“Special Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Special Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Recently I was taken to La Campania by my family to celebrate a milestone birthday. We were a group of seven and were treated like royalty from the time we arrived until we departed. Everything was outstanding from the service to the food and atmosphere. Our waiter knew in advance this was a celebration and treated us accordingly. I can't say enough good things and would to have any excuse to go back soon.

Milan, Italy
“Very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Really a nice surprise. We were looking for an Italian pizza and decided to try this resturant with no expectations. Being Italian I feel I am picky about food and Italian food. From the name (Campania is a region in the southern part of Italy) I expected a Napolitan menu but as I stepped into the restaurant everything felt really ...Tuscan . There's a nice variety of dish selection and the portions were not oversized (I consider it a plus). The service was attentive and quick.
I had a nice pear salad while my family had all a warm mozzarella di bufala as appetizers and loved it.
We all ordered pizza after /which was not looking special but tasted nicely if you like the thin
crust style. Gelato was our dessert. Sanpellegrino and a couple of glasses of Nebbiolo were our
drinks selection. We enjoyed the cozy atmosphere and we will come back to try a full menu
course meal with friends' couples.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The warm environment is like a Tuscan farmhouse, and the food and wine are both superb. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is a bit of an odd location, but that is nearly irrelevant. Once you come inside, you will resolve to return many times. Get the buffalo mozzarella, bronzino, and osso bucco. All favorites of ours.

Ashford, Connecticut
“Wonderful atmosphere; fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a favorite in my family. The food is original with great offerings for specials and reliable menu items like branzino and lamb/venison ribs. The portions are not large, which just allows you to enjoy an appetizer, too! We love the chocolate souffle. Even the bread and olive oil is exceptional.

As noteworthy as the food is the setting. Lovely small spaces where music is subdued and you can converse. It feels like Italy. Service is steady and the wait staff are charming. Can't wait to go back.

Newton, MA
“Really very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The restaurant is charmingly decorated, sort of like a country inn in Italy. The food I found extremely good, as was the service. And for someone like me who is hard of hearing, the noise level was under control so I could hear the waiter and my companion. I started with the Mozzarella, tomato and roasted pepper appetizer. Then I had a pasta dish, which may have been a special for a short time as it was on a different page. Dessert was a classic creme brulee without a lot of "stuff" on it.

My only problem was with the seating, which was very uncomfortable. They really need better chairs.

• Visited December 2012