“Very Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent one night at the Westin off the exit in Waltham. The room was very nice and very clean. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant and welcoming. We had a king room and the there was a lot of space to move around including a entry way and sitting area. We ordered breakfast in bed and it was delivered promptly on time and the food was hot and delicious. The only minor complaint I have is that we had signed up for late Sunday checkout at 3:00 PM(which is an amazing option and every hotel should offer it), I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door just in case house keeping was not aware we were doing late checkout. Promptly at noon they knocked despite the DND or late checkout. They were still very pleasant like everyone else at the hotel. This is not a big deal I just felt I should mention it in hopes of improving the Late Checkout Option in the future. Overall HIGHLY SATISFIED.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GMManishBhatia, General Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Bshorne1!

Thank you for the inspiring review of your experience with us at Westin Waltham. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, specifically our newly renovated rooms and In Room Dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels return you to Waltham. Please let me know if you would like to do a late check out again too, so we can make sure to knock later next time around!

See you soon.

General Manager, Westin Waltham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maple Glen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Westin Waltham is a very nice hotel in west suburban Boston. I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and the facility. The staff was typical Westin, i.e. AWESOME. There is a great view from the lobby bar, the food is fantastic, and it is easy to access and egress from this property.

Green Features: You can participate in the Westin Green program at this location
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
HI UKTrojan69,

Thank you for joining us and taking the time to let us know about stay at Westin Waltham. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything from our service to our newly renovated rooms and lounge. I agree that is an invigorating view from our lounge, especially during the fall season.

See you soon and thank you again!

Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Westin is clearly an upscale hotel with excellent service and very comfortable rooms. I was attending a major family event so I had a chance to participate in their banquet facilities. All was good.

One annoyance is I used valet parking but it is my understanding they charge for self parking. If this is true, consider it part of the room fee since you have no way of avoiding it.

They have free wi-fi in the lobby only.

You will definitely enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hi godolnj,

I would like to thank you, as well as your family, for joining us at Westin Waltham and letting us know about your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything from our service to our banquets during your time with us. We do offer both valet and self parking for our guests as part of our location, but I do want to apologize if there information miscommunicated in that regard.

See you soon and thank you again!

Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Five months ago we visited the Westin Waltham, and while our stay was pleasant, the hotel was undergoing major renovation which created a lot of noise and confusion. I'm happy to say that on our return stay, the construction is finished and the public areas - lobby, bar and restaurant have a new and improved look which takes advantage of the view from the hilltop location. Only problem was, either the heating system in these areas wasn't working or wasn't adequate to deal with the large glass-enclosed spaces as it was freezing in the lobby and worse in the bar. (I had to put on a sweatshirt to sit there.) When we asked about it, we were told it was just a result of "so much glass" in those areas. It was clearly more than that and I heard others complain about it. In all other respects we were pleased with the hotel - service was good, rooms are spacious, bar menu is good, and we like being able to get a rental car right at the hotel. We will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
David A, Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for staying with us, during and now post renovation. It’s great to hear that you like the improvements we made. We like them too! The new lobby, lounge and restaurant are so inviting and offer a great space to refresh and relax. Since your last visit we have also repaired our heating system to make the chilly months cozy and warm. I hope we can welcome you back in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We stayed here on a recent Saturday night......basically just needed a place to sleep for the night. Booked on priceline and got a decent rate. At registration, guests are told that it is $15 for self park or $40 for valet parking.....really peculiar since there is a dedicated multi story parking garage on site. We opted for self park & were told that we'd need our room key to exit the lot......the gate remained in the up position, so clearly the parking charge was a scam.
Our room was recently renovated, nicely appointed, & everything seemed clean. The bed was so comfortable! And the shower was quite nice. Heating system made a lot of noise which woke us several times.
Drinks in the bar were measured and pretty bad.
Ambivalent about whether I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask how far your room is from the elevator.....we were very far.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
David A, Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and offering such honest feedback. Although you enjoyed the room and our Heavenly bed I’m disappointed to hear about your experience at the bar and with our parking. The cost of the parking is so that we may staff overnight security to keep your car and belongings safe and secure. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back in the future and that our parking fees do not hinder your decision. We would love the chance to serve you again!
Rueschlikon, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I have been three times and all times I had the same feeling: "Is this really a Westin?"
Well, nice rooms, nice atmosphere but... You can hear everything, both outside and the next rooms, furnitures a bit "old fashioned", etc..
Not at the European standard at all.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us on three different occasions. I’m glad you enjoy our décor and rooms. I’m also very sorry you find those same rooms to be noisy. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a fourth time and if we do, I’m certain we can find a quiet room that will exceed your expectations.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This property shows its age. Room was not clean when I checked in (black hair on the bathtub rim). In-room HVAC unit partially extended from the wall. This Westin is an odd shaped building being circular in shape, thus the rooms are oddly shaped. It is conveniently located off the interstate and the restaurant is good quality. I have stayed at much better quality Westin hotels. I would have to give this hotel a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. Not disappointed but I definitely expect better from a Westin property.

Room Tip: Interstate highway adjacent to the west side of the property is audible from rooms on the West side...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Hi swa1ton,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as I always appreciate feedback from our guests. As a traveler that has experienced other Westin properties, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, as well as enjoy our newly-renovated restaurant Seventy @ Third.

I am sorry about the shortcomings you experienced regarding your room cleanliness, as getting the basics right are extraordinarily important to my team. Should your travels return you back to Waltham I want to personally make sure we exceed your expectations as a Westin property the next time around, so reach out to me at GMWestinWaltham@westin.com prior to your arrival so we can ensure an enlivened experience next time!

See you soon and thank you again for your review.

General Manager, Westin Waltham

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!