“Outstanding Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Bronxville, New York
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I unexpectedly, but thankfully, ended up at this hotel after having car trouble on my way home to New York. In addition to the up-to-date, clean and comfortable accommodations, the staff was amazing. From the time I checked in until I checked out, everyone was so understanding and extremely helpful to my situation. The night guy (I am upset that I did not learn his name to give him proper credit), and Michelle and Miguel on the morning shift are definite assets to your company. Miguel in particular went above and beyond the call of duty, as he insisted on going outside into the frigid weather to check the oil and transmission fluid in my car, and then called around town to find a trustworthy transmission shop who could take my car right away, plus checked flights and train schedules so that I could get home to my family. I (and my car) made it home safely that night. Miguel's and the rest of your staff's compassion and assistance were refreshing and renewed my faith that there are still truly good people in this world. Your hotel has put Waltham, MA on the map for me and I will absolutely recommend your hotel to others. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The BF and I found ourselves at the Waltham because we needed a place to stay for an evening while visiting Cambridge, and I had enough points to cover the night. We arrived after 9pm and sadly learned that all upgrades for Marriott gold members were taken. We weren't too disappointed because we were just there the one night and would be departing early in the morning. The room was nice, and the hotel lounge, based solely on first glance, looked quite comfy and classy.

Unfortunately, during the night, the thermostat stopped working, and the room became uncomfortably warm. My BF and I both woke up because of the temperature, and my BF could not get ahold of the front desk after several attempts via the room phone. He finally was able to reach someone by calling the main hotel number with his cell. A hotel employee was sent up with a fan; she was not the most professional in her approach to the situation. We attempted to get back to sleep given the long day ahead but finally just decided to get up and get ready to go.

At checkout, we were asked how we enjoyed our stay. I was honest with the woman at the counter; I described the night we had and expressed disappointment with how the situation was handled. I also said that I didn't hold it against her and would simply reach out to Marriott when I got back home.

At this point, you might be wondering why I gave this place a 5. Well, later in the day, I received an email from the general manager at the Waltham. Information about our stay had been relayed to him, and he was very apologetic about the incident. He reviewed my account and seeing that I used points for my stay, he credited my account and offered additional points. Can you believe that?! I was, and continue to be, impressed by the timeliness of the response and the desire to deliver awesome customer service. Wow!

Based on this experience, I will certainly stay at the Waltham again. I also recommend it to anyone visiting Boston or Cambridge because this place knows all about customer service. Well done, and many thanks to Kaitlyn and Dan for making our satisfaction a priority.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in November of 2012. My room had one king-sized bed and the bed was oriented so that it was facing the window, as opposed to most hotels where the bed is astride the window. The room had recently been redone with all new linens, furnishings, a Keurig coffee maker, and new bath fixtures. The feel was very modern and zen-like. The lobby area has also been redone and there is a user-friendly lounge area and a snack bar with with plenty of eating/work space. There is also a small canteen near the registration desk where you can pick up a sandwich/snacks. The pool area is clean and pleasant as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as our regular place in Waltham was fully booked, the Courtyard exceeded my expectations. Room is spacious with free and relatively fast internet connection, breakfast bar was very convenient as you can have a quick but qualitative breakfast, room/bed were perfect, parking free, so really fine place to stay. I did find the price quite high for a courtyard but I expect that this was related to the occupancy in the area.

Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel lobby & my room are very nice. My room was super quiet, which I loved, and it allowed me to sleep through the night. But it's the hotel staff that really helped make my stay enjoyable. They went out of their way to make sure I could get where I wanted to go, and more importantly, get back! They helped me out when I got stranded after hours and got me back to the hotel safely at night - thank you Matt, the night Manager!!!

Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed next door at the Holiday Inn Express, but was hungry for dinner and the Bistro at the Marriott Courtyard in Waltham was a quick walk across the parking lot. This is a cool and trendy looking place to get a drink and grab a bite. Modern fixtures and an eclectic, comfy assortment of seating gives this location an upscale casual feel that makes you just want to hang out in the space for hours. The staff were super friendly and efficient. Grabbed a quick bite, and I mean quick. Whoa...I ordered my food and it was out in less than 10 minutes. Had some great buffalo wings with a terrific spicy kick and a frosty Sam Adams to start with. Plenty of napkins were provided for this messy treat and cool, crisp carrots and celery sticks with a blue cheese dipping sauce cut the heat a bit of the tangy, spicy, and crispy wings. My next course was disappointing. I got a seasonal salad which was the chopped fall salad with horseradish ranch dressing. Sounds good, right? Separately everything tasted great, but the combination was off. The horseradish dressing just did not go with the Granny Smith apple chunks and the sweet chewy dried cranberries. The tomatoes and the green onions clashed with these fall classics as well. The dressing was yummy and out of this world and would have tasted great with just the mixed green, bacon, walnuts and tomatoes, but throw in the cranberries and apples and this combination was less than tasty. I think I just ordered the wrong thing...I saw heaping baskets of crispy fries and juicy burgers being gobbled up at the next table.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel has been recently redone. It's clean, modernized, and the bistro had many choices for breakfast. Didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities but they all looked well maintained. The staff is helpful and one of my colleagues had an issue with his foreigh credit card and the general manager solved the problem with accounting. Great for business and even though it's close to the highway it is isolated from the noise and you do not hear anything in your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Boston Waltham? Share your experiences!