“Bar/Restaurant Staff and Atmosphere Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bar/Restaurant Staff and Atmosphere Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been to this Westin location a few times for dinner and drinks. It is a beautiful and sleek atmosphere with great attentive service. A staff member in particular who I have seen working the bar, seated restaurant area, and even Starbuck's counter named Frankie is a jack of all trades who is not only sweet but personable and funny!

Of course all hotels get busy, but in my opinion this location does the best at juggling a fast paced or even down-time environment and the staff does all they can to provide a pleasant experience.

Even if you work at the local office buildings in the area, the Westin Waltham is a great spot to grab a drink and bite to eat as you watch the traffic die down from the grand windows!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Solihull, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This was the first time staying here in Waltham, the hotel is large and easy to get to from the airport. Check in was easy, we asked to change rooms and this was sorted very quickly. The bedrooms are a good size although not huge, the beds exceptional and the toiletries are nice too.
The hotel has an ok gym and small pool, there are no lockers or changing facilities so I was unsure how you'd use the pool without walking through the hotel in wet shorts.
The staff on reception were very helpful and the concierge was very helpful in arranging taxis - which were needed!
I had breakfast each day which was good and gave choices to eat healthily, I also had room service which was very good - but pricey.
The issue with this hotel is that it is very isolated, unless you want to walk on very busy multi lane highways there is no way to escape the hotel but by taxi. I though about walking through Prospect Hill Park and had to walk to it through an office complex car park and up the side of a hill with no path to get in.
I took a taxi to Waltham to jump on the commuter train which was good value in to Boston. The taxi to the station was more than the train to Boston! I made the mistake of getting a taxi to Boston in the evening $70 was somewhat surprising at the end of the journey.
If in Waltham I'd probably stay here again, but would hire a car in advance to pick up at the hotel.

Stayed March 2015
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Westin properties in Princeton, New Orleans, Chicago. Stay on the third floor looking at the hvac unit which was not noisy. Room was clean and comfortable. The bar area is my source of concern, I have never met a more disinterested group of servers, it took them forever to wait on us Thursday night then after placing the order we get informed our choice is no longer available. Being a social scientist I believe in verifying so on Friday I made an earlier visit to the bar service was marginally better however the clam chowder was superb. Finally Saturday I decided just to observe staff interactions, it is clear that their responses/attentiveness varied with the observable differences in the cultures of the clients. This site has a captive audience unless you have your own transportation.

Room Tip: High floors facing Boston
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear thepearl8,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as our menu offerings inside Seventy at Third Avenue, but I want to personally apologize for the inconsistency in service that you had received at our bar. Our team strives to provide every guest the best hospitality and service during their stay, so it is disappointing to see that was not the case during your time with us and for that I am truly sorry. I appreciate your observations as your feedback will help us immediately improve our guest experience.

Should your travels return you to us at Westin Waltham-Boston in the near future, please feel free to e-mail me directly at GMWestinWaltham@Westin.com so I can ensure for you a seamless experience for your next stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us thepearl8!

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

as a regular traveller I returned back to the Westin Waltham having not been here for a couple of years. While there are some things to like I really think that in some areas the hotel is not as good as it was.

I like the redecoration the place looks clean and bright. The rooms as a good size, clean and the beds comfortable. The check in was good the reception was helpful and got me checked in quickly.

So what is there not to like. The first night I had to turn the heater / air conditioning unit off. I can sleep through the noise but when it turned off the thud kept waking me. The breakfast has changed from a buffet to a menu with limited choices. I ordered white toast and got wheat. The first night I really didn't fancy the menu choices so I walked to a local restaurant. The Westin is not designed for people who walk to get out you have to loop right round the hotel and the streets leading to the hotel have no sidewalks - or had someone covered them with snow! So the next night I stayed in the hotel and was very unimpressed with the food.

They have a good shuttle service to local businesses. I like that but all the hotels have that. The morning shuttle was fine but when I called for the return shuttle I felt very guilty for not having booked it in advance. Initially being told I had missed it I called back and said I want to book the next one and they did send it and on time.

So my recommendation is nice hotel but he restaurant needs improvement. The old air con units need to be looked at. I may stay here again but I will hire a car so I can go out somewhere in an evening.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hi GillPerry,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us at Westin Waltham-Boston. As a seasoned traveler you have had the opportunity to observe many areas of a given hotel stay, so though I am happy to see you enjoyed areas of your stay with us I want to apologize for the few areas that we fell short.

I want to ensure that your next stay with us a rejuvenated one, so please feel free to email me at GMWestinWaltham@Westin.com when your travels return you to the area. Thank you again GillPerry for sharing your experience with us and we will look forward to having you back again!

