“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Point, NC
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Boston Waltham for a week on business and my stay there was really great. The rooms were neat and nicely decorated. Parking is free and ample. The lobby has a nice little Bistro that serves Breakfast and Dinner, and the menu featured just enough entrees for me to order something different every time. Staff was super friendly and helpful with ordering. They have a great burger, cheddar french dip, broc & cheese soup, hot wings (snack), and serve Starbucks coffee made on the spot. The rooms also provide free wi-fi and a bonus empty refridgerator for you to stock, if you like. Keurig coffee makers were in the room as well. Shower was super hot and super strong. Paul Mitchell hair and skin care products. No noise issues at all and I was very close to the i95. On a side note... it snowed a foot one evening, but the staff had the parking lot and areas around the hotel scraped and salted prior to the morning commute. I had no problems getting out or getting onto the highway. They do have a fitness center and pool accessible by room key. I used the fitness center a couple of times, four or five treadmills, tv's on the wall and on some of the machines, nice set of padded dumb bells and a curling bench, towels and water available in the center. Lobby was really well done, everything looked new. They had a large touch screen information center where you can find attraction or restaurants easily. They also had a huge 90 inch TV as well. I would definitely stay there again, it's a real nice hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is L shaped. I stayed on the 5th floor on the leg closest to I-95 and heard no traffic noise a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard in Waltham during a business trip. We had a problem with our reservation (which was clearly our doing) and Matt (the night manager) went WAY above and beyond to help us. I was extremely impressed!!! We travel frequently and this was probably the best customer service I have ever encountered!

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay! The hotel is modern, attractive, and very clean! The rooms are spacious (although you could hear some hallway noise). The hotel is in the suburbs of Boston and much more reasonably priced than the downtown hotels. Parking is free. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The pool was closed for repairs, so I can't comment on the pool. The food (breakfast) at the restaurant was very good. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really excellent stay here. My room was large and extremely comfortable. My requests made while booking, top floor with quiet room, were accommodated with a corner room. The restaurant at the hotel was nice for a salad at night and coffee in the morning, but I didn't try anything else. For the price- the hotel was great. It just didn't reach that excellent breach for me because of issues I had with my room, my coffee maker didn't work and there was garbage in my refrigerator. It was also trick to get to. Overall, I did have a wonderful stay and would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stay here often when in town for business. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. While the hotel is right next to the highway, I have never heard traffic noise. The bistro has a limited menu, but the food is good and the staff is always friendly and very accommodating...often going out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Courtyard Boston Waltham was great. It was laid out like a typical newer-styled Courtyard, with the bistro and lobby with the "go-board" and such. I didn't eat at the Bistro to vouch for the quality of the food, but it looked and smelled delicious. The "go-board" amenity in the lobby actually came in handy, too! We were visiting colleges in the area for my daughter, and it was very easy to find the college on the go board, hit print directions, and then the directions were printed off to the business center. The staff made this hotel stay pleasant, too. We spoke to a few different people working at the front desk and each time the person was convivial- even the night shift employee was lively and friendly. The rooms themselves were beautifully furnished, and very clean. I'm fastiduous when it comes to the cleanliness of hotel rooms, and this one passed my test. The beds were comfortable. Rooms were insulated fairly well- I couldn't hear the slamming of doors or the highway. (However, we asked for a room that didn't face the highway to avoid any possible noise in that aspect) There was a mini fridge, and a Keurig- definitely a fun feature to have. There wasn't a microwave in the room, if you needed to microwave anything there's one in the "market" in the lobby. The location of the hotel was fair; if you're trying to get to Boston it's not the closest, but if you're visiting Waltham it's very convenient to get anywhere you wish. It's not too far from Moody St. which has amazing food options.
My only complaint about this hotel was that the pool area was crawling with little ants. My daughter found this unsettling, so we reported it to the lobby. When we visited the pool area the next day, the problem was taken care of though.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.
-D

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lewiston, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is fairly new and very nicely decorated. The staff was very polite and helpful and I couldn't believe the price which was extremely reasonable, especially considering that we got 2 free hot breakfasts, which were pretty generous and actually tasted like food! The room itself was very comfortable (especially the bed) and was very cleverly laid out. A small area that didn't feel small. Literally right off I-95 but didn't hear traffic noise at all, so pretty convenient. I've stayed in a few different hotels on the Boston 95 loop, but this is the first one that I would return to! Very good experience overall!

Room Tip: Pay the $10 extra for the breakfast voucher- Definatly worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mike H,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Courtyard here in Waltham. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are also happy to hear that our guests appreciate the renovations we've done recently in our guestrooms and lobby and that our staff exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you again in Waltham soon.

Dan Gregorio
Ellsworth, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed a few nights in this hotel which is a 20 minute commute to Boston. The hotel is fairly new and has a few updates. The hotel is close to the hoghway so one concern is having a room on the highway side. We heard cars all night long. the air/heater units appeared to have issues in our room and we heard clunking all night. We were greeted happily by the front desk clerk. The hotel serves starbucks coffee and has a nice deli. One disaadvantage is I ordered a burger and it was microwaved. It went right in the garbage. Overall I would say figuring the price of the room $99.00 this was okay.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a room on the highway side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Crookednation,

I'm glad you took the time to review us at the Courtyard Boston Waltham. Feedback is valuable information that we can use to better serve our guests, and we always appreciate receiving it from our guests whenever possible. I'm sorry to hear that the highway and heater noise kept you up at night. I'd be interested in knowing which guestroom you stayed in, as I would like our Chief Engineer to check the status of the heater and the window seal. I also apologize that your burger was not prepared to your liking.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovated hotel and the updates we've made recently, as well as that our guest service agent greeted you so happily at check in.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to follow up on your stay further, as I would be anxious to hear which guestroom you stayed in. I can be reached at dgregorio@plhghotels.com.

Thanks again for reviewing us and we hope to see you again at the Courtyard Boston Waltham very soon.

Dan Gregorio

Been to Courtyard Boston Waltham? Share your experiences!