“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

While the hardwood floors in my home were being refinished I spent several days as a guest here.I was very happy with the overall experience. My room was very attractive with a king size bed, love seat ,large desk and free internet.

This hotel scored really high in every category. My room and the entire property were extremely clean. There was not a single square inch of my room that was anything less than sparkling clean and the lobby, hallways and even the elevators looked perfect.

The staff was very courteous and friendly. I especially liked the fact that I could park my car in their indoor garage for free which I thought was great considering the cold winter weather. Lastly, the Bistro in house restaurant was surprisingly versatile in its offerings and very reasonably priced.

This was a fabulous place to stay and was superlative on every level. In reading my own review here it sounds impossibly positive but this was actually the best suburban hotel I have evet experienced.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

This is a very clean Courtyard property with courteous staff, but I found the wall heating units to be too noisy for me to get a good night's sleep. Even though it is thermostat controlled it never turned off. As such, I think I will be staying at the Newton Marriott more often when I have business in Waltham. It is only 2.5 miles down the road and has a quieter sleeping experience with all of the added perks when somebody is an Elite Marriott Rewards member.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very close to T stations to get into Boston. Very clean. Very reasonable priced. Friendly helpful staff

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was one of those doomed business trips that was really salvaged by the service attitude of the Night Operations Manager - Matt Amirault. We had some late night addtions to the presentation we were using the next morning with a prospective client. Kinkos was closed, but Matt stuck around past midnight and figured out how to operate the Courtyard's new, complex printer/copier installation. His patience and determination to make it work for us was so compelling that I was compelled to enter this, the first review of any hotel in my 25 year business career. BTW - rooms were Very nice and breakfast was made to order - perfect.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. The lobby was under renovation during my visit but it was really no bother at all. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very nice. I always trust Marriott and this was no disappointment. Very clean room and new furnishings that were very well done. I felt very comfortable in the room which meant a lot to me since the travel was for work not fun! The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night sleep. It was a pleasurable stay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear 'DisneyCrazed',

I'm a glad to hear that your stay with us in Waltham was clean and comfortable. As you mentioned, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new furnishings and mattresses. I hope that the next time you are in the Waltham area, that you will stay with us again.

Dan Gregorio, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

What more can you ask for then a staff that seems to take pride in their hotel. During my time at the Courtyard I've had nothing but positive interactions with a smiling and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2011
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family and I arrived at the hotel the night of Thanksgiving, the hotel looked empty, but as we approached the front desk, a man received us with great energy and kindness.
We were very tired after being driving for hours to get to see our relatives and then go to the hotel to rest.
Michael told us about breakfast in the morning and some restaurants to eat in town,
offered us coffee and said that he could make it at any time (they can make coffee at any time, great!) after that, we were ready to go to the room.
Very friendly.
Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: This is a place where they treat you like you're at home