“Excellent long-term solution” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Waltham
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Excellent long-term solution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was the perfect solution to a long-term stay in the Boston area. The rooms were just renovated and were nice. The staff was very friendly and extremely responsive. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for the review of our property. All of us here at Extended Stay America are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the staff and service, and the newly renovated rooms and common areas. Many of our hotels across the country have recently had similar refreshes as well, and I know the service standard is the same. Again, on behalf of the entire team at Extended Stay Waltham, I thank you for your kind words. It means a lot, and the staff will be excited to see another positive experience had from a guest. We hope to see you again soon, and until then we wish you the best of luck.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of extended-stay hotels, and this was head and shoulders above the rest. The room was almost all new and nicely done in relaxing earth tones. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way for me. One can always tell when a hotel is being managed by someone who really cares and is setting a high standard for the staff. It makes all the difference and you will see it at this hotel. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our company's new design package. I am happy to say that many of our hotels across North America have received a similar treatment with even more hotels being added to that list in 2013. On behalf of myself and the staff you so kindly mentioned thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when a family member had a medical procedure in suburban Boston. Hotel was clean and comfortable with a large (for hotels) refrigerator, microwave, and stove top. Staff was very helpful and free in-room wi-fi worked well. Great location -- right off I95. I would use the hotel again if I was in the Boston area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Traveling can be stressful enough without having to worry about medical treatments as well. I am so happy to hear that we were able offer you an experience that helped make your trip a positive one. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was put up here for work over a two-month period and it felt more like home than most hotels. Honestly, the staff at Extended Stay (especially Rose) made it much more enjoyable and impressionable on me than most of the hotels I have stayed in (and as a consultant - a lot!). They learned my name quickly, were quick to help me with any questions and were prompt in addressing any concerns I had. Moreover, they were flexible and loving to my sweet laborador retriever. If I have an extended stay in the Boston area - I will most definitly return to Extended Stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you again for your comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America, Waltham, Massachusetts. I thank you also for your comments about the staff - and especailly Rose. It was so nice to hear that your Labrador Retriever is also having a very comfortable stay.

Guest service is very important to our company and we are very pleased the associates at Waltham are showing us they agree. From the management TEAM to every single employee at the hotel, we thank you for your comments, your loyalty and your business. We hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Boston and that we will see you again real soon.
Utica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay in many hotels throughout the year, for business. This hotel and its staff was one of the finest I have encountered. The room was newly undated, clean and fresh smelling. The bedding is a real issue for me in most hotels. Usually the pillows are horrible and I wish I had thought to bring my own. Not in this hotel! The pillows were perfect and the mattress was extremely comfortable. I loved that the refrigerator had its own ice maker which meant no midnight trips down the hall to the ice machine. The staff was exceptional. I asked for recommendations for lunch and was sent to a nearby restaurant, The Naked Fish. The food was outstanding and within my budget. I never wanted for anything at this hotel and plan to stay here everytime I am in the Waltham/ Boston area.

Room Tip: Heater in room worked almost too well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you both for staying with us as well as for reviewing your stay with us here on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that our mattress upgrade and pillow selection upgrades, both part of our recent renovations, have 'passed the test' of an experienced travelers such as yourselves. We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable than your last one please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you again, and Happy New Year.
Concord, New Hampshire, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

ESD Waltham is a bit better then the average rating but I wouldn't go very good. The location is well suited just far enough outside Boston to avoid traffic congestion. I choose this hotel specifically for the kitchen aspect and was able to prepare my breakfast and lunches without problem. The room was clean and well kept. The in room documentation indicated room cleaning once a week for stays of 5 or more days (I stayed 4 nights). I was pleasantly surprised upon returning to my room that it had been picked up, fresh towels etc. Although I never got to use it, the exercise room had the basic machines and was very clean.

Of special note was the young lady manning the desk when I arrived. After a long and trying day I was greeted by Rose. Often folks at hotel front desks are phoning it in. Not Rose. She was very pleasant and friendly. She made me feel welcome and made my day end on a positive note.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello and thank you for providing us feedback on your experience with us at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Waltham. Thank you as well for your kind words about Rose. She is one of our newest Associates and she is quickly establishing herself as a wonderful addition to our family. I am glad to see that she was able to ensure your experience with us was a positive one and we hope to have you back with us soon!
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I needed a place to stay while on a long term assingnment for work. This hotel was offering a discounted internet special. I checked out the property, made the resv and checked in on Jan 2nd. Was in the room for almost a yr and in that time had a few minor issues with the room. It was always a matter of mins before a maint man was knocking at the door and the issue was solved immediately. I can't say enough about the staff here. Always friendly and ready to help. Most of the people I met at the hotel were like me, here on business or while relocating to the area. I never had a problem with noise even though my room was near the rear exit. And I was allowed to bring my dog. That was the deciding feature for my choice. This is not a high class luxury hotel but if you need a clean, quiet, affordable place to stay, this is the place. If your here for a long time like I was they do offer discounted rates. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hello Mark!

Thank you for staying with us at the Extended Stay here in Waltham. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay enough to tell us about it on TripAdvisor!

Not only are we very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us these past few months, but we would like to say how much we enjoy having you and your dog be a part of our family. We hope to have you both with us for some time to come while your project continues. If there is anything we can do to make the remainder of your stay with us even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

Address: 32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Waltham
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Waltham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Boston Waltham Hotel Waltham
Extended Stay Waltham
Waltham Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.