The BF and I found ourselves at the Waltham because we needed a place to stay for an evening while visiting Cambridge, and I had enough points to cover the night. We arrived after 9pm and sadly learned that all upgrades for Marriott gold members were taken. We weren't too disappointed because we were just there the one night and would be departing early in the morning. The room was nice, and the hotel lounge, based solely on first glance, looked quite comfy and classy.
Unfortunately, during the night, the thermostat stopped working, and the room became uncomfortably warm. My BF and I both woke up because of the temperature, and my BF could not get ahold of the front desk after several attempts via the room phone. He finally was able to reach someone by calling the main hotel number with his cell. A hotel employee was sent up with a fan; she was not the most professional in her approach to the situation. We attempted to get back to sleep given the long day ahead but finally just decided to get up and get ready to go.
At checkout, we were asked how we enjoyed our stay. I was honest with the woman at the counter; I described the night we had and expressed disappointment with how the situation was handled. I also said that I didn't hold it against her and would simply reach out to Marriott when I got back home.
At this point, you might be wondering why I gave this place a 5. Well, later in the day, I received an email from the general manager at the Waltham. Information about our stay had been relayed to him, and he was very apologetic about the incident. He reviewed my account and seeing that I used points for my stay, he credited my account and offered additional points. Can you believe that?! I was, and continue to be, impressed by the timeliness of the response and the desire to deliver awesome customer service. Wow!
Based on this experience, I will certainly stay at the Waltham again. I also recommend it to anyone visiting Boston or Cambridge because this place knows all about customer service. Well done, and many thanks to Kaitlyn and Dan for making our satisfaction a priority.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Boston Waltham Hotel
- Courtyard Boston Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Courtyard Waltham
- Waltham Courtyard
- Waltham Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Waltham, you’re located strategically along Route 95/128 (America’s Technology Highway), and only 20 minutes to downtown Boston. You’re merely 10 minutes away from historic Lexington and Concord. Comfortable, chic, and altogether welcoming. Whether you’re here on business, visiting nearby schools, or are a weekend traveler using our perfectly located Waltham hotel as the easiest and most comfortable base from which to explore Greater Boston, we welcome you! Whatever your purpose in visiting, we’re out to make the Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Waltham your favorite place to stay in the Boston area. Need Starbucks to start your day? Go no further than our lobby. Also find delicious breakfast and dinner selections at our Bistro. Did you know we have an open-air fire pit? Not to mention our courtyard outdoor oasis, where you can enjoy a breath of fresh air with your morning coffee, or catch the last rays of the day’s sun. In addition to a restaurant, Courtyard by Marriott Waltham features an indoor pool and fitness center. Televisions come with cable/satellite channels. Guest rooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Boston Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.