“Decent & affordable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Concord, New Hampshire, USA
“Decent & affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

ESD Waltham is a bit better then the average rating but I wouldn't go very good. The location is well suited just far enough outside Boston to avoid traffic congestion. I choose this hotel specifically for the kitchen aspect and was able to prepare my breakfast and lunches without problem. The room was clean and well kept. The in room documentation indicated room cleaning once a week for stays of 5 or more days (I stayed 4 nights). I was pleasantly surprised upon returning to my room that it had been picked up, fresh towels etc. Although I never got to use it, the exercise room had the basic machines and was very clean.

Of special note was the young lady manning the desk when I arrived. After a long and trying day I was greeted by Rose. Often folks at hotel front desks are phoning it in. Not Rose. She was very pleasant and friendly. She made me feel welcome and made my day end on a positive note.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello and thank you for providing us feedback on your experience with us at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Waltham. Thank you as well for your kind words about Rose. She is one of our newest Associates and she is quickly establishing herself as a wonderful addition to our family. I am glad to see that she was able to ensure your experience with us was a positive one and we hope to have you back with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I needed a place to stay while on a long term assingnment for work. This hotel was offering a discounted internet special. I checked out the property, made the resv and checked in on Jan 2nd. Was in the room for almost a yr and in that time had a few minor issues with the room. It was always a matter of mins before a maint man was knocking at the door and the issue was solved immediately. I can't say enough about the staff here. Always friendly and ready to help. Most of the people I met at the hotel were like me, here on business or while relocating to the area. I never had a problem with noise even though my room was near the rear exit. And I was allowed to bring my dog. That was the deciding feature for my choice. This is not a high class luxury hotel but if you need a clean, quiet, affordable place to stay, this is the place. If your here for a long time like I was they do offer discounted rates. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hello Mark!

Thank you for staying with us at the Extended Stay here in Waltham. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay enough to tell us about it on TripAdvisor!

Not only are we very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us these past few months, but we would like to say how much we enjoy having you and your dog be a part of our family. We hope to have you both with us for some time to come while your project continues. If there is anything we can do to make the remainder of your stay with us even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.
Hawthorne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is a mecca for monied transients - people who are relocating, looking for work, got kicked out of the house, etc. I spent one night there when I had to get away from the room I was renting in a house in Waltham, where it was impossible to study because of the noise. As an out-of-town student, I didn't have many options. I went to this hotel thinking I would have a nice, quiet room in which to complete a paper I was working on. A barefoot, strange-looking man and a woman with a bunch of babies in the lobby, should have been my cue to run. On my floor, someone was cooking, and a foul odor of kimchee (fermented cabbage) permeated the halls. A dog in a room across the hall barked all night. People allowed their children to watch TV with the door open. There should be a law against some people owning pets or having children, and cooking kimchee in hotels. To say the place is unsavory, is an understatement. However, the room was adequate for short and long stays with. I had plenty room for one. The kitchen area was fine. The wifi worked well. Actually, everything I needed was there, but the noise and the vagabond-ish atmosphere ruined it for me. Needless to say, I didn't get any class work done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for recently reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. While I am happy you enjoyed your room and the wireless internet at the hotel I am very sorry to hear that some other guests detracted from your overall experience.

As an extended stay style hotel many of our guests do stay with us for a few weeks to a few months as they travel for work projects, relocate to the area, etc. Our goal is to provide a "home away from home" experience for our guests and we are proud to be able to offer all of our guests in-room kitchens which allow them not only the convenience, but also the cost savings, of not having to eat out every night. We take great effort to reduce any cooking odor as much as possible including carbon (odor-absorbing) stove hood filters, strong bathroom vent fans, windows that open to allow for fresh air, and a regular high pressure/steam cleaning of our heater/air conditioner units. I apologize that those efforts were not successful in keeping the aromas produced by another guest's cooking from reaching the hallway.

Should you ever have an experience, at our hotel or any hotel, when another guest is detracting from your stay please never hesitate to contact the front desk so that we may assist to the best of our ability. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bwl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

Address: 32 Fourth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Waltham
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Boston Waltham Hotel Waltham
Extended Stay Waltham
Waltham Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.