usually don't eat large breakfast anyway. The surroundings are pretty nice.

The room was fine too, though when I came in there was a bit of weird smell, which I couldn't figure out what it was, but it was gone pretty soon. The room is clean and functional - it actually had way more than I needed (it's "extended stay" after all but I was there only for a couple of days). The internet connection was of reasonable quality (very important for me).

Sleep quality was good, except that in the morning they had some people doing some work on painting the outside, which was a bit noisy as they worked next to my room. I understand they couldn't close the hotel because of that, and they had an announcement, but I'm a late sleeper and that was a bit irritating. I assume though it was just a bit of bad luck for me and that doesn't happen often.

So overall I'm fine with the quality of this place, it's not the best hotel ever I've been in, but it's good enough and given that they charged half of what the next door guys did I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room overall, found your bed to be comfortable and that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I do apologize that you were disturbed sometimes by the work being done in a guest room nearby. We try our best not to schedule work during off hours for our guests or to bother them during their stays - we will continue to work hard towards ensuring this noise is limited.

We do hope you choose Extended Stay America for your future travel needs. Thank you again for choosing us for your travel needs.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very bad facilities at high rate. Service is not good, i had a repair in the dish-washer its not fixed at all. Breakfast is terrible same menu every day. I don't prefer this to my friends, and at least i will try to avoid it. There are many options around in this place may be little higher but i feel worth to go with them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I want to apologize for the service you received. We do take pride in our customer service. I am having our maintenance staff look into the issue with the dishwasher. We designed our grab-and-go breakfast for the traveler that does not have the time to utilize our kitchens. It is a menu that is easy to grab on the go.

We will use this survey to coach our staff. So these issues do not happen again.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in the Boston area for work. Since I was there under my company threshold of 13 weeks for an apartment, I had to stay at the Extended Stay in Waltham.

My room was small, but since it was only me, I was fine with it. There are limited TV channels, and not very much in the way of cookware, flatware, or glasses. I wasn't expecting a 5-star hotel by any stretch, but real glassware and more than 2 spoons would have been nice. The small dishwasher was a nice touch.

The front desk staff were STELLAR!! They were friendly and helpful, and really very pleasant. Breakfast...if you could call it that...is very limited to muffins, oatmeal and coffee. The pool was clean and inviting.

Over all, my stay here was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and more importantly for taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us about your stay. This is valuable to us in so many way. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room, (I agree that your room type is perfect for 1 person for a long stay) and I'm thrilled that our staff took good care of you while you were here.

The room should have had 3 of every utensil at your disposal, and for not being properly stocked I am very sorry. We unfortunately do not procure glass drink ware, but I also agree that it would be a nice touch. Not all of our hotels have the dishwashers either, and again I agree with you on that also being a nice little extra if you will. The breakfast, as a company, we are very excited about. Being an extended stay style we never offered a breakfast before. While we realize that the majority of our long term guests usually take advantage of our kitchens, we wanted to be able to offer something specifically for those guests staying just a few nights and need a quick something on the go. The breakfast is truly designed to be a "grab and go" style, and obviously doesn't always appeal to everyone. Still, I am pleased that your overall stay was good.

I'm glad your overall stay was a positive one, and I do hope that we will have a chance to serve you again some day. Best of luck, and safe travels.
Ramsey, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were very disappointed with our stay at Extended Stay. From the beginning, after a long drive, it's first, not clear where to park for checking in, as the signage is terrible. We got to the tiny, over crowded lobby and had a very long wait to be checked in. (There was only one person working there, and she explained that after six, the computers are set to the following day, so she has to re-set each page.)

When we got to our room, there was a terrible odor. The a/c was cranked, and I didn't know if the smell was coming from that a/c unit, or the very dirty refrigerator. It was so dirty, we chose not to put our own food in it. In the bathroom (which was nice and large) was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower.

Other issues: no ice machine at all, and just our luck, they were having the windows power washed and of course, we couldn't shut our curtains all the way because our curtains were broken. So at 6:00 pm on a Saturday, when we were in the room with our kids, we had men on ladders at our windows. It seems kind of funny now, but seriously, isn't that a strange time to have the windows washed?

If you need an extended stay type of place, find a Homewood Suites... they know how to treat you. If you need to stay in the Waltham area, there are many other hotels that will do it right, and I've stayed in almost all of them. Extended Stay America in Waltham just didn't cut it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Juliet - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us, as it will certainly help us to improve for future stays. I am so sorry to hear about the uncomfortable stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms, and it appears that we clearly missed the mark in your room. I will look into the logs and will certainly speak with both the housekeeper that cleaned your room, as well as the associate that inspected it.

I am sorry to hear that there was a long wait for your check-in process. It does appear that there was an unusual amount of late arrivals that evening, which would account for the unexpected long check-in process. We do try to staff the hotel with additional personnel during the peak arrival times, however on occasion, multiple late night arrivals will occur. It is difficult to plan for that scenario, and I am sorry that it got your stay off to a bad start.

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that the workers caused you. We are currently working to improve our facility, and the work that was happening was not simply washing the windows at odd times during the weekend. You are correct, that if it were truly just that, it would not make too much sense indeed! We actually are power-washing the entire building, including the windows and the sidewalks. We are then painting all the trim on the exterior of the windows and doors. We are also re-paving our parking lot this week, and beginning to refinish our outdoor pool deck and resurface the poor interior. It is all a part of our plan to improve the product that we offer to our guests. I am sorry that it was an inconvenience to you and your family in any way.

We will use your comments to help us coach up our team to provide better service to future guests. I hope that someday you may try us again. I think you will find that your experience was not the norm for Extended Stay America.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just wanted to write a quick review to note how helpful and kind the front desk staff was during a recent visit to the Extended Stay America Hotel at 52 4th Avenue in Waltham, MA. I recently found myself there while in the midst of an emergency. The person at the front desk in the lobby was so kind and helpful, it left a very positive impression on me. I will be sure to send my friends, colleagues and relatives there because the staff is so helpful. The front desk person could have been less than helpful, or found a reason not to help me, like is the case at other places, but she was very kind, friendly, and helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your extremely positive remarks about your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your time of need. We strive to provide each guest with the comforts of home and great service. I am pleased we achieved this goal during your stay.

We hope that you will remember us for next time. We look forward to taking care of you again. Best of luck and safe travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

Address: 32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Waltham
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Boston Waltham Hotel Waltham
Extended Stay Waltham
Waltham Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.