Cottekill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed one night at this hotel, am not sure I could have survived another. This may only be partially the hotel's fault, I realize, but there was a group staying there that turned the hotel into a 24-hour party, especially in the hallways. We had two girls trying to sleep and recharge for a two-day field hockey showcase, but sleep was not going to happen! Not with a constant stream of yelling and banging right outside our door. Again, I realize that there's only so much the hotel staff can control, but I would think that if one group was turning the whole place inside out, you might want to just to walk down the hall, maybe say something, maybe do SOMETHING to let people have a few minutes of sleep. What a bleary-eyed nightmare the next day was, and we sure won't come back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear SteveH-NY,

I want to thank you for sharing this experience with us but more importantly personally apologize that we did not provide you and your family with better hospitality on your recent stay. I am horrified knowing that your one night with us lacked in sleep as well as comfort, and for that I am deeply sorry.

If you would like to email me at GMWestinWaltham@Westin.com, I want to ensure your next experience at Westin Waltham will restore your faith in us. Thank you again for sharing, and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Personally, my wife and I are not drinkers, but think the new redirected entrance through the bar area to the restaurant is a good idea. It provides diners an opportunity for a drink before being seated and should work well for diners and the restaurant.

We are big OpenTable enthusiasts and really enjoy visiting for dinner 2-3 Saturdays a month. Its the highlight and wrap up to our busy Saturday as we live right here in Waltham. It provides us a clam and peaceful dining experience with a friendly server that welcomes us by name.

We enjoy knowing whats going on from occupancy %, to functions from week to week, or what was missed if we needed to skip a week. Obviously, we are pretty connected to this place and are occasional guests for staycations.

We dont usually write reviews, but wanted to now after dining here so frequently for over a year. There have been so many times that Malorry, John, Sarah, & Frankie have each made for a wonderful finish to our day as our server.

We appreciate tradition and consistency, but know that as time passes, changes are needed. With all the changes in the world today and here at the hotel with renovations, menu, and entrance redirection, we look forward to the settling of the dust.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Jay A,

I want to thank you for not only your glowing review but being a loyal patron to Seventy at Third Avenue throughout the years! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our new layout as we are thrilled with the results as well.

I will certainly pass your kind words along to Malorry, John, Sarah and Frankie as we are fortunate to have them part of our team here at Seventy at Third Avenue. Thank you again Jay A, we will look forward to seeing you again soon!

New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed here every year, my husband and I since 2002. The company we work for holds a trade show here yearly. This year was the most disappointing year. The buffet at breakfast had cold food, in years past the food was marvelous, this year it was not worth it.The breakfast buffet was laking the great choices we have seen in the past and we missed the huge variety of fresh fruit they once had. We ended up at Dunkin Donuts the second morning.
The work out room has great equipment, however while I was on my run, the room was over run with children (ages 8-11) They had come from the pool, still in wet suits, playing on the treadmill with the weights and on the elliptical. My husband called the front desk and they said they could not do anything. Now I understand the hotel is not responsible for children who have inconsiderate parents, but this made the work out dreadful.
My husbands very nice bose headphones went missing from our room. The hotel was very nice and the women who runs events did try her best to make up for it. But we should feel safe to leave things out in our room, sadly we had learn this lesson the hard way. Never again can we feel safe to leave a valuable item out in our room.
Like I said we have stayed here for many years, and there are always a variety of people here; families, business, sports teams. This year the hotel was over taken with youth sports. The children where running the halls, taking over the workout room, making a lot of noise. One child brought a hockey net into the elevator bumping my mother.
We had a lot of negatives this time, but there was some positives. The wait staff and bar staff was fantastic. I think his name is Joe, who works the lunch at out trade show was very nice, helpful and attentive. We had a couple hungry people arrive a couple minutes late to lunch, just after they cleared it and he made sure they got a plate. This type of service was awesome. The servers and bar tender at our banquet were also very professional and attentive. The bar tender Geno was great, he was friendly and when the night got very busy was able to stay on top of all the drink orders. I was impressed he never seemed stressed by the amount of people that descended the bar after the banquet.
We did enjoy the room renovation this year. Great shower and over all use of space. Not the best year for us, hopefully next time we don't have these hiccups. We do enjoy seeing some of the same employees year after year.

Room Tip: A room away from the open center of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi genevieve b,

Though there are several positives in your review, I want to express my sincerest apologies for the multiple areas where we fell short during this stay. I know our team prides themselves on their hospitality and integrity, but I am horrified to hear how we failed this year for you and your husband during this stay.

I know that our Director of Rooms has reached out to your husband directly regarding his headphones, but should there be any area where I can be of further assistance, please feel free to reach to me directly at GMWestinWaltham@Westin.com as I want to ensure every stay you have with us moving forward is seamless. Thank you genevieve b for your years of loyalty to us at Westin Waltham-Boston and once again I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies for what transpired during this stay.

General Manager, Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!