“Comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elgin, Texas
“Comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here while visiting Boston and the rates were very good and the beds were so comfortable. Room was quiet. Wifi was good, Starbucks in the lobby. Had gym/workout room but did not use. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were here as part of a large group. Rates very reasonable for a stylish hotel. Nice rooms, comfortable beds. Heard the restaurant was pricey so didn't try. Free computers and printers in lobby to print boarding passes a nice touch. Location a bit isolated, with few non hotel restaurants nearby.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Smolensk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first but hope not the last visit to the hotel of Westin brand, I was impressed by the room design and comfort. The room I had was very quiet despite being not far from the elevators - I would say the level of sound insulation is not bad :-)
The hotel also provides free gym\workout room and pool.
The food at the restaurant was also good, although, from my previous experience with about 150 hotels visited in recent 4 years in different countries, I would have expected breakfast to be included into the room cost, as it is done usually in ROW)))
Although, having paid $30 for scrambled eggs with some fresh vegetables and fruit + orange juice, I was not disappointed by their taste ;-)

Room Tip: Don't forget to take your swimming clothes if you intend to visit the hotel pool - it's not...
Green Features: The ecology profile of the hotel shows rational care of the local nature without making it too shown-off or impertinent. They try to think about the nature everywhere they can, without limiting the guests in any nature resource use or imposing their views on all the guests :-)
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Voorhees
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. We chose westin instead of the hyatt house thinking we were getting a nicer hotel even though the price was higher. The lobby is nice, the room was ok, but our room the night prior at a Hampton inn was cleaner. However, they nickel and dime like crazy- seemingly to make you think it's a nice hotel. They charge for wifi unless you want to sit in the small lobby where it's free. They have printers in case you need them but both we're broken. They advertise that a local tour company picks up at the hotel for Boston tours, but they no longer have it- they just advertise that they do. They have no vending machines. If you'd like a soda you need to order room service. We went in the pool, and while they had normal towels the first time, the second night they only had hand towels! They advertise a free local shuttle but don't bother to say that it's only available on weekdays. We had a lot of issues for a two night stay!!! Should have stayed at the hyatt next door.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
David A, Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I’m very sorry to hear about your most recent stay with us. We work hard to make everyone’s stay memorable and unfortunately it looks like we did for the wrong reasons. Your feedback and honest review is very much appreciated and we will do our best to fix the issues that you have pointed out. I hope you will give us a second chance to offer a true Westin experience when your travels bring you back to the Waltham area.
Philadelphia PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a nice property located very conveniently for Boston. Downtown is only 15 minutes away if traffic is light.

The property is very attractive, all glass and curves. The hotel itself inside is oddly shaped. The lobby is narrow and curved but attractive. This is where it got weird. We arrived late, and the place was crowded. Outside in the courtyard was a group of teenage skateboarders. An odd site. Not one to judge, I walked through their cloud of cigarette smoke to the revolving door. The door worked, but the glass was recently broken with tape over the cracks. Unusual. But, whatever. Accidents happen. This is an awkward first impression.

The lobby was where things started to go sideways. So many drunk people, wow. Very loud and very boisterous. I watched a women carried from the bar. I haven't seen anyone that drunk since college. Quite a scene. Getting a bit nervous now.

Got to the front desk, and the clerk was quite pleasant, but as we were late our room has been given away. The only rooms available were king size beds instead of two queens. No choice. This is a bit awkward, now. My daughter and I are very close, but not about to sleep in the same bed. Well, the couch unfolds. Whatever. Same price.

The rooms are great, clean, and comfortable. Bathroom is cleaner than mine at home. Quiet rooms, excellent furnishings. We called for an extra blanket and pillow for the fold out bed, and it arrived quickly and with a smile. Always appreciated.

Parking was included in my rate as was WiFi, but these things I gather are usually additional. This adds on to what is already a pricey room.

I'm not sure if the property always runs this busy and wide open. Saturday was weddings and Bar mitzvahs. Tour buses in the parking lot. Again, crowded lobby and and elevators.

So, the choice is up to you. I have stayed at the Courtyard across the street as well. It's quite functional as well. Rooms are nicer at the Westin.

Thank you to the cleaning staff! Cleanest room I have stayed at in recent memory.

Room Tip: Make sure you are clear that substitutions are not acceptable!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
David A, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
You certainly stayed with us on busy weekend and we appreciate the candid feedback. We make ourselves accessible to all types of guests and do often have a wide variety of special events, special occasions and tour groups staying with us. I’m sorry that we could not accommodate the bed type you were looking for; however, I am thrilled to learn of how accommodating our staff was and how clean you found our rooms and bathrooms. The teams work hard to provide memorable service and amazingly clean rooms!
Rutherford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I lived in Boston from 2002-2007 and am very familiar with a number of the Back Bay and Waterfront luxury hotels. However, my boyfriend and I chose to stay at the Westin Waltham during a recent weekend getaway. I have to say that in comparison, we were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality, comfort and accessibility of the Westin Waltham. Not staying within the Boston city limits was not an issue, in fact, I think that after a day in the city, we were able to arrive at the Westin by car in far less time than it would have taken us to navigate through the city via car or T. Oh, and the breakfast buffet at the restaurant is incredible!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
What a great review, thank you so much for taking the time to write. And thank you for staying with us. We do have an amazing hotel with all the comforts of staying in the city. We work hard to provide a wonderful experience and it looks we were able to meet and exceed your expectations – especially at breakfast!
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The person at the check in desk was friendly and got us checked in with no delay. The rooms were okay, but we could hear noise from the construction going on at the hotel. The construction made it difficult to even access the hotel. We gave up trying to drive near the door and just parked in the garage. Luckily, we did not have a lot of luggage because it was an obstacle course getting to the make-shift lobby. The "restaurant"/"bar" were in temporary locations as well. It would have been nice to get a warning during booking about extensive nature of construction. We were tired and so ate dinner at the hotel. It was edible, but not particularly good. Bottom line is that it was located near where we needed to be the next day, was clean, and the rooms were just fine. No doubt it would have been a better experience without all the construction.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
David A, Manager at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Your feedback and mixed reviews are frustrating to hear and I’m sorry for that. I appreciate your candid and honest feelings about the hotel. Knowing our staff was friendly and provides great service is wonderful to hear. I’m also very sorry that our renovation impacted your stay. The good news is that our renovation is complete and we are now welcoming our guests in a freshly renovated lobby and serving food and drinks in a wonderful new restaurant. I hope you stay with us again to enjoy a true Westin Waltham experience.

Been to The Westin Waltham-Boston? Share your experiences!