“Quiet, clean and comfortable with easy access to Route 128” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Quiet, clean and comfortable with easy access to Route 128”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have family in the Boston area and this little gem has afforded us the best opportunity to get a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. (No extra charges and no hidden fees for parking or wifi like some hotels nearby).

We were greeted warmly at reception and the lobby and common areas are bright, open and spotlessly clean. I did not have a chance go in the pool, but two women were in it when I walked by and they looked as if they were enjoying it. (note to self: bring swim suit next time--there's a hot tub) There is also a fitness center for guests to use.

The room was clean, pretty and the shower was hot. The bed was very comfortable and I slept through the night (which is not easy for me!) In the morning, we were able to get right back on 128 and onto the Pike to return home.

In short, this is a very nice hotel at a great price. Kudos to the management and the staff!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pawling, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Over the past 10 years, I have stayed at this Courtyard many times. I have always found the reception very friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. I would recommend this Marriott location highly; love that the parking is free.

Room Tip: Sometimes I am by myself and prefer to get in and out; I ask for a first floor room near ice which a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear chrism72112",

We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with us in Waltham over the past 10 years. We are always glad to hear that our staff went above and beyond and I'll make sure that we pass your message along to them.

We thank you for the recommendation, and hope to see you very soon again in Waltham!

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Clean rooms and common areas. Pool was a little cold, but hot tub was great! Clean, spacious rooms and convenient bistro with full bar in the lobby. Would recommend to anyone visiting Boston or needing someplace convenient to Children's Hospital.

Dear "AC W",

Thanks for the great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also liked the Bistro and bar in the lobby. I'll be sure to have my maintenance team check on the pool temperature to confirm it is at the correct level.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in Waltham again soon!

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is a favorite of ours in the Boston area. We travel frequently to Cambridge and this is a perfect location just off the highway on our way up. The hotel is new, clean and beautiful. The staff is friendly and accomidating. Free parking and wifi too! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear "rayraymar",

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and recommendation regarding your stay(s) with us in Waltham. We are glad that we have become one of your favorite hotels to stay in when visitng the Boston area. I'll also be sure to pass on the kind words regarding our staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Bronxville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I unexpectedly, but thankfully, ended up at this hotel after having car trouble on my way home to New York. In addition to the up-to-date, clean and comfortable accommodations, the staff was amazing. From the time I checked in until I checked out, everyone was so understanding and extremely helpful to my situation. The night guy (I am upset that I did not learn his name to give him proper credit), and Michelle and Miguel on the morning shift are definite assets to your company. Miguel in particular went above and beyond the call of duty, as he insisted on going outside into the frigid weather to check the oil and transmission fluid in my car, and then called around town to find a trustworthy transmission shop who could take my car right away, plus checked flights and train schedules so that I could get home to my family. I (and my car) made it home safely that night. Miguel's and the rest of your staff's compassion and assistance were refreshing and renewed my faith that there are still truly good people in this world. Your hotel has put Waltham, MA on the map for me and I will absolutely recommend your hotel to others. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The BF and I found ourselves at the Waltham because we needed a place to stay for an evening while visiting Cambridge, and I had enough points to cover the night. We arrived after 9pm and sadly learned that all upgrades for Marriott gold members were taken. We weren't too disappointed because we were just there the one night and would be departing early in the morning. The room was nice, and the hotel lounge, based solely on first glance, looked quite comfy and classy.

Unfortunately, during the night, the thermostat stopped working, and the room became uncomfortably warm. My BF and I both woke up because of the temperature, and my BF could not get ahold of the front desk after several attempts via the room phone. He finally was able to reach someone by calling the main hotel number with his cell. A hotel employee was sent up with a fan; she was not the most professional in her approach to the situation. We attempted to get back to sleep given the long day ahead but finally just decided to get up and get ready to go.

At checkout, we were asked how we enjoyed our stay. I was honest with the woman at the counter; I described the night we had and expressed disappointment with how the situation was handled. I also said that I didn't hold it against her and would simply reach out to Marriott when I got back home.

At this point, you might be wondering why I gave this place a 5. Well, later in the day, I received an email from the general manager at the Waltham. Information about our stay had been relayed to him, and he was very apologetic about the incident. He reviewed my account and seeing that I used points for my stay, he credited my account and offered additional points. Can you believe that?! I was, and continue to be, impressed by the timeliness of the response and the desire to deliver awesome customer service. Wow!

Based on this experience, I will certainly stay at the Waltham again. I also recommend it to anyone visiting Boston or Cambridge because this place knows all about customer service. Well done, and many thanks to Kaitlyn and Dan for making our satisfaction a priority.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in November of 2012. My room had one king-sized bed and the bed was oriented so that it was facing the window, as opposed to most hotels where the bed is astride the window. The room had recently been redone with all new linens, furnishings, a Keurig coffee maker, and new bath fixtures. The feel was very modern and zen-like. The lobby area has also been redone and there is a user-friendly lounge area and a snack bar with with plenty of eating/work space. There is also a small canteen near the registration desk where you can pick up a sandwich/snacks. The pool area is clean and pleasant as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Boston Waltham? Share your experiences!