“Maybe to save some money, but otherwise...and don't confuse with the Hilton brand” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Fourth Avenue, Waltham, MA 02254 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We slept OK here thanks to the very loud in-room AC, but our child, who has traveled a lot, found the place scary, and my wife, who has traveled lots more for both business and pleasure, found it sad. There's no way we'd ever go back: there has to be a better place for the price. The guy at the desk the night we got in was very friendly as he helped us bring in the cot, but the woman at the desk the next morning was surly and unhelpful about the nearly useless internet connection. The entrance to the building was filthy--even a little sweeping would have helped a lot with that, but there would be nothing to do, short of massive renovation, for the worn interior. What made it especially painful was knowing we were committed to the shabby place when there were many other reasonably reliable chain hotels right nearby. I was suckered into thinking this was a Homewood Suites and thus at least familiar, but ours was a studio suite with none of the amenities of those chains and none of the pleasures of a local inn.

Room Tip: Some downstairs rooms are right level with the parking lot and seemed very vulnerable to break-in
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us of your recent experience at the Homestead Studio Suites Boston Waltham. We are sorry that you did not find your room to be satisfactory and want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Your comments are important to us and we want to assure you that we will take them to heart. Please let it be known that our hotels will be undergoing an extensive renovation beginning in October of this year. We hope that you will give us another try in the very near future as we know you will see a great difference in the accommodations. We will also speak with the front office person you spoke with regarding the Internet. There is no excuse for less than excellent guest service, which is what you obviously experienced. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again in 2013!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was unable to book my 'standard hotel' Embassy Suites and this was the only available property. Front desk staff were very good; very helpful. Room itself? Bathroom stinks - I mean smells really bad. A/C unpredictable. Supposedly "free wi-fi" isn't free. crappy service. I bought the $3 upgrade and still got only one bar. Couldn't connect to work vpn. Wouldn't sit in the easy chair if you paid me. Going to sleep in my clothes as I can't even imagine sleeping in this bed. Slippers are a must. Had booked for 2 nights; cancelled the 2nd night. If you're looking for a cheap room, this would be it. Again - staff completely made up for the crappy room. Staff were awesome.
I travel about 2-3 weeks per month

Room Tip: If you're on the cheap - pick this place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Boston - Waltham. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We regard a consistent, dependable Internet experience as crucial for our guests, who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. Uploading and downloading documents across a VPN, emailing, and keeping up with friends on social networking websites are all tasks that our guests perform regularly. However, our networks are not designed to accommodate resource intensive tasks like transferring large video files. Although we can typically identify and limit users who are tying up network resources, an overall slowness can be experienced across the network before we are able to respond. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

Lansing, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was a little skeptical once I read several reviews of this hotel, but was I wasnt looking for a lot just a nice clean place to stay while in the area for a day. I stayed in a queen size room which suited me just fine, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was inexpensive for an extended stay hotel and not far from Boston and Harvard University. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites – Boston Waltham. I am pleased that you found our room clean and your bed comfortable.

As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Greenland NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I travel most of the month for work , I have to say my best stay was recently in Waltham, MA . The front desk was so help full due to the fact I did not know the area. They informed me where resturants were and also delivey sub shops. The hotel was very clean . I would highly recommand staying here .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello and thank you for providing feedback on your stay with our hotel.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to assist you with their knowledge of the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in researching or making reservations at any of our 683 hotels across North America in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I found the front desk staff very friendly and warm when I arrived.

I stayed here for a short weekend plus an early weekday for a job interview in Waltham. Of the hotels in the area, or staying elsewhere in the metro area, this was the best price.

For an "extended stay" hotel, the amenities were lacking. If you wanted to save money by buying groceries and taking advantage of the kitchen, there was very little silverware to be found, and no glasses or anything to drink out of. The single serve coffee pot did not have any coffee in it.

Maybe I caught this place at a bad time, but even the bathroom was lacking. Very thin, very small towels that barely dried me. Thin bars of cheap soap and one cheap shampoo as well.

In addition to the very cheap decor, very fraid, very worn carpets in the common area, I would not suggest this as a place to stay if you are doing business in the area, unless you're looking for the absolute cheapest option.

If you're just looking for one or two nights on the cheap, I paid next to nothing. But.... Buyer beware.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this review, April 20, 2012

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great place to stay - reasonably priced. Excellent staff - Karen (Front Desk) and Susan (Manager) were extremely helpful, providing directions to local places to eat, etc. Just an overall great stay and experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were in a bind to find a hotel with kitchen ammenities after a snow storm caused a power outtage at our house and we were left with no heat and a newborn...so we quickly reserved here since all other nearby hotels were booked. The good news is that the room had heat, (which is what we needed) and a refrigerator (for my babies breastmilk) but the bad news is that it was disgusting. The ceiling of the room was caved in from what seemed to be water damage. The bathroom tiles were filled with black mold (both the shower tiles and bathroom floor tiles). There was a towel left hanging behind the door from a previous user (gross!!) and the capet of the room was lifting up in places. The carpet was grimmy and very dirty. We needed a crib, and they gave us a pack and play (no sheets provided). I cleaned the pack and play with baby wipes and the wipes were brown and red when done cleaning (so gross!)....luckily I brought enough baby blankets to cover the pack and play with our blankets (I spent 40 minutes cleaning the pack and play....that's how gross it was!). When we opened the pull out sofa for my in laws, the mattress had black on the bottom of it.. We all slept in the bed instead... it was a king size bed and incredibly uncomfortable. Pillows were flat, mattress was old.
No shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom--- just soap provided.
The dishes seemed clean, but we did not use them.
They charge you for internet.
There are lots of hotels nearby, so DO NOT come here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave? Share your experiences!