“Completely disappointing stay” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonds, Washington
“Completely disappointing stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I love Boston and the city but on this visit we stayed about 30 min out from downtown - and that's not something I'll do again. The hotel staff had to be contacted twice for housekeeping and we didn't receive a wake up call requested. the worst part was upon check out, our room had been charged twice as part of a reservations issue. The shift supervisor was rude not only to myself and my mother but also to my fiance who was working to rectify the situation. It took almost 10 days to receive the refund promised but the attitude of hotel staff was completely disappointing

The room was average, room service overpriced and they charged for self parking when adjacent to the hotel they have a paved lot..

If you're going to Boston for business or pleasure, I highly recommend choosing something in the city center and paying more for it. it's worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My first time in Boston on a business trip (have done a leisure trip at a wonderful boutique hotel in Cambridge), so perhaps this is just the tone of Boston hospitality. But had the sense that my greeter was being polite just ever so slightly under duress and that she felt irritated. Or maybe I'm just super sensitive. Which is entirely possible.

Anyway, the room was well appointed. The bathroom could have been cleaner (several sightings of someone else's hair). Complimentary Internet-lite. The air conditioner was also a bit wonky. The blower was only on one side so if you face the other way, i.e. sleep on the left side of the bed, you miss out. And the difference between 68 and 69 degrees felt like 10-15 degrees.

Otherwise, functional business fare. Room service was a bit lengthy and the food did not get finished. I really enjoy Westin when they go out of their way, and some properties don't.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi Kewlgirl,

I am disappointed to see that your stay with us fell flat on your recent business trip. I truly do appreciate your feedback though, as it will allow me to share this with our team and ensure we do better for our guests everyday.

Should your travels return you to Waltham in the near future, please do let me know by emailing me at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com. I want to ensure that your next experience with us at Westin Waltham-Boston is seamless. Thank you again Kewlgirl for taking the time to share your stay with us and we hope to have you again in the near future!

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The beds and bedding here lead to a great nights sleep as long as there are no noisy neighbors around.it was a busy weekend with many graduations and many young children. The bathrooms could use better lighting. All in all it was good.

Hi traveler073,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us at Westin Waltham-Boston. I could not agree more that our Heavenly Beds are the best beds anywhere, so we love to hear when our guests fell the same way!

Thank you again traveler073 for you and your family joining us at Westin Waltham-Boston. We hope to have you back here with us when your travels return you to the area!

High Point, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel, easy access to Interstate - just have to work around the rush hour traffic patterns. Staff was friendly and attentive, parking garage very close, grounds attractive. Quiet and peaceful setting amid the congestion of the Boston area.

HI Philip K,

I want to thank you and your family for joining us at Westin Waltham-Boston! I agree that our convenient location is hard to beat for guest visiting Waltham, Boston and the surrounding towns.

Thank you again Philip K for sharing your experience with us and should your travels bring you back to the area in the near future, we look forward to having you back with us!

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good experience and friendly staff.
Possible to ask staff for reservations and travel arrangements at any time.
Very clean rooms. making of rooms fast and in time.
Good bar area with lot of seating space and good late night menue.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Kurt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent business trip with us! I am happy to know that from our room to our restaurant you were able to fully enjoy your Westin Waltham-Boston experience.

Thank you again Kurt for choosing to stay with us during your time here in Waltham. We look forward to having you back with us when your travels return you to the area!

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was at this hotel last weekend (arrived on tue) and it was a great time. We called down to express service at least 10 times for different things hahaha!! My nephew was graduating so it was a crazy time for all. Stayed under his mother's name, but we all paid. Go figure, right!!! haha Anyway... The operator, Joy, was incredibly nice and I appreciated her willingness to help. She even offered to deliver towels when we hadnt received them but they got there quickly. Joy and the overall appearance of the hotel are the reasons I would come back and plan to when we come to Waltham in June. Great job in everything else and it's close to all the schools. My only pitfall was the service overnight. Two nights (tue and wed or thu) we went down around 3AM for seperate questions and the african american woman behind the counter looked like we bothered her and was extremely rude. I'm surprised no one at this great hotel has told her how to be hospitable and not yelling and arguing with the guests when we asked for extra towels and what time the coffee place opens. Anyway, I don't worry about a bad apple although you guys should know that overnight is truly a different level of service (bad) than the rest of the time. I'll be back.. just make sure im in bed by 2am! Also shout to to Ed (or Ted?) security guy for helping us get the things we need and allowing guests to bypass the issues overnight at the desks

Room Tip: Avoid coming at night and dealing with the night desk clerk
Green Features: It seems to be great environmentally. I think the Westin as a brand does a great job going green.
HI Eric L,

Though your experience had it's ups and downs, I am thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us at Westin Waltham-Boston, highlighted by Joy and Ted! We appreciate your candid review as well, as it will allow us to improve and better serve our guests, thank you for sharing that part of your stay with us.

Thank you Eric L and your family (also congratulations to your nephew who graduated!) for joining us at Westin Waltham-Boston. Should your travels return you to the area, we will look forward to welcoming you back again!

Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed there for 2 nights a few days ago. The hotel is OK but the service needs much improvement. There was no valet nor bell boy when we arrived. There was only one person at the front desk to heck in at least 5 people in line. Water pressure is really bad, specially for hot water. Make sure to ask for a room away from the elevators as there is a lot of noise near them.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Hi HarshReviewer,

I am sorry to hear about the shortcomings that you experienced on your recent stay with us. Though your UserID shows you are tough on reviews, we appreciate the good and tough feedback as it allows us to better serve you and our guests in the future. So thank you for your honest and harsh review and again my apologies about this stay.

Should your travels return you to us in the near future, please feel free to reach out to me at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com, so I can ensure for you a refreshed Westin Waltham-Boston experience!

General Manager, Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!