“Check on convention before going” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Check on convention before going”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We usually love the Westin especially the Sunday brunch. This past Sunday we did not stay over but decided to have a special sunday and enjoy brunch. When we arrived we noticed that the restaurant was unusually crowded. The hostess brought us past the dining room with the lovely windows, past the second room with windows into the Emerson banquet hall with no windows or view. The tables we set up to seat 10 and we were told to sit at a table for 10 even though it was just my husband and myself. Then we looked around and found that we were surrounded by trans-gender convention attendees. The conventioneers were extremely loud and rude talking about being drunk the night before. We felt as if we were in a cheap diner! We will find another venue for future special days.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My job puts me in the road a lot (I average 120 nights a year). I am usually a Marriott guy, but sometimes I find myself at a Starwood property. I typically like Westin's as they are comparable to full service Marriott's. This time the hotel was nice, but i was hoping for more. The rooms were fine, the staff was courteous. The one issue with the hotel was the restaurant. Three of us waited almost two hours for our food. I ended up going to my room (where the eventually sent the food). They were busy and under staffed all three nights and we ended going out to eat the other two nights. I will say, when I let the management know about the issue, they were very apologetic and waived some mini bar charges and sent up a dessert and personalized note. I appreciated the resolution from management, but the bar and restaurant were just as busy the next night with the same level of service. I will be staying there again and am hopeful that next time I can give a great reviews

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi David C,

I want to thank you for your candid review of your stay with us at Westin Waltham-Boston. Being a seasoned traveler, we know that your hotel room can be your home away from home and I am disheartened to know that your experience came up short on this stay. Though I am glad our team tried to make things right, your comments will help us improve on our shortcomings moving forward.

Should your travels return you to the area and you give us another try, please feel free to reach out to me at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com, so we can ensure a more refreshing experience. Thank you again David C for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience!

General Manager, Westin-Waltham Boston
Lagos State, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We chose The Westin as a family wedding venue and we could not have been more pleased. The staff were so helpful and friendly, the rooms were lovely and facilities were top notch. The reception hall was beautiful and spacious- lots of dancing room! the service and food was great and it was all very memorable indeed. Also very scenic... great for outdoor photos and such. The staff were really wonderful, made us feel very special... complete with handwritten notes from the manager... I think his name was Richard. Warm, wonderful, Westin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi ChinnyU,

This is a great way to start the week, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am thrilled to hear about how our team made a memorable occasion for your friends and family one to truly remember. I will certainly share your kind words with them, as well as Richard for leading the way. Best wishes and luck to the newlyweds and we will look forward to seeing you again the future!

Freeport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at the Westin in Waltham a number of times. This was our best experience. The rooms have been renovated which is an improvement. This trip was a quick stop but enjoyable.

The Westin beds are wonderful. If you have never stayed at a Westin you are missing out.

We stayed there on a Saturday night - it was quiet. We booked the AAA Local package which is a real deal if you are a AAA member from New England - king room with full breakfast buffet for two (very nice) and parking for $106. That is hard to beat and for a very nice facility.

On Sunday morning they have a jazz brunch - really nice with a great three piece band.

The staff at the Westin are top notch.

Green Features: They have a program that if you are staying more than one night, you can forego housekeeping and get a $5/night coupon for food and beverages or to donate to charities.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi 477Aspen,

I want to thank you for your thorough review of our hotel and that your quick trip was an enjoyable one with us at Westin Waltham-Boston! I agree that our Heavenly Beds are wonderful and we are very excited about our newly launched Sunday Jazz Brunch as well. Thank you again for sharing your experience and should your travels return you to the area, we will look forward to welcoming you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is nice and so is the management. There was an issue with a food item and to their credit, they handled it very well. Their follow-up was impeccable and carried the mark of enlightened hospitality

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hi Sanjay B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us at Westin Waltham-Boston. Every situation where we fall short helps us learn from our mistakes, so I am glad to hear our team worked to make things right. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to the area Sanjay B, and thank you once again staying with us at Westin Waltham-Boston!

La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have had the opportunity to stay at this Westin twice now and they are consistently excellent. The front staff (especially Melissa) are spot on! This is so convenient for my business needs with their fabulous shuttle service to the nearby offices. The people that work at this property really care about what they do and it shows throughout the hotel from the minute you meet the valets until you check out.

• Stayed January 2015
Hi Helene Z,

This is a great way to jump start the weekend, thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad that our shuttle helps to serve your needs, but I am thrilled to hear that our team made you feel right at home with Melissa leading the way. Thank you again for staying with us at Westin Waltham-Boston and we look forward to welcoming you back for another recharged stay!

Bayonne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel before for conferences in the area. The hotel is very modern, the rooms are spacious and the staff are very friendly. I was upgraded to a junior suite and had a welcome note from the manager accompanying a tray of cheese and crackers and some sparkling water. It was a nice gesture and I always like with the GM acknowledges platinum and return guest. There was hot coco in the lobby which was a nice touch. The staff were helpful in recommending some restaurants in the area. It would be an additional nice added touch if there were a club lounge or if breakfast was included for platinum level guest. This hotel participates in the make a green choice program.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hi whslc,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Westin Waltham-Boston! As a seasoned traveler we know hotels can sometimes be your home away from home, so I am happy to see that you left feeling recharged from your stay. Thank you once again for your SPG loyalty and staying with us at Westin Waltham-Boston. Should your travels return you to the area for business or pleasure, we will look forward to welcoming you back!

General Manager, Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!